Completed [JB] Re-adding Crossroads and SpyvSpy - Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee

Donator
Re-Adding Crossroads and Spy V Spy
Hey y’all, This is gonna be a simple suggestion to re-add 2 maps we used to have in the rotation but were removed either due to troubles with the map and the rules we had or general discontent with the map.

I would like to try and bring these 2 in my opinion well-made and fun maps back on the rotation!

Let me help you jog your memory about these maps and tell you the positive first.

jb_crossroads_final

This one has got to be one of my favorite maps made, Not too open or cramped imo and plenty fun minigames (floodgame my beloved)

if my memory serves me correctly this one had an issue where the cell area could be opened before warden gave orders which caused many freedays and headaches, But I’ve been told that this can be fixed with a plugin easily (Thank you Semi)

beyond this issue the map is pretty B-C Tier easy.

1. Medium sized, not cramped nor too spacious​
  2. Good and plenty minigames​
  3. Admittedly a convoluted secret akin to snowday’s but good amount of ammo spots​
  4. Not really favored to either team(unless you count the celldoors oversight)​
IMG_0368.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

IMG_0372.jpeg

jb_spy_vs_spy

Not an easy choice to pick, but a very funny map all-around, sometimes it can be hard on wardens since its somewhat cramped but it has quite some positives.

1. Pretty straight-forward in its layout​
  2. Simple minigames that are fun​
  3. a healthy amount of secret spots​
IMG_0375.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0377.jpeg

Conclusion,

We already have alot of big convoluted maps that expand the gamemode beyond its scope, But honestly I think bringing back some of simpler but still innovative maps like Crossroads and small and packed maps like spy vs spy would be a good addition to the rotation once again.

Reactions: koe and Grambam36
Hello, resident map man here I'll leave my takes on both of these maps so people won't bother asking me later to rig the vote in their favor.

Crossroads

Map feels unfinished despite being finished. The map nails the Roblox theme however the layout feels more haphazard the further away you get away from the cells. None of the minigames are that impressive aside from flood escape, with most of them being your standard jb copy/paste minigames. I believe crossroads had more bugs aside from the cell door issue but I cannot remember them right now since its been so long, if someone can remind me of them I can go in and fix them via stripper. The secrets aren't interesting either iirc, just a couple of ammospots and an armory entrance that nobody knows about.

TLDR without its bugs its a filler map with a roblox skin, its closest comparison would be 8bit but more compact.

Spy Vs Spy

SVS feels more finished than crossroads but it's not a map without its flaws. First off I love the art style of the map, it strikes a good balance between the comics and being bearable to look at. The overall minigame quality varies hard between atrocious (climb, dodgeball) and surprisingly decent (surf, deathcrate, jumprope). The biggest drawback of this map is how much it reeks of counter-strike even moreso than the other cs remakes we have (carcerem, xmf). There are a lot of tight corners and cramped hallways in this map which make it very rebel friendly. The only other notable thing is the randomization that some elements of the map employ, the cell breakable will swap cells and the race/climb layouts will be different every round.

TLDR SVS is a map that rebellers will love but people looking to win lr will likely grow tired of quickly. It's closest comparison would be the underground section of carcerem.

If I had to pick between the two even though SVS is the objectively worse map I have more funny memories on that map due to its poor design.

Reactions: koe and Zee
Both maps kind of blow but Roblox is life and life is Roblox

• Funny
Reactions: Zee
I honestly enjoyed crossroads, spy vs spy not so much tbh but wouldnt mind it if it came back

Reactions: Mehgend
These maps were awful and constantly rtved

Especially crossroads.

I’m not against spy vs spy being readded now that that annoying oversight in dodgeball has been fixed.

Crossroads to me was a decently entertaining map to rebel on (obviously excluding opening the cells early tho).

I should add for that crossroads that even if by chance the plug-in to block the cell button from being opened by projectiles isn’t added, it shouldn’t be that much of an issue now that the “cells opening before orders” rule has been reworked (as in, it won’t ruin a round from the get-go).

I don’t want either map readded. Neither have enough brought to the table to justify adding them, although they may be nostalgic or look cool on paper, from my experience neither are a fun play more than one time per month, it’s kinda like playing complex, they just each have a cool charm. (like seriously I was waiting for the suggestion to roll in to remove complex).

I wouldn’t be opposed to not putting either of the 2 maps on the map pool for nominations but allowing admins to take people to the map once in a blue moon. Currently I don’t know a good way of implementing that idea in a manner that it is flawless though, I do remember we used to be able to access the older versions of hopjb and even Soviet as fulls but they were disabled at some point, leading me to believe that that is not within our realm of possibilities currently.

Although having more options are good, I believe that in the future we should refine our map pool a little more, and eventually weed out maps over adding old ones that will get removed later

TLDR Quality is King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread