Completed [JB] make TF2Jail gender-neutral (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hehe troll

Donator
so.
it's 2024, gamer / trans girls are getting more common in games.
im sure you all have seen the inconsistency in pronouns of certain TF2Jail messages.
my proposal is to replace every instance of his/her with they.
this is not a major thing but i can imagine it does bother some people.
i remember one instance of a TF2Jail message only containing him also, but i dont remember what that was exactly.

just one example:
neutral-1.png

im sure you all have seen the inconsistency in pronouns of certain TF2Jail messages.
I mean I haven’t noticed it, but I don’t mind changing it lol. Doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things and changing it does no harm while making a bunch of people more comfortable

Reactions: hehe troll
I don't see why it goes for his/her. Their is commonplace and is gender neutral anyways so is a nice placeholder for those with neopronouns or non-binary folks. It's an easy fix and there's no reason not to change it.

people actually care about his/her pronouns in a 17 year old game?
well it's 2024, the modern age with more of acceptance of the wonderful lgbtq+ community, so-- like, i guess?

"Their" is an overall inclusive term that I wouldn't think anyone would complain about.
Like stated, it's 2024, and I like the idea of moving in a more inclusive direction, even in small ways.

Here's the updated lr config that replaces the his/her in the customlr message with they.

Attachments

• womp.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Useful
Reactions: crubf and Zee
Could get rid of pronouns all together and avoid issues we might encounter when our society shifts their opinion to "they" not being inclusive enough by changing it to "has chosen to type the LR in chat"

I'd say to remove the pronouns entirely as Stabbin suggested, adding in any other pronouns than the ones that we have now will probably cause some people to get riled up.

update for whoever is following this thread: the poll resulted in yes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread