Declined [JB] Capping Blue numbers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way. Rebelling isnt that difficult. You can just run at them no brain required whatsoever.

• Winner
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
So asking Skull about this resulted in the cap idea sort of being out of the window as it would mean he needs access to the plugin which although he is now involved in some development for panda jailbreak it's not to that level.

The next best thing is the ratio convar
sm_tf2jail_balance_ratio - 0.5 - Ratio for autobalance: (Example: 0.5 = 2:4)

Default is 1:2 (2:4 - 0.5) which might be what panda is set to, but I've had different answers regarding to what the ratio is actually set to.
Would like a confirmation of what the ratio is even set at o_O Banana's screenshot 9:22 makes it 0.4091 which may confirm it's set to 0.5 (1:2) since it's greater than 0.4

So 1:3 is 0.333
1:4 is 0.25

As @Racer911-1 pointed out in a particular discord we could try different ratios, perhaps something in-between 1:2 - 1:3 ? 0.4 is between them 2 : 5

If anybody would like to understand how this works, here is a link to help with converting ratio's to decimals and visa versa
https://www.inchcalculator.com/ratio-to-decimal-calculator/

For now I believe we are just taking in feedback and waiting for a possible conversation between banana and semicolon backslash, but I have a feeling that is going to have the same result.
Would probably be better this suggestion is scrapped and made new with a ratio suggestion once it's confirmed capping is not feasible.

Reactions: Bananawastaken
So asking Skull about this resulted in the cap idea sort of being out of the window as it would mean he needs access to the plugin which although he is now involved in some development for panda jailbreak it's not to that level.

The next best thing is the ratio convar
sm_tf2jail_balance_ratio - 0.5 - Ratio for autobalance: (Example: 0.5 = 2:4)

Default is 1:2 (2:4 - 0.5) which might be what panda is set to, but I've had different answers regarding to what the ratio is actually set to.
Would like a confirmation of what the ratio is even set at o_O Banana's screenshot 9:22 makes it 0.4091 which may confirm it's set to 0.5 (1:2) since it's greater than 0.4

So 1:3 is 0.333
1:4 is 0.25

As @Racer911-1 pointed out in a particular discord we could try different ratios, perhaps something in-between 1:2 - 1:3 ? 0.4 is between them 2 : 5

If anybody would like to understand how this works, here is a link to help with converting ratio's to decimals and visa versa
https://www.inchcalculator.com/ratio-to-decimal-calculator/

For now I believe we are just taking in feedback and waiting for a possible conversation between banana and semicolon backslash, but I have a feeling that is going to have the same result.
Would probably be better this suggestion is scrapped and made new with a ratio suggestion once it's confirmed capping is not feasible.
Lock in!

but I have a feeling that is going to have the same result.
You would feel correctly.

Perhaps future jailbreak maps could also be more dynamic with their rebelspots and have more options open up the more guards there are. Obviously old maps will still be fairly static but it is something to think about.

Honestly seeing how the vote is now, nobody wants it capped at 6. Would like to see a new suggestion, with if people would even want a cap to begin with. Given 3 options this means the vote is split into 3. A new suggestion simply asking do you guys want a cap or not would be better in my opinion.

Currently speaking, I don't think I've ever encountered a truly bottle-necked red team even when the blue team is at its cap, Even with crits alot of reds nowadays aim for the warden for that exact reason, Without the warden the blue team is effectively a group of headless chicken.

Overall this suggestion feels hollow, it's a non-issue. there is no evidence to suggest that having 10 blues makes it impossible to rebel, as a person who plays mostly on red, It's significantly easy to just taunt kill the warden for instance and just watch the blues get plucked one by one.

I pretty much agree that this current voting scheme is pretty misleading, It doesn't need to be 3 options.

Lastly I've said this in the discord server and ill repeat it here again, is 2 extra blues that big of a deal to change the ratio to 1:3? I don't really think so personally, Blues are notoriously incompetent 95% of the time.

I genuinely always thought the ratio was 1:2 or more reds.

Anyways i want to put in my opinion. I don't think it needs to be changed, it's a good number for blues to keep reds steady, but you can easily topple them by killing the warden by surprise. There's also the possibility of each blue being a separate class, and honestly I like the idea of that.

9 blues who know what they're doing can be tricky to rebel with, but if there's a good ratio that don't know what they're doing, rebelling is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread