Completed [JB] Cell Doors Rule Change (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Meatloaf

It’s been a few weeks since this suggestion has been implemented and it’s starting to get annoying. I’ve seen a few players take advantage of this in a really un-fun way. Mainly wardens have been opening cells without giving orders and then killing anybody who leaves, sometimes closing the doors and massacring numerous reds who left their cells. That isn’t fun, thats basically tricking reds and it shouldn’t be allowed.

Thankfully there’s actually a pretty easy solution that stops wardens from doing this, but keeps the original purpose of this rule in-tact. Basically by combining the old rule (where wardens had to give orders before doors open) with this current rule (where reds can’t leave cells before 9)

Current rule:
You as Warden must give orders before 09:00, reds must remain in cells until specified time if no orders are given

Proposed rule:
You as Warden must give orders before opening the cell doors, opening the cell doors before any orders will be punished. Reds must remain in cells until 9:00 if no orders are given.

Basically with this proposed rule wardens once again are required to give an order before they open cells, and they’ll be punished for not doing so but it won’t become a freeday. If cell doors open early for whatever reason reds are still required to stay in their cells until 9 and the button griefers will be punished for opening cells early. The round will become a freeday at 9:00 if no orders are given.

I think this is a good compromise between preventing button griefing from causing freedays and preventing warden from tricking reds. Let me know what you all think.

The Problem here is the whole mindset of it being a freeday after cells open with no orders is already burnt in their minds....

This is however a good way to prevent wardens from abusing this rulechange.

Maybe admins have to occasionally write it in admin Chat that they have to wait.

Most of the playerbase doesnt read forums or the rules so its hard for them to aknowledge that rulechange.

Reactions: Dr. Meatloaf
I'm not against using this variation instead. It's similar to how baiting isn't allowed and punishable, but REDs still can't hit baiters lest they be KOS. It would be a similar principle here: opening cells before giving orders isn't allowed and punishable but REDs who exit cells if this happens are still KOS.

That sounds good, I have noticed what you are complaining about a lot. However, even now people are still adjusting to this rule change, so stuff like this is sort of inevitable for the time being. REDs should absolutely be KOS though if they leave or else they can take advantage of the situation too. I think the wording for this is better though than the wording we currently have so I'm for it.

All these rulechanges are becoming too common.
This is just another rule that is going to cause issues for admins and everyone who's going to complain to everyone.

In my opinion, freeday when cells open without orders was fine. Most servers use or used that rule. Constantly changing those rules does nothing but cause more issues for new players and admins, aswell as annoy every regular that complain for the littlest thing.

Enforcing this rule is just going to be a mess.

I disagree with this change.

77221f6059bbc35d2fda94720af2d2b9.png

Rule will be updated.

Accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread