Completed [JB] Optional Last-Day Warday (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxlijam

During the last round of JB, either at the last 5 to 0 minute mark. The current Warden can optionally declare a last-day Warday. Keep in mind that this will be optional dependant on the Wardens own choice.

During the last round of JB, either at the last 5 to 0 minute mark. The current Warden can optionally declare a last-day Warday. Keep in mind that this will be optional dependant on the Wardens own choice.
You have the option to get lr and do warday whenever you please. there is no need for this

I like this idea provided that there is no LR that the warden would be denying by doing this (including freedays.) I think the requirement needs to be like the last 1 or 2 minutes before map change since if warday ends very quickly there is the potential for there to be another round and possibly even a second “last day warday”

Personally I'm in favor, sorta.
We've had simular suggestions in the past and it seems like the consensus is that having warday being more prevalent isn't what the majority of the community wants.
At the end of the day I like the suggestion of last day warday being an option, so I see little harm in its implementation.

_Black has a point, but it's addition would be so innocuous to the point where the is no reason not to add it imo
-gok-ew

• Indifferent
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
In defence of this proposition, it's really low cost in adaptation. But I understand if some of the community is against it.

And for the LR overwriting, obviously a last-day Warday can't overwrite an LR as all valid LR's cannot be overwritten.

In essence I think it's a proposition that I think is something worthwhile to implement. While on-paper it's unimpactful and unecessary to some of you who have given your thoughts.

I want to say that the means to add this new rule is something that is equally low-cost. And I can personally vouch that in-practice it's something that can be moreso appreciated by the wider community if and once implemented.

A previous suggestion thread for this.

To summarize the major complaints.
  • Dislike for warday
  • Believed to be unnecessary
  • Concerns over enforcement
I don't believe that this idea would harm the server but I can understand that some people may prefer the last round to simply be a normal one.

like I said before, unnecessary change

Reactions: crubf
If this would happen to be implemented instead of warday, give warden the Option to do any lr only minigame. For example HNS or Simon says.
Only warday seems to throw some people off.

And this is purely up to the warden, he can do a normal round aswell so there is no problem on how its being enforced etc.

• Dislike
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
If this would happen to be implemented instead of warday, give warden the Option to do any lr only minigame. For example HNS or Simon says.

And this is purely up to the warden, he can do a normal round aswell so there is no problem on how its being enforced etc.
or just do a normal round.

What if the "Last day game" ends early and now we have two last days? Do we just do the minigame again? Do we punish the person for making the call and finishing the minigame early? I don't think this will be beneficial to add to the server since its already fine how it is. It's an unnecessary change to the JB gamemode that would just lead to arguments from the player base once it is implemented.

or just do a normal round.

What if the "Last day game" ends early and now we have two last days? Do we just do the minigame again? Do we punish the person for making the call and finishing the minigame early? I don't think this will be beneficial to add to the server since its already fine how it is. It's an unnecessary change to the JB gamemode that would just lead to arguments from the player base once it is implemented.
As I said, its super unlikely that this will get added, but in the case it will be, then I certainly dont wanna play warday all the time.

About when it should be considered last round:
Probably when there are 2 minutes left on the map I would say.

Votes are 50/50 rn, the possibility is there.
(I voted Na)

What if the "Last day game" ends early and now we have two last days
I feel like this a flawed argument when you really think of it and how long some LR rounds go
HNS often times runs the clock or is close to running the clock in a server with 20+ players and since its often more like 30+ I feel like unless the blues randomly fuck up its not gonna matter
SS is basically a normal round with Simon commands
HG will also generally last like 5-7 minutes at least
Pokémon takes 5 minutes just to get set up
Only LR that has a chance of naturally ending early is warday, but considering the last post had choices for when to play it, and the majority were for 1 and 2 minutes, I don't see even this ending early enough since blues let the cells open naturally after the 1 minute countdown, and even Warday can end up being a slog after guards hunt
obviously there's a chance that the reds rebel and ends it the round like that, but with LR rounds generally that doesn't happen since reds want to play LR rounds like HG
Do we just do the minigame again?
The next warden gets to decide that, they can either do a normal round or not, simple.
Do we punish the person for making the call and finishing the minigame early?
I don't know if this is a mistake on the rules part or not, but in the rules it states for HG "They cannot however stop Hunger games until LR has been given. This is a LR only round." I don't know if this goes for the other LR rounds similar to HG such as HNS or Pokémon since only HG has this in the rules, either way when do you actually see people stop LR games like HNS anyway, only round LR round you would stop is SS and that's basically a normal round anyway
It's an unnecessary change to the JB gamemode
Just cause its unnecessary doesn't mean it would be bad, the afk/afm change was basically an unnecessary change since we had basically adapted to having afk/afm being the same, But it was still a nice QoL change.

I think if this would to be implemented I would like to see it implemented so that you can only play an LR minigame if there is both not a valid LR currently and the server clock has two minutes left and I think allowing all LR minigames would be better

the afk/afm change was basically an unnecessary change since we had basically adapted to having afk/afm being the same, But it was still a nice QoL change.
You make my heart soar

• Funny
Reactions: _Black

This could also apply for BK Massacre in hopjb, so I'm really hoping this vote passes.

Though from what I've seen, this change would almost change nothing, since it depends on who is Warden at the current moment in the last few minutes, and someone could easily force to do a minigame that would only benefit the Warden (i.e. Strange farming), and someone could easily do Meatgrinder as well, since that's LR only (or 3 or less blues), but someone would manipulate that.

I voted Ya, simply because I want to see how far this change will go, but there are a lot of consequences to how this will affect the last few minutes of a round.

1709466116193.png

I've discussed this with the JB team and we've concluded to let this poll pass. I have edited the Warday section like so:
Warday may be initiated in one of two ways:
- Through Last Request.

- If there are 2 or less minutes remaining on the server map timer when the round starts, and there are no active last requests, Wardens have the option to initiate Warday. Wardens who wish to start Warday in this manner must do so as their first order.

Reactions: laxlijam and Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread