Jailbreak Detours/delaying rule suggestion (1 Viewer)

Which rule should be implemented, or should there be no changes?

• Rule #1 should be used

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rule #2 should be used

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No changes are required

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynt

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Okay, so I'm here again with a rule that should be thought about to add.

When a warden gives an order allot of people will sort of moan "You did not say no detours and no delaying" but when checking the rules you will see that there is no such rule that says you need to say it.

Someone added the whole no detours no delaying thing even though it's not stated in the rules that you should. All this causes people to scream "freekill" as the warden killed them and he didn't say something that you don't have to.

So I have a choice of 2 rules to suggest for the jailbreak server:

Rule 1#
When giving a order as a warden, the warden must specify that the Red's may not "detour or delay". If they do they may kill the reds that are not listening.

or

Rule#2
When giving a order as warden the "no detours no delaying" order is immediately implied, anyone who denies it and does detour or delay will be KOS.

---------------
Personally I would prefer the second rule but everyone opinions will be different on this

Well havent played in jailbreak for a while so i don,t know what has changed but i will try to give out my opinion.
Both of these rules have their positives and negatives so i will start with the 1st one.
Making warden say no detours or delays is annoying for experianced and new wardens especially the newer ones becouse it makes it harder for the warden to controll the inmates and the inmates can get really annoying trying to be smart and crying after getting killed .On the other hand it allows the prisoners to rebel and/or save themselves from getting killed in this gamemode where the blues have OP critz 24/7(yes i am salty about that and wish it was mini critz but thats another topic altogether).
The second rule limits the limited freedom the prisoners have and their options of rebelion and at the same time newer players tend not to read all the rules(Yes yes its their own fault i am just saying.) if any or expect for the warden to be wery specific in his orders witch leads to their own deaths.Though again this second rule would help wardens from having to say so many orders and help the newer ones contain the inmates.
In the end i am leaning slightly more towards the second rule but that just my opinion.

Detours and Delays weren't a thing until a regular Jailbreak player started saying it; this player also came up with several minigames that were later banned due to the nature of them being "I kill you to get ez points"

I've never used detours and delays; I've always said "You did not listen to my order" if they delay or do anything that isn't the order. This is usually followed with a warning to everyone that if they don't follow the order I give, they will be killed as well.

I personally like to troll people that don't say no detours or delays, atleast used to, but it feels right to add the second rule and more fair for new people

Bump* (People keep being smart asses by saying "oh you didn't say no detours and no delaying")

When I last played jailbreak I always killed those who detoured, without stating "No detours/delays/bullcrap". If I give an order, I assume players follow it immediately and therefore gets killed whenever they are delaying on purpose.

But since jailbreak has changed so much I guess it ain't welcome to say these thins here.

Reactions: Deep
When I last played jailbreak I always killed those who detoured, without stating "No detours/delays/bullcrap". If I give an order, I assume players follow it immediately and therefore gets killed whenever they are delaying on purpose.

But since jailbreak has changed so much I guess it ain't welcome to say these thins here.
It's actually good to have people doing it like this since this "rule" is actually getting outta hands.

It's actually good to have people doing it like this since this "rule" is actually getting outta hands.
I always made it an unwritten rule that you aren't allowed to detour or cause any type of delay on purpose. But as said, jailbreak has changed so much and I can't even keep track of it anymore.

• Funny
Reactions: Deep
I always made it an unwritten rule that you aren't allowed to detour or cause any type of delay on purpose. But as said, jailbreak has changed so much and I can't even keep track of it anymore.

Thing is a member by the name WowWow made those orders up and people kept using it even though you're not supposed to do it. People use it as an excuse to call saw someone out for freekilling or to be just straight up smartasses.

So imo it best to put a rule up for it, so that stuff can stop

Detours and Delays weren't a thing until a regular Jailbreak player started saying it; this player also came up with several minigames that were later banned due to the nature of them being "I kill you to get ez points"

I've never used detours and delays; I've always said "You did not listen to my order" if they delay or do anything that isn't the order. This is usually followed with a warning to everyone that if they don't follow the order I give, they will be killed as well.

I've never seen detours and delays as a real thing; it's just a point-whore method imo

• Agree
Reactions: Wolf and Deep
i always say "no detours or delays apply to all of my orders from now on, for the resto of the round" AND even i u odnt say it and a guy doesnt do what u say, you can kil lhim cuz hes not following the wardens order.

• Agree
Reactions: Flynt and Deep
I totally agree that "No detours and delays" should be implied in every order. Everything is stated in my thread and above.
Well, that was a while back. I've obviously changed my mind again. As already stated, it would be nice to have it implied with every order. (Even if I don't play jailbreak regularly).

My vote: implement rule #2 (I had the exact same case soooooo many times)

Bump, Also could someone put a vote on this thread, I would do it myself as I made this thread but for some reason I am unable to :\

Added a poll, the poll will close on July 7th.

Though I agree with rule 2, I'm am hoping that it does not get taken too seriously to the point where people are being killed when they generally don't know where they are going or are lagging out.

I only agree with placing that rule for those that purposely detour and delay.

might tell me the current state of this?
should something be implemented? y/n?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread