Completed [jb] Add jb_instacity (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

screechy

Which map is the suggestion about? jb_instacity

What is supposed to happen to the map? Add

Why do you want this map change? It's the map I made and has been played on other servers without issue. It's currently on Blackwonder and was on Freddy's server before he turned it off for the time being.

A Poll would be nice, I guess most issue have been fixed since, like entering armorydoor as a red.
Im all in for some new maps instead of having a bunch of removals.
It would be a Yes from me.
Do you perhabs have a birdview of the map layout?

Old thread with feedback, could you give a rundown of any major changes to the map?
We have a bit more quality control than other communities so you really need to make a case or deal with any core issues.

Old thread with feedback, could you give a rundown of any major changes to the map?
We have a bit more quality control than other communities so you really need to make a case or deal with any core issues.
I was not aware of this thread or its creation, but everything mentioned has long since been fixed. The major changes since then have mostly been bugfixes, the armory doors thing was a bug that was caused by a flag being randomly being set to "open on touch" when no other doors had this issue. The original release was done so because I was moving out and wanted to get it published in a partly unplayable state just so it could be on the site for people to look at and give feedback about, not sure why Unicake posted a thread in spite of my descript warning about it not being server ready yet. No offense to him, what's done is done. I've also fixed all of the broken buttons and such. The racer dude in the other thread is mad at me because most of what he suggested was unbelievably nit-picky and provided no actual criticism of the map, that's why it's so extensive and even goes to criticize well-received minigames that were in previous maps of mine.

Optimization is the ongoing struggle, but since the first release it has been made far better with more aggressive prop fadeouts, lower edict count, etc. Through real-server play testing only a handful people have noted its performance as being poor, while most don't seem to have an issue with it, either saying it's decent or it runs fine. I've done a huge amount of work making it as good as I can, and will continue improving it provided enough issues crop up.

The only major issue will be map balance, but I understood this was going to be an issue from the get-go, and I find it is far easier to make sightlines worse than it is to make them better. I understand the map is large in terms of open space, but in terms of physical dimensions it's about the size of hopjb or supermario. Because of the way the middle of the map is laid out, I can pretty easily move the two halves of it closer together if needed. Unfortunately, though, I can only figure out the intricacies of balancing this map through natural playtesting, which I have yet to have a great chance to do since I've been so busy since the release of this map. Hope this clears stuff up for you and let me know if you have any other questions.

A Poll would be nice, I guess most issue have been fixed since, like entering armorydoor as a red.
I don't have one but I can make a pretty lazy one for you in a bit, have other stuff to work on rn

Gonna open the map in Hammer & get a birdseye view for people to look at before judging. Will edt this post to include it in around an hour

Reactions: screechy
BECAUSE I CAN'T EDIT THE MAIN POST PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE LAST THREAD WAS MADE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION WHILE THIS MAP WAS EXPLICITLY LISTED AS NOT BEING READY. DO NOT USE THE PROBLEMS FOUND IN THE LAST THREAD AS JUDGEMENT FOR HOW THE MAP STANDS NOW.

ay i played this on freddys server before the shutdown and it was hella nice other than the crush game music i hate that to the max and also the way to get into armory i still couldnt figure it out completely

ay i played this on freddys server before the shutdown and it was hella nice other than the crush game music i hate that to the max and also the way to get into armory i still couldnt figure it out completely

If you mean the endlessly repeating music I can push a hotfix for that tonight probably

Just pushed another bugfix which should resolve hopefully the last gameplay bug, I've played each minigame multiple times and somehow missed this annoying one in deathrun. Haven't heard anymore complaints beyond that, fortunately.

when is this map getting added
Assuming the map has no further issues and the poll results don't change it will be added whenever the next wave of jb updates happens, which before you ask when that is, it's whenever kevin has the time to do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread