Declined [JB] Make Freeday Abuse Bannable if Warden is Locked (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Meatloaf

Freeday abuse occurs when freedays do something that should be KOS (Blocking, using secrets, holding armory door open) however they're unable to be killed because the warden is dead, and they have immunity so guards cannot kill them. In its current state, most instances of free day abuse are already against the rules like blocking guards and doing map secrets which automatically make freedays basically invincible rebellers. However it's only enforced by slaying the free day or removing their freeday if an admin is online, and people who abuse freedays are not banned for their behavior. Of course, the best solution to this problem would just be to make it so that guards can kill freedays once warden locks, or make freedays who do this behavior lose their freedays however from the last post's discussion it seems that this isn't possible.

This was suggested about 6 months ago here:
At the time I didn't see any reason for the suggestion, I even voted no on it, but a recent incident has shown me how bad freeday abuse can be, and I think it's time we re-visit this suggestion.

This clown decided to block me in the cell area for several minutes (even though I've only got a minute of footage) after the warden was dead. This is a clear example of the type of freeday abuse which shouldn't be allowed.

(During this entire clip the warden is dead. See the death indicator at the top to verify that this clip happened after the last one)

You'll have to take my word for it that this happened for several minutes afterward even though I didn't record the whole thing.

Although the warden is alive during this clip, if the warden was dead and couldn't kill the free day it shows exactly how much power free days can have when they abuse their immunity. And it shows that this blocking issues can happen in different areas on different maps. (It basically works in any room with one door)

Another common example of freeday abuse (although I have no video of this happening most of us know it happens regularly) is freedays using their immunity to activate secrets like Putin and volcano when warden is dead and guards cannot stop them.

I want to suggest a new rule that would punish only the worst offenders of free day abuse and only when the warden is dead: If the warden is locked, Freedays cannot abuse their immunity to rebel in a way that doesn't remove their immunity (blocking, map secrets, holding armory open.) If a free day is rebelling in such a way and guards are trying to kill them, they must actively make an effort to rebel in a way that removes their immunity (such as fighting guards or getting ammo.)

Essentially this is just going to make it so that free days have to fight guards if those guards are trying to stop them from rebelling or blocking. Otherwise, they might be punished with a temporary ban if no admin is online. If a free day is simply doing a map secret and no guard is trying to stop them, then they are not abusing their immunity so they have no obligation to find ammo or fight guards. I see this as a good way to punish only extreme examples of freeday abuse and solve an inconsistency that exists in our rules.
1. Freedays can't block doorways, paths and buttons. The Warden or Guards can warn freedays who you block the way. <-Wtf is warning a rebeller with immunity going to do?
Not moving away will give the Guards the right to kill Freedays. <- Umm how exactly?
2. Doing parts of an easteregg that involve red team winning or ending the round will make you a Rebeller. This includes going into secret areas, hitting switches/buttons, or picking up parts.
I think most of us have seen this happen before and can acknowledge that this is an issue, but even if you haven't, consider the clips I've attached and consider that this is a minor rule change that will only affect the worst offenders of freeday abuse to keep it on par with other rules reds must follow like delaying (where only the worst offenders are punished.)

Reactions: Bananawastaken
Banning them is way too harsh, a slay or removing freeday when an admin is on is much more preferable, i remember asking Semi about implementing something to remove it once warden is dead and it seems possible and easy.

Reactions: ThatFatPanda
A kick or maybe a ban after multiple warnings would suffice. Freeday abuse and trapping blus is funny, except when they only use it to delay (like if they're the last red or they're trapping the last blu)

Banning them is way too harsh, a slay or removing freeday when an admin is on is much more preferable, i remember asking Semi about implementing something to remove it once warden is dead and it seems possible and easy.
I have to agree with Zee like they can just remove the freeday once the warden. It’s that simple.

The only problem I see with removing freeday status is the trail that is left behind once you lose your free day. Some blus may see that and assume they’re rebelling. Which would possibly lead to a free kill. But overall I would agree with the given statement.

Removing freeday once warden dies is definitely preferable as I said in my post. Can we make this happen? I’ll make another suggestion if so because that’s obviously the better solution to this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread