Completed [JB] Miami Rules (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotCalassic

Donator
Hello!
I'm sure you guys have all been having fun on Miami! With a complex map, it's gonna need some specific map rules to ensure balance throughout the rounds!

I suggest that the following map rules should be added.

KOS the following areas:
Jewelry Store
Mafia Location
Gun Store
Gun shop area in Mall

If there is any more suggestions, dont be shy to throw them out there and if you don't agree with this suggested ruleset, I'd like to know you're reasoning for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: scootyman
I can see some of these being a good addition but stealing/breaking the breakables that give money being KOS would be a negative change, its an unnecessary change really since you can negate it by already giving orders to the reds, either afk freezing or rushing behind the warden(they'd be delaying), this would be honestly similar to the now defunct rule of destroying Engie's Dispenser making KOS.

Besides you're limiting alot of the things people can do on freeday to a really bad experience imo

I can see some of these being a good addition but stealing/breaking the breakables that give money being KOS would be a negative change, its an unnecessary change really since you can negate it by already giving orders to the reds, either afk freezing or rushing behind the warden(they'd be delaying), this would be honestly similar to the now defunct rule of destroying Engie's Dispenser making KOS.

Besides you're limiting alot of the things people can do on freeday to a really bad experience imo
In all reality, the areas at least should already be KOS, its places where you get ammo. Jewelry store cant even be accessed without going to a KOS area to begin with either. Though I do see how breaking/stealing could negate reds, though the map already heavily encourages rebelling throughout. These would effectively be useful on freeday rounds.

Reactions: Zee
I dont agree with the stealing/breakables to get money being KOS, but other than that I think its fine.

Reactions: crubf
Could you go into further detail why it should become kos?
The whole map plays as cops and robbers. If you're caught doing illegal things, you become KOS. The map already has so many money locations that don't require you to break/steal to get money. Also, if it were to not become KOS, on any freeday, someone can just break 3-4 breakables and already get themselves a sentry car. It shouldn't be that easy to get a unlock that is supposed to be difficult to get with it's high price.

I have to talk to Unicake regarding his intentions with the map if he had planned for this to be KOS but that's how I look at it.

IMO you should split the poll so you could vote on the areas being KOS as well as vote on stealing being auto-KOS because im fine with the former but not the latter.

The "kos breakables" part has been removed from the suggestion at the request of calassic.

Please updates your votes accordingly.

Gang, Gun store should be definitely kos areas, but stealing from atms etc should be defined by the warden in the round

Reactions: Zee
When a map needs map-specific rules you know it's too complicated

I'd say making the following KOS like the Jewellery Store, Mafia Location and the Gun Store would be a good idea.
Miami is a great and fun map. but its currently overrun by rebelling options. Its basically turned game-mode of
JB into Cops and Robbers. Which isn't wrong but you have to adjust some kos zones to it
I don't think we should make the Gun shop area in Mall Kos, as this is a very broad definition. and also reds can collect money on the 1st floor there. (I can already see blue's killing reds for collecting money up there because "its the gun shop area")

however, if we would make these places kos, I would suggest applying the same "No Camping" rules for blues to those zones as well.

Now, im no map expert, but from a casual jb player, But I personally think, that making places like the mafia location, gun store, and jewelry store being kos. Similar to Fairy’s take, Miami, is a place where rebellers (and even freedays) can thrive. Through the locations, gun store, the mafia place, and jewelry store, they can get guns, armor, tons of money, and the sentry car. Honestly, if someone gets freeday from lr, it is basically guaranteed that they get ammo or a gun, and if you hey a gun, it doesnt even remove your freeday status/say it in chat. Freedays are basically bound to rebell, and by making these locations kos, it limits them. The gun area in mall however, is fine. Pretty much no one even goes up there, and its pretty unnecessary to make that area kos specifically. Just like armory and what Fairy said, no camping rule would also be great.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Fairy and Cowboy
I'd say 80-90% of freedays will take advantage of their non-warden guard invulnerability to get as much money as possible to buy the sentry car.

I do agree that the area where you can buy the ammo and sentry car should be a KOS area, on freedays particularly (on normal rounds there's no real reason a warden would lead the REDs into that area and any RED who goes into that area is probably straying from the group).

1688469622097.png

Since there does seem to be near unanimous agreement among the posts here that the gun stores/mafia location should be kos, I'll specify that in the rules.

Accepted, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread