Jailbreak Props In Prophunt (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer911-1

As many JB regulars know there is this little minigame called "Prophunt" in the map jb_hopjb_v11. To be a prop you have the option of choosing between 16 different props. Problem being that, unless you played this gamemode many times and have good memory, there is no visual indicator that displays what number has which prop. So I made this post to counteract that problem.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

i honestly am shocked there isnt like a window behind each option with each prop in question. It makes it pretty tough for folks who haven't played the minigame a ton, so this post is honestly pretty helpful

Thing is the BLUs can see the REDs in the prophunt area through a glass window, if the prop windows were added BLUs would know which props to look out for and which not. IDK if this would tip the minigame in BLUs' favor more so this is more just an observation than anything else.

Thing is the BLUs can see the REDs in the prophunt area through a glass window, if the prop windows were added BLUs would know which props to look out for and which not. IDK if this would tip the minigame in BLUs' favor more so this is more just an observation than anything else.

Crap sorry for posting the same thing twice, my slow internet (at the time as I was downloading something) made it so the page didn't refresh with my reply when I hit "Post reply" and I ended up hitting it more than once thinking my post wasn't posted.

I think this wouldnt change much cause the props spawn inside the game, dont they? I could be wrong about that

I think this wouldnt change much cause the props spawn inside the game, dont they? I could be wrong about that
Nah right outside the red entrance of Prophunt

Prophunt is already incredibly unfair for the reds. Even if they were added it would barely change anything in terms of balance.
I could be slightly wrong since its been years that I last played Prophunt in TF2, but there are some things to consider.

First of all you can shoot, throw and swing around with your weapons as much as you want, and you will not lose any health doing so. Normally you would lose HP when playing on a Prophunt dedicated server which means you had to conserve your Health if you seriously wanted to find people.
Then theres the fact that the amount of natural props is incredibly scarce, with the only area decently decorated in props being that little shack next to Burger King. It makes it very easy to realize when something is out of place.
Armory is closed off, meaning that ammo is not limitless, but you don't have to check every prop with bullets, fire and explosions. Just by focusing on a prop, a name may or may not appear infront of the screen. Being a spy or medic with the solemn vow can make seeking even easier.

Then there's the disadvantage for the reds where they have like only 30 seconds to find a spot, meaning no matter what, some spots are just impossible to reach before the seekers are let out.
And Lastly you cant lock your prop in place, so checking for guards by moving your mouse is very risky depending on your spot.

So "tip the minigame in BLU's favor more" is a massive overstatement.

Yeah that's why it was just more of an observation than anything, really the only way windows displaying the props would help the BLUs is if either one of the BLUs had a really good memory or quickly jotted the props REDs are going into on a list (which, considering the amount of REDs usually in the prophunt area, is near impossible).

Disregarding that I'm all for displaying windows showing the props because yeah it would be incredibly helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread