Declined [JB Rule Tweak] Allow valid custom LRs from last round of a map to be done on the first regular round of the next map (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
It’s common knowledge among most JB players that LRs don’t carry over to the first round of the next map if they are given on the last round of the previous map; with custom LRs, the red text will sometimes carry over to the first round freeday of the next map but disappear after that. Either way, with custom LRs, because they don’t carry over to the first actual round, almost invariably wardens will ignore them like it didn’t even happen (because of this, most people warn LR receivers on the last round that their LR will be a waste), even if it’s an LR that is possible to do on the next map like Hunger Games or Hide and Seek.

My suggestion regards allowing wardens to do custom LRs from the last round of the previous map on the first regular round of the next map, if it is valid and can be done on the next map; that way, giving out LR on the last round won’t be a complete waste and actually give some reason to want LR on the last round. And to add to that, LR receivers who know which map is coming next can even make custom LRs specific to the next map.

As it isn’t mentioned, thus not prohibited nor forced by the current rules, I’ve included three choices on this matter.

• Dislike
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
I personally like the soft reset that a map change brings, as it helps break up lr chains and gives us a clean slate to work off of in the new map.

I also see this as a pain to enforce as now you will have to remind wardens of an lr that was chosen 1 map ago. For a person wanting to report someone for this you would have to record quite a lot now.

I mean, I did add the “Allow but don’t force” option.
This doesn't fix the issue, it will just lead to people whining about how their lr got denied, at least in our current system you know your lr is meaningless beforehand so people don't care as much.

If we are serious about getting rid of the "last round doesn't matter" problem we can implement same round lr's (lr's that activate in the same round they are chosen) or have a "last day warday" sorta thing, I don't believe allowing custom lr's to carry over would be the best solution.

Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
I mean, I did add the “Allow but don’t force” option.

That way if the warden does want to break a chain they can.
Just seems like a suggestion that will always never be forced if it were to become accepted. It'll lead to gaslighting and arguments very quickly. Map changes are essentially resets. Like I said, nobody is going to be trying to remember what the LR after a map change, and a 1st day freeday. What if new players join? Should we gaslight them into forcing an LR? It seems like an unneccessary suggestion that fixes such a minuscule problem. JB has so much more to suggest for.

Reactions: PistolPoppinSince02
I personally like the soft reset that a map change brings, as it helps break up lr chains and gives us a clean slate to work off of in the new map.

I also see this as a pain to enforce as now you will have to remind wardens of an lr that was chosen 1 map ago. For a person wanting to report someone for this you would have to record quite a lot now.

This doesn't fix the issue, it will just lead to people whining about how their lr got denied, at least in our current system you know your lr is meaningless beforehand so people don't care as much.

If we are serious about getting rid of the "last round doesn't matter" problem we can implement same round lr's (lr's that activate in the same round they are chosen) or have a "last day warday" sorta thing, I don't believe allowing custom lr's to carry over would be the best solution.

Last Day Warday is genuinely the best idea conceived in all of team fortress 2 jailbreak. Perfect middle ground for this suggestion.

Reactions: scootyman

TBH that’s a better idea IMO.

1693750046299.png

1693750061387.png

Since there's low support and the suggester retracted the suggestion, I will decline this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread