Declined [Jailbreak] Add jb_chretien_remastered_final (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator

While I know this map -- at least an old version -- was once in rotation, the final version fixes some bugs and adds Stairway to Heaven. Just another map suggestion I'd throw around, I chose this one because it's visually satisfactory and has a good enough assortment of minigames and secrets.

MINIGAMES

INSIDE THE BUILDING, CLOCKWISE FROM CELLS
- Ghosthunt
- Stairway to Heaven
- Theater
- Pool
- Deathrun [HAS A SECRET AMMO SPOT]
- Crash Game & Jump Game
- Versus Sentry [HAS A SECRET WAY OUT FOR REDS]
- Maze
- Toxic (this one would probably have to be banned as it revolves around one BLU killing any RED near him)

OUTSIDE
- Arena
- Obby
- Hockey [SECRET AMMO SPOT UNDERNEATH BLEACHERS]
- Minefield

BLUs spawn in area on top floor of building, away from armoury (armoury is left of cells when facing them)

Has a fun little way to escape that I would argue is harder than most other maps that offer escape routes (Volcano, Jailfort, and Alkatraz) because the button needed to open the doors to escape is located in the guards' spawn area.

God damn, i just feel a rush of memories whenever i view this map, Some of my earliest jailbreak memories are from this map. This map has really nice vibes from how it uses the sunset outside. The minigames are simple but get the job done. however it has some issues that also plague maps like Snowballz.

This map is absolutely HYUUUGE, like i mean REALLY big. It takes FOREVER to reach a minigame, it also doesn't help that bhop isn't enabled so it's going to take even longer. This also means longer delays as it'll be hard for the prisoners to actually rebel due to having to spend the rest of the round having to try to find blue's on such a huge map. The sightlines are also really bad, this is honestly a rebelling snipers paradise since the cell area is one massive open room. It really pains me to vote no but I support the current wave of maps being removed so the map pool can remain a higher quality.

Reactions: Nergal Nergalton
chretien was my first ever jailbreak map so yeah sure

Map is just long corridors from when I last played it but would be cool to go back to it.

People couldn't wait to get rid of this map a year ago and now they want it back? Even if it wasn't a buggy mess it was too big, the mini games were very meh, and it's just plain boring to play. Jail_WIP wasn't good but at least had memes, this one isn't fun and is boring to look at/ play.

• Agree
Reactions: Idiet and Cowboy
This used to be the default map for panda, it definitely has a place in the hearts of many older players (myself included), while I first voted yes because of the nostalgia after thinking about it a bit more I'm not sure if the map would hold up, cowboy has already voiced many of the concerns I have with it I'll also say that this map had so many issues with it, so I'll just say that there was a dedicated section of the rules for it, and it was pretty sizeable compared to the other map specific rules we have even if some of them were superfluous.

1654689788108.png

Has a fun little way to escape that I would argue is harder than most other maps that offer escape routes (Volcano, Jailfort, and Alkatraz) because the button needed to open the doors to escape is located in the guards' spawn area.
It's actually way easier since its just one button, generally one red will press the button and some other red will be waiting at the gate.

Isn’t there an older version with less problems than remastered?

I don’t want this unless it gets updated in such a way to mitigate the flaws.

• Agree
Reactions: Bananawastaken
voting no since its a bit too big and square for me but i have to say i like the updated obby and the escape via train instead of just running into some trees

Reactions: Idiet
Just realized it is the one with the train, voting no now.

Gonna have to vote no on this, too big and if the concerns Cowboy and Semi raised are true i'd rather not deal with it

Reactions: Idiet
This used to be the default map for panda, it definitely has a place in the hearts of many older players (myself included), while I first voted yes because of the nostalgia after thinking about it a bit more I'm not sure if the map would hold up, cowboy has already voiced many of the concerns I have with it I'll also say that this map had so many issues with it, so I'll just say that there was a dedicated section of the rules for it, and it was pretty sizeable compared to the other map specific rules we have even if some of them were superfluous.

It's actually way easier since its just one button, generally one red will press the button and some other red will be waiting at the gate.
Oof, wow. If that’s the case, I guess it’s understandable why a lot of people don’t want this map.

I see the votes are very divided, but I do understand the arguments of both sides.

It’s not a map I’d be devastated about if it weren’t added. If it’s added, great. If it’s not, oh well.

• Agree
Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
I always like to play on ”new” maps but this one looks plain for me, and for what i can hear this map is pretty broken? Voting No for now

Welp, It looks like a good map in the first place plus this older map variations inspired me to play TF2 & Jailbreak all together. This map older variations that 1 specific tf2tuber played looked like fun ngl. To the 16 - 16 people, that’s on different sides I hope you guys don’t get mad at my opinion but I would put a yes into the poll.

this map is just nostalgia bait, and if it's not that it's people that are just voting because new map hurr durr, Chretien got complained about many many times and finally removed. it's a slow boring map with a boring layout, the most exciting thing that can happen is running to Armory, jetpack secret or trying to escape. it just isn't going to be enjoyed and used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread