Completed [JB] Add jb_underjail_b2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Hello Everyone.

Its about that time

I come forward to you in order to request that jb_underjail_b2 be added to the map rotation. The problems mentioned in previous posts were not apparent when the server was on this map and the players seem to enjoy this map a great deal.

I believe it's time that Underjail finally comes home and has a permanent stay in our map rotation (until the remake eventually comes out)

I've added an additional option to add the map but to remove gaster, as that may have been the main cause of problems in the past.

I dont really think that it should be added back. The minigames arent the best, Gaster is too slow to do anything, the map is a snipers paradise, with a bit of bugs with it as well.

• Agree
Reactions: baby
this map is one of those maps are fun every once in a while like a little event thing. This map was removed for a reason.

im not an oldie but, these matches on underjail have been a great time for me so, yeah im not against it tbh

I remember this map not being very fun, although you went back to it, I think its the nostalgia and first view that made it fun. There are very few functional minigames that are fun (maybe 2 imo) The map was said to get updated and never did. The idea when it was removed was to add it back when that happened. Nothing about the map changed since we removed it. I don't see a reason in adding it back.

• Agree
Reactions: jkouts5 and baby
I remember this map not being very fun, although you went back to it, I think its the nostalgia and first view that made it fun. There are very few functional minigames that are fun (maybe 2 imo) The map was said to get updated and never did. The idea when it was removed was to add it back when that happened. Nothing about the map changed since we removed it. I don't see a reason in adding it back.
Bossfight, Waterfall, Monoculus, Hammer Game, Stairwaytoheaven, Walls, sweeper, snail race are all minigames that are operational

Id argue most of them are fun

I remember about half of those being buggy, and causing issues, I'll look in more detail. But, it was removed because of those issues, such as gaster crashing players and minigames being broken. It hasnt been updated and therefore that hasn't been fixed. I still don't like the map, and will be voting no, but if these are fixed, I digress.

I remember about half of those being buggy, and causing issues, I'll look in more detail. But, it was removed because of those issues, such as gaster crashing players and minigames being broken. It hasnt been updated and therefore that hasn't been fixed.
these are the main reasons why i was previously against adding this map. However @Semicolon Backslash can confirm that the issues surrounding gaster seem to have been resolved/not present at this time. We had a full server on the map multiple times have had no reports of gaster causing lag or crashes.

Problem games like vs 25 sentries have been removed as well.

Reactions: Ian
I remember back in August of 2021, there was that thread to re-add this map back (the one Ian linked) but it got shot down immediately due to its "broken" state.

However, after playing on this map (twice) for the first time in over two years (courtesy of Cowboy and his map-changing powers) I have to wonder if "broken" is way too exaggerated of a term to describe this map. The only lingering bug I can think of that remains is the infinite Monoculus exploit (which admins can easily monitor and players can easily make reports on as it is very easy to spot), other than that most of the minigames (besides 25 sentries which has been stripped) are at least functional.

Plus the Gaster secret is a fun secret why remove it what

Overall I'm all for re-adding this map back.

P.S. I think people exaggerate the difficulty of that one Obby jump.

Since I was mentioned I'll leave my bit here.

Here are two threads regarding underjails problems.

Too sum it up underjail was removed because of

• Lots of banned/lackluster minigames
  • Gaster causing the server to "lag" (more close to players rubberbanding) I believe this is caused by gaster switching targets rapidly but I might just be spreading misinformation.
  • It's not finished and has many empty sections
  • Loud sounds from soccer and monoculous
  • Unpopular with the regs at the time (commonly rtv'd on the first round iirc)
However there is still no denying that the map does have its fans as evidenced by the numerous attempts to update it so it can be re-added.

gaster crashing players
I believe he only ever lagged players, I do not recall anyone complaining about crashes.

I do have a slightly more updated version of underjail, it is not perfect it is unfinished, unpolished, probably buggy, and I'm not really in a position to finish it. It does improve on some of the issues that the current map has but it is in no way a perfect solution. You can view most of the changes here (anything marked as in-progress or pending won't be in the map aside from pipe game which is functional enough). Assuming I have permission to release this (even just privately to panda) this can be another option.

Wouldn't us adding the map have to be with Gastor removed, seeing how he caused lag previously?

Wouldn't us adding the map have to be with Gastor removed, seeing how he caused lag previously?
Unsure, I've taken a full server to this map upon request a few times and havent noticed anything crazy regarding lag caused by gaster.

Since I was mentioned I'll leave my bit here.

Here are two threads regarding underjails problems.

Too sum it up underjail was removed because of

• Lots of banned/lackluster minigames
  • Gaster causing the server to "lag" (more close to players rubberbanding) I believe this is caused by gaster switching targets rapidly but I might just be spreading misinformation.
  • It's not finished and has many empty sections
  • Loud sounds from soccer and monoculous
  • Unpopular with the regs at the time (commonly rtv'd on the first round iirc)
However there is still no denying that the map does have its fans as evidenced by the numerous attempts to update it so it can be re-added.

I believe he only ever lagged players, I do not recall anyone complaining about crashes.

I do have a slightly more updated version of underjail, it is not perfect it is unfinished, unpolished, probably buggy, and I'm not really in a position to finish it. It does improve on some of the issues that the current map has but it is in no way a perfect solution. You can view most of the changes here (anything marked as in-progress or pending won't be in the map aside from pipe game which is functional enough). Assuming I have permission to release this (even just privately to panda) this can be another option.
He used to lag me to a point Id end up crashing. It wouldn't happen often, but it happened a few times to me prior to upgrading my PC

I wasn't here when this map was still in rotation but I played it today and noticed a lot of problems

-Map is too open - snipers can easily cause failrounds
-Lots of unnecessary invisible walls
-Mini-games are simply not very interesting

And the main problem is, as many people have pointed out, lag
However, I'm pretty sure the reason for the lag is because of Gaster. In my opinion he really doesn't add much to the map so I honestly think he should be removed as it would minimize lag

• Dislike
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
This map may be a sniper paradise but that also goes for the blues. You can just go sniper on blue and stop anyone from rebelling. Also if you get close enough the person holding the key or atleast on the version im used to they get highlighted. Another thing about the map is ghaster, people say he causes lag or doesnt add much to the map but he is the main secret of the map. In other maps like alkatraz yes putin was removed because he would CRASH servers ghaster makes a couple people lag and leaves it at that. But i do have a concern with box game and the fact that its too easy to fall into and a bug where the boxes dont get destroyed and can stack outside of the game but this wont crash the server with only minor lag.

PUT THE GOAT BACK IN ROTATION, most of the issues are superficial imo and honestly who cares if its nostalgia, everytime we went back to it everyone had fun.

iirc Semi already ironed some bugs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread