Declined [JB] New accounts should be automatically guard banned for a short period. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if this were implemented, 30 minutes sounds like too little to me. It wouldn't be that hard for soon-to-be MFKers to patiently wait out those 30 minutes (or longer if the 30 minutes have to be spent alive) and then get right on BLU and start MFKing. It would have to be a few hours at least to reduce the chance of them creating new accounts and rinse and repeating, as I highly doubt anyone would have the patience to repeatedly wait out a 3-ish hour guardban all day unless they have absolutely nothing going on in their lives.

• Agree
Reactions: Waxel
The only issue I can think that could arise is the issue of having no one able to play guard. If everyone on red team say has to wait for the 30 min guard ban for joining, then the scoreboard is gonna end up looking like this a lot.
627BDCFA-928E-4769-8AC2-B735F6B3D923.jpeg

Despite the fact that the idea hasn't been thoroughly considered, it doesn't seem that far-fetched. It will give alts some playing time. It won't affect anyone's experience, since the blue team should have experienced players.

We do not know whether having the blue team available to players who have spent playtime is helpful or terrible, so being negative about it isn't a smart idea.
Frequently, people have overridden the mic verification but failed to get a mic. The same thing can happen when a throwaway account joins to create chaos.
The truth is that if we make them spend more time playing before the MFK even begins, we are most likely making them waste more time than if they select the blue team right away.
This will only cause a slight hindrance in the game, but it will discourage people from trying to cause chaos with alts. As a result, it will not fix the underlying problem, but might make them sacrifice more time.

Since many of the popular jailbreaks for CSGO and Garry's Mod have blue team locked behind playtime and trust, it's neither a shitpost nor should you ignore it.

Despite the fact that the idea hasn't been thoroughly considered, it doesn't seem that far-fetched. It will give alts some playing time. It won't affect anyone's experience, since the blue team should have experienced players.

We do not know whether having the blue team available to players who have spent playtime is helpful or terrible, so being negative about it isn't a smart idea.
Frequently, people have overridden the mic verification but failed to get a mic. The same thing can happen when a throwaway account joins to create chaos.
The truth is that if we make them spend more time playing before the MFK even begins, we are most likely making them waste more time than if they select the blue team right away.
This will only cause a slight hindrance in the game, but it will discourage people from trying to cause chaos with alts. As a result, it will not fix the underlying problem, but might make them sacrifice more time.

Since many of the popular jailbreaks for CSGO and Garry's Mod have blue team locked behind playtime and trust, it's neither a shitpost nor should you ignore it.
How we are gonna waste time? Before they will mfk they will have to play entire map as red. I wonder even they will be really even that patient just to make chaos for 1 round.

How we are gonna waste time? Before they will mfk they will have to play entire map as red. I wonder even they will be really even that patient just to make chaos for 1 round.
If it's 30 minutes spent alive or longer, that's 3 full rounds of 10 minutes if that's ever the case. It may seem insignificant, but trust me, waiting to ruin is likely to discourage alting to a degree. By carefully thinking it out, you would understand that not everyone will wait before ruining. This is because it has nothing to do with being patient before the strike, but more about not thinking about it logically from your perspective.

If it's 30 minutes spent alive or longer, that's 3 full rounds of 10 minutes if that's ever the case. It may seem insignificant, but trust me, waiting to ruin is likely to discourage alting to a degree. By carefully thinking it out, you would understand that not everyone will wait before ruining. This is because it has nothing to do with being patient before the strike, but more about not thinking about it logically from your perspective.
30 minutes spent ALIVE

• Useful
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
I believe there is confusion between new players and new accounts. New players are main accounts that have played TF2 before panda. It can also include players that are new to tf2 but they've most likely got hours on other games before TF2. It's more about the accounts that are created 5-60 mins ago that join panda us jb immediately or less than a month old accounts with no history until present day of them joining.

So I'm not trying to start a fight with this, but this isn't going to happen as it'll need someone who can get access to what panda has and no one has that other than Kevin. Unless Kevin trusts someone who knows what they're doing, this won't happen. I know it's possible to make I'm not saying it's impossible, just let's be realistic with this rather than letting ideas run wild.

I don't want this to be a occurring theme where ideas of how to bring us jb to glory! come in with no one to actually do the job. I know most likely @Cream Tea will volunteer , but Kevin does not trust to Tea. Unless that changes, this suggestion is just an idea.

The only issue I can think that could arise is the issue of having no one able to play guard. If everyone on red team say has to wait for the 30 min guard ban for joining, then the scoreboard is gonna end up looking like this a lot. View attachment 24981
This may not show itself in the main part of the day but is very true during the early morning for us players. Such as 6 AM EST, when it is just eurozone timezones and aussies on.

There's no point adding this unless we have someone who knows what they're doing. So we're willing to add it to tasks if someone comes forward. Even if they don't have Kevin's trust. Just let's not make this a habit unless we are sure we have someone Kevin trusts enough to input their work, such as the contributors ubermedic or semicolon backslash.
But this most likely will never happen and this suggestion will be lost in time.

I suggested this a while ago and it was a nearly unanimous no. I'm not very active on jb anymore but I still think this would be helpful to the community,

• Happy
Reactions: Bananawastaken
Well unfortunately if we don't have the resources to make this happen it cannot happen. We've given plenty of time for someone to come forward and nothing happened so this suggestion is declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread