Awaiting Feedback [JB] Tweak to the ghosting rule. (1 Viewer)

Should this rule have some changes to help with round delay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Black

Donator
-Allow ghosting of clear delayers (hiding in cells for multiple minutes) or if they literally havent tried to rebel whatsoever and just do some random minigame.
-Incase of last red / guard their position may be ghosted on the full minute mark. (In hindsight this might not be such a good idea because they would be walking in circles.)

However, I would still love different optinions/solutions to this "problem".

I'm going to be completely honest: as much I would like the idea of being able to ghost clear delayers, there are few unfortunately major problems that would make this hard to implement.

First, many people have different interpretations of what's considered "delaying"; some are lax about it and consider only going off into an area to hide and not do anything to be true delaying; others however are incredibly impatient and consider even just trailing off for a few seconds to do something "non-rebelling" enough to be considered delaying. Basically, we as a community do not have any sort of general consensus on what is enough to be considered delaying. My biggest concern is that the latter group in particular would use this change to ghost the immediate second they see a RED start "delaying", even if it's just trailing off for a few seconds. Adding on to this, there are many (MANY) situations where REDs (or BLUs) aren't actively TRYING to delay, they're just simply lost trying to find a guard to kill (or vice versa).

Second, even if we try to set a certain amount of time delaying where a RED can then be legally ghosted, this will be difficult to enforce, most especially when there is a large amount of REDs alive, most prominent when the warden dies prematurely and it becomes a freeday, particularly when it's last guard. There's no way to spectate all the REDs at once so if you are spectating one RED and choose to spectate another and see them hiding in a corner already, you aren't gonna know how long they were there for.

If we can somehow find a way to implement this while figuring out solutions to curb (or ease) my above points I'm all for it, but as it is now this would be too hard to enforce.

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately unless there's a clear definition of what counts as rebelling, as Denzel said there will be issues on a case to case basis. Either we clearly define in the rules what is rebelling and what isn't. Say "30 seconds or more of inactive rebelling" could work. But as it stands it's too vague for me to vote yes on.

Yeah, unfortunately unless there's a clear definition of what counts as rebelling, as Denzel said there will be issues on a case to case basis. Either we clearly define in the rules what is rebelling and what isn't. Say "30 seconds or more of inactive rebelling" could work. But as it stands it's too vague for me to vote yes on.
i can just say "it's been 30 seconds guys he's not rebelling!!" and who is gonna fact check me?

Reactions: crubf
i can just say "it's been 30 seconds guys he's not rebelling!!" and who is gonna fact check me?
I don't think it's perfect since it's hard to define inactive rebelling as well. I don't think there's no good solution that doesn't involve a players own definition of something.

I feel what warrants a "Clear delayer" could be generally agreed upon, however I prefer that decision be made via reports.
Intentional and annoying delayers tend to be easily reported with spectate, and then the decision can be turned to the admins.
What is legal vs illegal ghosting becomes much more blurred with this implementation. As Denzel said, what people define as delaying comes down to the individual's patience and familiarity with the rules.
Overall I'm a fan, but I think the current system of reporting delayers works fine, and leaves the impactful decisions in experienced hands.

I like the idea of being able to ghost out people who arent actively rebelling/delaying the round, no one wants to sit out for more than 5 minutes watching two random kids walk around a map they dont know anything about or have a red constantly be teleporting back to cells/hiding in a spot the blue just does not know they are in because they have no information.

However, I feel this could be easily abused and nitpicked to whatever a player deems as delaying and that player's patience. Some players will wait 2 minutes other will wait longer or shorter depending and that leads a lot of case by case situations where "Was the player REALLY delaying" starts becoming the main question and blurs the definition of delaying more and more.
As it currently stands I think this is too vague a vote and too vague a change to properly vote on personally.

Let me speak for the people piccolo!

Its always interesting to see the same concerns come up over and over but I strongly feel like this would make JB a lot better, I am willing 2 make the trade off for being like, 20 percent unfairly ghosted, 80 percent save 5 minutes of a round.

We will obviously focus on making this easier for the playerbase to understand, but ultimately we wont know how well it works until its implemented

Of course there are some cases where delaying is obvious: a red spy coffin taunting in a corner not doing anything. On the other hand, I don't think it should be left to the whole server's interpretation. Someone could just be extremely impatient and ghost them for "delaying", when they're walking around actively trying to do a secret to get a red victory. I can see this happening frequently on maps like volcano, where it's very large and so a lot of distance between secret objectives.

I'd be for the beacon thing except the LGKA "alert" still goes off if it's just the warden alive and someone dies

Users who are viewing this thread