Declined [JB] Let's talk about Bootcamp (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Bootcamp is a very divisive map that either people like or don't like, but I wanna see how many people want it to stay vs. wanting it to be removed.

The main problems that either I have found or people have pointed out are the following:
- It takes quite a bit of time to get from certain minigames.
- Minigames aren't labeled (to me, this isn't nearly as big as a problem on the Snowday remake, but it particularly affects the minigames inside the big hall as it
means BLUs have to go inside the minigame to check).
- D-day, despite being a unique minigame, is very difficult for REDs to fully complete (the minigame requires you to push a tank through a barrage of sentries).
- Bit too easy of a map to rebel on.

Some positives however:
- The Climb and Obby are okay.
- The Ghost maze minigame is cool despite taking a while to complete in many cases.

Vote away.

I dont see the point in removing Bootcamp. its not a horrible map and i've had lots of fun playing on it
(also funny tank driving :pepega:)

the only moment i see bootcamp disappear if we find a great new map to replace it with. otherwise we are just nitpicking maps now. (if people feel like playing bootcamp, they will nominate/vote for it, otherwise they will play another map)

positives
-great for rebelling
-easy minigames
-simple
-good map ending secret
-easy for blus to find minigames
-good minigame spread
-mostly functional minigames

negitives
-wide
-blacktrigger or any other sniper main

I personally think its a good map for inexperienced wardens.
Wide enough to not be rushed for 8 rounds in a row which might throw them off from being warden. Also it has a decent share of minigames, some of which are unfortunately underplayed imo.
And ofc then there is the pacifist deathcrate.
Whilst this map certainly has some flaws, I dont think its enough for the map to be removed.

Just wanna say thanks to all who voted cause it lets me know that this map is actually liked by many.

• Friendly
Reactions: _Black and Fairy
The way I have seen no one ever say anything that positive about this map yet its being voted to be kept in the pool is crazy

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
I mean if the map creator wants the map removed, who am I to stop him

• Agree
Reactions: Mehgend
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread