Declined [JB] Blus and Secrets. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKrookodile

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
Hello everybody, My name is Sir Krookodile. I have recently became aware of a lack of a rule that I always believed existed. That is that there is no mention of Blus being forbidden from doing red secrets, which would include doing an escape secret to throw the round, disabling a red secret so reds are unable to attempt it. Etc etc. I feel this should be pretty open shut. It puts rebelling reds at a major disadvantage, making it far more difficult for them to succeed at rebelling.
In short, I prepose this should be added to the rules: "Blus may not Activate red secrets."
It's short and sweet and is overall a simple yet good addition to the ruleset imo.

wait this aint a rule alr?
apparently not, felt like this was just a simple suggestion to fix a rule that we've mandela effected us into thinking existed because it just makes so much sense.

• Dumb
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Technically blue’s are required te be an active guard, which can be in the form of guarding the warden or hunting reds

Blues doing secrets already makes them inactive guards. I would be okay with adding this to the rules but we do have to pay attention to the amount of new text we keep adding every few suggestions cuz the rules keep getting more complicated

I’d suggest adding a part about red secrets to the active blue rule bit and not make an entire new addition/“rule”

Reactions: SirKrookodile
Technically blue’s are required te be an active guard, which can be in the form of guarding the warden or hunting reds

Blues doing secrets already makes them inactive guards. I would be okay with adding this to the rules but we do have to pay attention to the amount of new text we keep adding every few suggestions cuz the rules keep getting more complicated

I’d suggest adding a part about red secrets to the active blue rule bit and not make an entire new addition/“rule”
I'm 100% fine with this, a direct mention in the rules about it is pretty much I'm asking for.

What if blus need to activate a secret to hunt for rebellers or any situation like that?
rare case scenario. 90% of the time, if you're hunting for a rebeller in a secret it's gonna be something like going into a vent. which the red would've needed to break the breakable to get into. and with cases like the knife pit vent in hopjb just wait for them to exit the vent via armory. Because if they aren't gonna leave they're just delaying.

Most of the time, seeking out the limited-use red secrets to use them would already be considered being inactive. I'm concerned though if this applies to vents, as blus need to be able to break them on many maps to get to reds that escaped from cells (like on albany)

rare case scenario. 90% of the time, if you're hunting for a rebeller in a secret it's gonna be something like going into a vent. which the red would've needed to break the breakable to get into. and with cases like the knife pit vent in hopjb just wait for them to exit the vent via armory. Because if they aren't gonna leave they're just delaying.
To make this more clear the rule/active guard addition should state that a blue may only be in a secret if its with the intention of hunting a rebeller or moving back to the warden

To make this more clear the rule/active guard addition should state that a blue may only be in a secret if its with the intention of hunting a rebeller or moving back to the warden
Precisely. But again, that is already implied in the "be an active gaurd" rule

• Agree
Reactions: Fairy
i vote yes, ive seen lots of people (mostly inactive guards + people who don't take the game seriously and say "hey red let me help you with this secret") who i couldnt do anything about cuz it wasnt an official rule yet.

Yeah, main reason I stated this was about Wise goat's post earlier stating how blus were intentionally disabling secrets (namely oranger secret) before cells opened and since it's not explicitly mentioned in the rules to prevent further instances of stuff like that

Reactions: hehe troll
If we do something like that then I'm on board with this suggestion.

BLUs shouldn't be doing these type of secrets anyways as it counts as being an inactive guard.

UPDATE: Would BLUs taking ammo from secrets qualify for this?

If we do something like that then I'm on board with this suggestion.

BLUs shouldn't be doing these type of secrets anyways as it counts as being an inactive guard.

UPDATE: Would BLUs taking ammo from secrets qualify for this?
I wouldn't see much issue with blus taking ammo from secrets if said secret has already been activated. Intentionally doing an ammo secret I would say no to though.

I feel like once warden dies, its fair game, enabling both guards as reds to for example get the Freekill Lord Secret.

I wouldn't see much issue with blus taking ammo from secrets if said secret has already been activated. Intentionally doing an ammo secret I would say no to though.
Would a simple breakable like, the cactus in 8bit already count towards this? Because its a quick ammo grab

Would a simple breakable like, the cactus in 8bit already count towards this? Because its a quick ammo grab
Eh, would rather not have map by map exceptions, would cause more confusion. As long as it haven't been already broken I'd say no.

• Indifferent
Reactions: _Black
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread