Declined [JB] 100 person JailBreak server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wise Goat

You can't tell me a 100 capacity jailbreak server is not a good idea. crits enabled and everything, sweeper is either really slow or the amount of reds dying stops it completely, jeopardy never being done, not enough deathrun traps to make a dent in the red population, wrangling 80 angry reds into obby, burger king massacre, giving lr is an actual achievement worth praise, and so much more.

Panda community can spearhead the greatest or even the worst server on Team fortress 2.

Hosting a 100 player Jailbreak would come with a host of problems:
- The server would have to be updated or upgraded to be able to handle that many people without crashing (most major issue).
- ≤ 10 BLUs trying to herd ≥ 90 REDs is not going to be manageable in the slightest.
- With our current 1:2 guard/prisoner ratio, the BLU team could have up to 33 guards, which sounds like overkill to me.
- Even if the REDs are somehow managed, good luck reducing 80-90 of them down to one prisoner left within 10 minutes.
- Cramping 80-90 REDs in one small minigame area like Nine Square will lag the games of people who have slower computers.
- Doing mass theater/jeopardy/drip or down LRs would be completely impossible with the sheer amount of REDs and not enough time.
- The amount of freekills and rulebreaking is gonna increase by a LOT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin
My computer would fucking explode, but its a risk willing to take.

• Haha
Reactions: Fairy
we have 3 jb servers right now, US Jailbreak who is sitting at 24 players on average on a busy day, US JB 2 (Empty/Dead), EU Jailbreak (DEAD)

If we dont have this many Jb players (at once) there is no need for this.

That is, unless you can someone 70 new jb players on the server once it launches.

While this may be fun for a few games and maps, this will soon get dropped and people will join back in the normal one. (Resulting in another Dead JB Server)

No.

Hosting a 100 player Jailbreak would come with a host of problems:
- The server would have to be updated or upgraded to be able to handle that many people without crashing.
- ≤ 10 BLUs trying to herd ≥ 90 REDs is not going to be manageable in the slightest.
- With our current 1:2 guard/prisoner ratio, the BLU team could have up to 33 guards, which sounds like overkill to me.
- Even if the REDs are somehow managed, good luck reducing 80-90 of them down to one prisoner left within 10 minutes.
- Cramping 80-90 REDs in one small minigame area like Nine Square will lag the games of people who have slower computers.
- Doing mass theater/jeopardy/drip or down LRs would be completely impossible with the sheer amount of REDs and not enough time.
- The amount of freekills and rulebreaking is gonna increase by a LOT.

I have no doubt in my mind that a 100-player Jailbreak server would be revolutionary, the question is whether or not the potential problems I pointed out will make it worth trying?
This really could only made fun when certain gameplay specific rules were overlooked and really only seen as some sort of big "Event" rather than a fully implemented Server.
so no punishments for accidental massfreekill for example (Which would definitely happen lets be honest with so many reds)

I would like to refer to a previous post i have made

[
I think this would be really fun to play, however there are a few things that need to be resolved,

you already mentioned the Item limet tf2 has, Removing Cosmetics is a first but other things need to be solved as well.
Tf2 has an item limet off 2048, if the server has to register more then this number, it crashes.

The following things effect the item limet:

• Players <1s>
  • face animations <1s>
  • taunts (with objects added to them, for example the engineer playing the banjo)
  • Death drops (item box, weapon and the ragdoll all take up a lot) <1s per drop>
  • Rockets,Stickies,Pipes,flares (bascially any projectile) <1s per projectile)
  • Sentry's/Buildings (1s per building)
  • The Cart (1s when pushed)
  • Weapons (every player has 3 weapons, if they die they will also drop 1 weapon, also they drop an ammo box, which is another slot) <1s pw>
  • Doors (if a door is triggered, the server has to update it) <1s when triggered>
  • The map itself (for example badwater takes 20 slots due to certain objects and upward takes 52) <depends on map>

i am also pretty sure the plugin to remove cosmetics does this when they player spawns in, This means that for 1 frame the player will still have its cosmetics (aka 3-4 item slots that will be used). if a lot of players respawn at the same time a lot of ammo boxes+weapons will be lying around and the server will have to reserve 7 items for a frame for each player who is respawning.

there are probably more issues i have not mentioned yet, but there is nothing unsolvable. its a fun concept i would love to see but a lot of effort would have to be put in

and with the waiting for panda casual i doubt that this project will be put in action
Link to said post

With how many bells and whistles jailbreak maps have, it would be almost impossible to host a stable server that wont crash (unless the 64bit update will bring a bigger item capacity)

Also i dont think this would be a reliable gamemode, i’d rather see the 100 player casual server in the future, jailbreaks is already chaotic enough and half the minigames are not able to run on 100 players properly.

voted no

In it's current form, unless the server or game updates to increase the item limit as Fairy has pointed out, this is impossible to implement without causing the server to crash. I'm afraid I have no choice but to decline this prematurely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread