Declined [JB] Un-restrict Simon Says again (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee

Donator
Hello Folks, I'm here today to bring something to the table thats been banned restricted previously to LR only, Simon says.

Simon says needs no introduction, it's a wordplay game that forces the reds to be more vigilant in hearing orders clearly and coincidentally forces the warden to be creative, right now its restricted to LR-only but previously it was unrestricted and can be played at any time.

I would like to preempt a popular argument against the minigame which claims that its "trick orders", I believe this to be disingenious, I honestly believe that the game is pretty simple to understand and is an extension of creative minigames that would be good to have in the arsenal of a good warden, and would be quite alright to have as a exception again.

Most reds know that all orders override orders, and since SS has been banned for a bit it'd take a bit to re-adjust to. Might be a bit of an exaggeration, and may not be as big of an issue, but most reds don't exactly care for simon says either due to some warden's mics cutting out or being low quality. Is just genuinely a hassle for a low-quality minigame when most maps are flourishing with unique mini-games that are 10x more fun than Simon Says.

I would like to preempt a popular argument against the minigame which claims that its "trick orders", I believe this to be disingenious, I honestly believe that the game is pretty simple to understand and is an extension of creative minigames
the entire gimmick of it is that you try to get reds to do orders without saying "simon says" so that you can kill them, I don't see how the trick order thing is hard to grasp. i would be so bold as to say any argument you can use to say simon says should be allowed could also be used to suggest that days should be allowed. theyre both easy to understand just pay attention!

anecdotally I never see people do simon says as an LR which makes me think either people are unaware it's a valid LR or do not think it's enjoyable enough to blow an LR on. i might do a couple simon rounds just to see how the modern playerbase handles it and drop back in with some news but ive never been a fan of simon says so im sticking with a no vote.

I like the minigame, but its really easy for blues to mess up, but I guess that's a them problem not an us problem. (Until I have to handle it). From my experience Simon says tends to fail because a blue forgets about it, or warden doesn't do a minigame, and ends up delaying (or also forgets about it too). Simon says relies on extremely clear instructions, and if reimplemented should be done with a lot of attention applied to it.

• Agree
Reactions: Zee
Little mixed on this one. I almost never enjoy Simon Says as an lr to begin with, both as a blu or a red.
It also gives lazy wardens another cop-out answer of what to do, instead of an actually interesting minigame.
And then people with bad ping are often adversely affected. Blus being trigger happy is a constant of the late-night jb meta game, and I've seen people shot during SS for not following an orderly correctly after a mere 1000 microseconds. This is not to mention wardens with high ping doing Simon Says, which is nearly always a trainwreck of a round.
I don't *hate* Simon Says and don't want it restricted entirely, but I rather do just about anything else with a round and therein subjecting it to lr only helps my sanity just a touch.

I think its important to add that though the minigame is allowed under the context of LR, the minigame itself isnt a minigame that should be played for an entire round. People don't use their LR for simon says because who wants to play that minigame for a whole round. So many better LR options imo. I support bringing back simon says, it was fun when I played it, and the only issues i've seen were people not hearing the order, but also not asking for repeats. The minigame itself is typically a fun one when done right, though this can be said with just about anything. I think in its current state, the minigame is overshadowed by better LR options and honestly should just be allowed to be played whenever throughout a round instead for it for it to truly shine.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Zee and Hillbilly
anecdotally I never see people do simon says as an LR which makes me think either people are unaware it's a valid LR or do not think it's enjoyable enough to blow an LR on
People don't do it as LR not because it's boring but cuz theirs better/Flashier options for LR, When you have the choice between HG, Warday, Pokémon, Hide and Seek, Any FF LR, And all the other LR options (freeday's, Rapid Rocket, HHH, Etc.) Which all of these Dramatically change a round or Bend the rules, Having Simon Says as an option which while it does bend the rules a bit, Is generally just a normal Round, People don't choose cuz its boring, they don't choose it cuz their It fall in comparison to all other LR's, Which Might be do to the fact it was not meant to be LR only IMO (also like calassic said Simon Says wasn't generally played through out the entirety of the match when it wasn't restricted but now it becomes harder to do stuff quickly)
but most reds don't exactly care for simon says either due to some warden's mics cutting out or being low quality
People would Whine about it either way doesn't matter if it's Simon Says or not, Having a bad quality Mic is bad no matter the minigame
the entire gimmick of it is that you try to get reds to do orders without saying "simon says" so that you can kill them, I don't see how the trick order thing is hard to grasp.
I don't think people are arguing over if Simon Says are trick orders or not (cuz they are) it's more so about whether or not the minigame works as a whole since to quote Scootyman from the last thread to have SS Unrestricted

Simon says: trick orders
Disco: FRLR
Theater and Diner: favoritism
Pokemon day: delaying
Knife pit roulette: pointfarming, mfk

Not restricted Minigames that twist the rules a bit exist, so Simon Says being the only one that's banned always confused me (this is also a quote from the rules "You as Warden can't restrict players from using the chat or force players to type in the chat. (Jeopardy/Kitchen Minigame is the only exception")
Blus being trigger happy is a constant of the late-night jb meta game, and I've seen people shot during SS for not following an orderly correctly after a mere 1000 microseconds
That's called a freekill

I'm not gonna act like I think SS Is the ideal minigame or anything, cuz it's not perfect, but for me before it was made LR only, I thought it was played the right amount so I didn't think it was too overbearing or made me tilt, Its a minigame that I find fun to play and found fun to play

Lastly here's a Gif of K rool (please don't correct my grammar)
tumblr_mddxtabRi41rkey39o2_r2_400.gif

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Zee, koe and crubf
Simon Says is probably the most divisive thing on our Jailbreak server. It has pretty much almost an equal amount of supporters and detractors (case in point: the last suggestion to unrestrict Simon Says got an exactly equal amount of yes and no votes).

Even then, most supporters didn't outright love the minigame, nor did most detractors outright hate it. The only person I can remember that was incredibly passionate about his hatred towards Simon Says was human.

• Informative
Reactions: Hillbilly
I think reenabling it wouldnt hurt too much because it would usually be started by people who know how Simon says is played. For the rare amount its picked by an lr the warden most likely doesnt know how its played.
And I think the trick order rule should make an exception during Simon says. (Dimon says or smtn is still not allowed)

Remove the way its being started (we are going to play simon says / we are no longer playing simon says) should be fine

Reactions: vinny and Zee
437b206d26b8696ff8f352878dcb3a1f.png

I've extended the poll for another 3 days to see if we can get a tiebreak, if the poll still remains relatively deadlocked this will be declined.

• Funny
Reactions: Zee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread