On Hold [JB] Instacity update thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

screechy

1713414983132.png

HOLD ON DO NOT REMOVE IT!!! I want to apologize for the state of v1afix4, I'm a full time college student and I released this map right before the fall semester. Of course there was a few fixes afterwards, but I never got the chance to actually play the map on a full server until like 2 weeks ago. Detailed below is a list of important changes:

• HUGE OPTIMIZATION IMPROVEMENTS, SHIT WONT LOAD BEHIND WALLS THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO ANYMORE!!!
  • THE MAP IS >20% SMALLER THAN IT USED TO BE
  • Replaced Street Race with both Gun Test (vs. Sentry) and Sweeper; removed AWP Dodge
  • Added Knife Pit
  • Raised the minimum winners in Maze Game from 1 to 3 so it's not a meat grinder
  • Nerfed the shit out of Wall Game and made the kill wall timing and the movements a lot more generous and less precarious
  • Nerfed Flood Escape pretty heavily and added lots of helpful signing to show new players the way. Also made the poison gas in the 2nd room bright red and also do damage over time instead of instakill. Also delayed the 2nd flood by 10 seconds and the 3rd by 15 seconds.
  • Added two new ways to get into armory:
    • Solid yet risky in terms of movement: A single button in the guard post outside by pool opens the ladder under armory.
    • A game of chance: Break the wall by the cells to follow a vent up to a panel with 3 wires. The player has a 1/3 chance of instantly breaking into armory with a 60 second delay on a global warning announcement, and a 2/3 chance of getting nothing and being immediately outed to the guards.
  • Changed the Publix freezer secret to open a separate room (what used to be AWP Dodge)
  • Like a billion bugfixes that you can read all about on the GameBanana page: https://gamebanana.com/mods/463541
I hope you guys enjoy, I really don't want to update this map anymore but it's kind of my baby and something I won't give up on easily.

Maybe make it so the Maze Game music is NOT hearable in every section of the map, only for people inside the maze.
Also some buttons for blues experience delay and so we get failrounds (like in fall game).

Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Maybe make it so the Maze Game music is NOT hearable in every section of the map, only for people inside the maze.
Also some buttons for blues experience delay and so we get failrounds (like in fall game).
i have no idea what this is talking about ive never experienced this before even in my own testing

• Dumb
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Gonna add a poll since there isn't one.

With the new major updates to this map hopefully this map will be playable.

I'm going to hold off on voting until I can get an acutal playtest of the new version of the map, previous version of the map was very flawed and I want to see if it has improved enough to remain if updated to this newest version.

Reactions: crubf
Scratch the poll for now, I will not be adding a poll until we properly playtest this map to see if it addresses the problems of the previous version.

I also want to honor the previous suggestion to remove this map and wait until that map is removed to re-suggest this map again. However, I will keep this thread open for feedback.

Last edited:
crazy how one jb community managed to make a bad map into a good map (atleast i hope so, i didnt play it yet)

Last time you said your map was fixed it clearly didn’t pan out, so we are going to playtest the map this sunday 5:30pm GMT
After the playtest I’ll unlock this thread and provide a poll

Playtest was done a few days ago, we are going to have another one later this week, fate of this thread will be decided then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread