Declined [JB] Add JB_Instacity (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might just be me but this map seems way too empty/spacious imo

Best to wait for Racer/Semis playtesting

Already did a playtest.

The visuals of the map are great. However a lot of people complain about the map having bad optimization.
Additionally I find many of the Games not so fun to play.
Obby is not fun, Bowling is bad, Buttons in a broken state after being used once, Missing Labels, Street Race is underwhelming, A certain door that favours blus, Armory can be accessed by reds, Rapid Reaction is just first reaction last reaction with no consequences, Sniper heaven with these sightlines, Super Supplier while unique - is not fun, heck it even has missing labels, Awp dodge gives no time to react at all, Bowling is broken, A Ladder sticking out of a ceiling in cell area, RPS minigame is very confusing, invisible walls.

Basically the map has a lot of faults. The more I play it the more I realize that it needs a lot more work for any chance of it being decent. Right now the map is just bad.

Reactions: crubf
wouldn't add it at the moment, it has way too many bugs and just poorly designed areas, needs heavy polishing.

I don't think we should add a map that has a path to armory that's this easy

I havent even seen the minigames yet or anything of that nature.
The minigames could genuinely be super fun, but something like this is a total deal breaker and I don't think a map that allows all reds in armoury in literally 20 seconds (exclusing slow armory doors, that falls on the blu team opening armory) should ever be added.

Reactions: vinny
It's not just that entrance, it's EVERY entrance to armoury, they forgot to make the armoury gates blu-exclusive I guess.
Which is pretty realistic if you ask me

It's not just that entrance, it's EVERY entrance to armoury, they forgot to make the armoury gates blu-exclusive I guess.
Oh my god I didn't even realize that lmfao

Even if that was not an issue, I would never add a map with armory paths like the one I showed. I timed less then 20 seconds to open the main armory entrance even with a scuffed pathway.

Do not vote this map in :mad:

Either way there is a disclaimer to wait for the creator to update the map. Don’t think this is ready yet.

I think this map looks pretty cool and has a lot of potential to be really fun, but the GameBanana description outright says to wait until v1a to add to map pools.

Reactions: Mehgend
The map has received two updates to fix numerous bugs and issues.

Addition: Added an extra super secret, really just a benign easter egg
Improvement: Heavily nerfed Wall Game, might be too easy now
Bugfix: Fixed an error that prevented the prison exit doors from being opened and closed
Bugfix: Fixed a bug in bowling that allowed multiple balls to be spawned
Bugfix: Fixed a bug in Wall Game that prevented Blu team from being able to leave it
Bugfix: Probably fixed the trailer park secret
Bugfix: Other optimizations and bug fixes
Bugfix: Fixed an embarrassing bug that let reds enter armory. For some reason those doors had the "touch to open" flag on
Overhaul: Drastically lowered the edict count from ~1800 to ~1400. Still not ideal, but should prevent the map from crashing the server for no reason
Tweak: Slightly lowered the visible range for props in the map to increase performance further

I have extended the poll by 3 days in case someone changes their mind due to these updates, especially since these updates address some issues brought up in this thread.

Reactions: Zee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread