Declined [JB] add the !fire warden command (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ratio would you think would be good to first be efficient and second to not be abused.

I could see maybe 60 or 70% working. It would have to be enough to limit the percentage of REDs who will potentially abuse it for trivial reasons (such as doing an unpopular but valid minigame or having an annoying voice but being otherwise competent).

• Disagree
Reactions: Mark!
I could see maybe 60 or 70% working. It would have to be enough to limit the percentage of REDs who will potentially abuse it for trivial reasons (such as doing an unpopular but valid minigame or having an annoying voice but being otherwise competent).
Thats not going to happen, so dont worry about it :) Maybe if it is added people will use it quite a bit at the start, but like virtually no one is getting fired for being 12 or for doing an unpopular minigame in servers that allow this feature

Without getting into the meat of specific hypothetical scenarios, if there is power granted to reds that requires a majority vote it will get spammed in voice/text chat - you can see this right now through how some players handle trying to get people to RTV unpopular maps. I used to play on servers with !fire enabled and it would get used to bully fresh wardens, younger-sounding players, wardens who didn't play popular minigames, etc incredibly often and only once-in-a-while was used properly to fire a warden that was AFK.

Regarding the OP, from my experience fire votes did not stop MFKers. You generally aim to have a good chunk of the server have to toss in a !fire (about 75% i think was the number the server I played on used) to prevent fire abuse. I can guarantee you if an MFKer wanted to take warden for malicious purposes you would not be able to rally 75% of a server to insta-fire him before they start having their way - that's when you notify an admin to step in if one is not already on the server with !call and gather evidence using some form of recording software or tf2 demos to file a report. You also state that it can be used against "annoying" wardens - this goes back to what I mean when I say the command will be used as a tool to bully wardens. One of your poll options suggests limiting it to guards - I'm a little interested in seeing public opinion on it but also concerned about how it will be used in practice, given guards typically have a smaller number of players on it.

Having a !fire command would also be a bad idea on a server where you can only force-warden twice per map where that map has to be played for 40(+) minutes - you'd also have to gauge popularity on alternatives to limiting people warden-hogging, such as what I think wonderland does where forcing warden places a cooldown on you before you can warden again.

It's insanely rare to meet a team of guards that has more than one or two mfkers on it, so the ability for guards to be able to fire someone if that person is a certified mfker would be the best idea.
The reason why it should not be reds, is that it would just in general become a toxic thing. Like, most people who play red are chill, but then again, there are also the half of reds who are just a hive mind who do whatever a random vaguely popular player says-

…such as what I think wonderland does where forcing warden places a cooldown on you before you can warden again.
Slightly off-topic for the general suggestion, but related to this quote here, the JB server I was an admin for had a unique style of wardening where everyone voted who they wanted to be warden, and the BLU with the most votes became warden (you would type !w to enter the vote so you weren’t forced to be in it as soon you joined BLU, and of course had to do a mic-check first).

It probably wouldn’t work for this server though, as the trolling potential (such as voting for an incompetent warden to ruin the warden), or mass voting one warden and one warden only, would be too high.

so thats like 95% of the jb playerrs

I guess someone can rewarden and kill them with ff???? Makes no sense to me
on that topic, i never liked the idea of people wardening just to kill an mfk with ff, just gives reds way to kill eachother or blues to openly teamkill anyone lol

1667043081428.png

Poll is in favor of not adding the command

Declined

Reactions: hehe troll
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread