Pending [JB] Hey so about that new map instacity... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotCalassic

Donator
Yep, the map just got added; to be frank, its awful. I spent one map rotation on this map, and LR was rarely given. This wasn't because of bad blues, but because the minigames are awful. Fall game doesn't want to stop properly, flood escape is nearly impossible killing all reds in the first room in 10 seconds, there's an invisible "soft-lock" room on the right part of the map where if you fall in you're just stuck. The map also has some SCP screeching sound effect that plays on a loop from maze, that can be heard across the map until the minigame is over.

The map looks cool but plays awfully, not a single soul had fun while we were on.

It needs more time in the oven. The map is also fairly large and once a sniper gets ammo it just becomes a sniper's paradise.

I suggest we put this map back in the oven and bring it out once it's ready!

• Sad
Reactions: salguod
Loads of potential for fun and the map maker is super passionate about the map, and I personally REALLY enjoy some minigames even while spectating

Buuuuuuut....
It needs more fixes and tweaking. I would love to have a finished product added down the line.

Flood escape nerf, audio bug fixes, etc.

at this point we're going to end up with less maps than we originally had before the update 💀

• Agree
Reactions: koe and hehe troll
Bad map, theres no secret entrance to armoury (atleast nobody has found any yet), flood escape is dogwater, obby is buggy often and more what calassic mentioned.

Hope this gets removed faster than it was added.

last night talking with the map creator he said that he knows the map is poorly optimized and he said he busy but will get to them but in my opinion it’s has a lot of faults

We aint cooking with this one! 🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯🗣️🗣️🗣️

they replaced our beloved albany or serville with this

• Dumb
Reactions: Xergon
i organized some playtests with this map iirc with semi and racer, feedback was usually negative but the suggestion was already ready to be accepted by then, I agree that the map needs quite some work on it before it can be used on panda.

Bummer really it has some nice unique minigames

• Agree
Reactions: Mehgend
When I checked this map out a while ago, some of the problems I personally observed were:
- The buttons being too small and hard to see (they’re the same type of buttons on Downview, if anyone even remembers that map)
- The glass windows being too transparent and looking too much like open doorways.
- The gates taking a while to open.

Should also add, we tried Wall Game and I don’t know what you’re supposed to do in that one. The REDs are put in karts and appear to have to race through some sort of obstacle course, but the SCP monster from the maze game appears in that one too and chases them down really fast (the minigame also can't be stopped it appears). This is what happened when we tried to play the minigame today, twice:

I loved how I played instacity one map rotation and in the first 8 minutes, we had 2 fail rounds due to fall game not stopping. Also first day freeday doesn't open cells (Has to be opened manually).

Yet another problem, for me and many other people our framerate drops quite a bit when on this map.

bandicam 2024-04-05 01-19-01-776.jpg

It has been a week since the suggestion to remove this map was made and it appears we have a majority yes.

Instacity will be added to the list of maps to be removed. Thanks to everyone who participated and gave feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread