Declined I'll just throw this in here (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riven ✭

Due to the fact that I'm largely unhappy with the current VSH Staff and the !call feature hasn't been answered in a good 1-2 weeks now, I'm applying myself.

- Your name and/or nickname

Most commonly known as Ori.

- Your age

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

[U:1:78318091]

- Your general online times and your timezone

UTC +2, usually on in the evening and in the afternoon.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

Honestly, maybe? I'm familiar with most game modes and what should be done/shouldn't be done, but I'm primarily concerned with VSH right now. That server needs stronger moderation.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yeah.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

Never bothered. I figured I'd apply now against my own wish because I really want to help make the VSH server more tolerable for people that actually play the mode and have to deal with really unnecessary problems.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

Yeah it's pretty easy. SM is a standard tool, all I really need is a list of the commands.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

Because I'm willing to help you keep the VSH Server enjoyable, something a lot of your current trial admins are not living up to around the time I'm playing. (Just today I've called on trolls and AFKs and nothing is being done about it. I understand that some of you have busy lives, so do I, and I also understand that it's not one admin's entire responsibility to uphold a server, but it's regardless of reasons not working out right now. You need new/more admins that are willing to answer calls.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I'm a pretty standard person. I warn people nicely and take my time to write respectful responses directed at people instead of lazily spamming binds. If someone has the obvious intention of stepping on my foot and pressing my buttons for fun, I'll enforce the rules. Depending on the situation, there won't be a warning. I wouldn't let a hacker stay a single second of me noticing them for example, but that's really just the standard procedure of dealing with zero tolerance cases.

Depending on the person, I might use voice chat. If I feel like voice chat doesn't work, I'll type it out for them - vice versa if I type it in chat and they don't respond, I'll speak it out for them.

Final word:
This application is a plead for support. If you think that I can't handle the responsibility of keeping the VSH Server clean, then at least get someone else who can. It's not fun to sit on a server with 5 AFK people because we don't have an afk manager while the only other guy that plays the game is a Gibus Pyrovision Scout that hasn't fired his gun a single time in 20 minutes.

looking at what server requires admins its probably not really needed to get another one on VSH (it was updated quite recently)
upload_2018-8-9_18-15-23.png
i also dont understand with your
That server needs stronger moderation.
VSH has currently 5 admins
upload_2018-8-9_18-19-36.png

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: fanthom and Matth
looking at what server requires admins its probably not really needed to get another one on VSH (it was updated quite recently)
i also dont understand with your

VSH has currently 5 admins

@iceviet has recently not showed up a whole lot. (I don't think I've seen them on the server in a few weeks safe for like 1 time that I might not remember)
@Le Captain Pootis, is that Beamerboy? Shows up once in a while, recently a little more.
@Magglet Tough luck honestly. Used to show up more often from what I remember.
@Matth wasn't on the server a lot the last days, but usually was there a lot in the past.
@PNN resigned
@Roar is tough luck too right now. (In his defense, it's only been a few days. But with so much as one admin not showing up, it's already quite noticable that the server is not moderated a whole lot right now.)

Out of the 5 listed admins, I'll just have to point out that 3 of them aren't on the server as much as they used to with 1, at best 2 being reliable.

Just because they're listed does not mean they're actually there, unless Ice is going by another alias and I just never realized that there was an admin all along just not answering !calls.

Eitherway that brings me back to the formal complaint that !call is not handled well at all right now and it often times gets the server to go completely empty because no one likes to play VSH against a 10k Health boss with 2-3 teammates AFK in base increasing the healthpool but doing nothing.

Plus, I think the more the merrier. As someone who plays on the server quite a lot, it's simply not enough moderation right now. Combine that with the fact that there is no AFK Manager plugin and you have yourself a good server with uncontrolled players earraping into the microphone, hiding as Scout and going afk for an entire hour with nobody kicking them.

As much as it seems that I throw shade at the current admins, I just don't think that the server is properly handled right now. You should consider increasing the admin pool.

• Dislike
Reactions: Matth
To be fair to the other administrators here, it is summer and there is a lot going on in our real lives. Vacation, parties and generally just doing things with friends.

My activity since I was on vacation (Where I was gone for 2 weeks)
0cbe022b351bb73874d1e3a964c10b40.png

On topic though; Controversial opinion coming through.

Application looks decent. Effort-wise it's pretty average, and grammar is pretty good. You got the wrong Steam32 ID (which it said in the parentheses would make you look unprofessional if you didn't get it right).

Punishments: You've been banned twice last year, but since it's atleast 8 months ago since your most recent bans, it's not something I would immediately hold against you. You've been muted 4 months ago for being toxic. This is something noteworthy since in my opinion, the toxicity has just transfered from voicechat, to text chat.

Sessons looks great, and let's have a look at your chatlog.

Your chatlog is generally underwhelming and full of toxic comments like such:
0c11766356ae70308f434c4fad92c82d.png

8a2e7b7015aa87483c99376cd250c95b.png

993c751d44f72a9c1b85667037387566.png

4cc36f1334ed93f1ace01939b784fc12.png

0c766cd3e48621cfaa2d4c42341eb949.png

And that's just from yesterday alone.

With all of this being said, I am not seeing Riven becoming an administrator any time soon because of his chatlog alone, although be it ironic that should come from me.

Unsupporting.

• Agree
Reactions: Matth and Geronimo
In my unnecessary defense (because I just want more admins, not necessarily myself), most of my chatlogs are me either saying fuck or me joking. The last one is a dispute I had with Jeux for throwing rocks in a glass house. And another one is me saying what everyone else is thinking, it sucks when someone breaks one rule after another and nothing is done about it even though an admin is right there on the server and just not paying attention to it.

Please accept one of the other applicants to handle the servers, Skorpieo or whatever. It's really a gamble at times to get any admin to come onto the server even after 3 times of using !call.

Don't take me if fucks or backtalks are an issue, but take someone who'll do the job for me instead then. I am so tired of using !call multiple times on the same person without so much as a reaction.

And the toxic mute I got was on the snowman map and we were having fun, then I got muted for saying fuck you to people that touched my snowman. Funny story. Even had people stand up for me because they thought it was over the top to gag me over it. (Since it was all in good fun. People raced to see who can get killed by the Snowman first and Skorp used mantreads to be the first one to kill himself)

Matth is currently on a trip in Sicily until tomorrow.
So from what I garnered and found out, there is a shortage of admins during vacation days?
In that case, wouldn't a larger amount of admins (that can cover during vacation days, there's probably enough people who sit at home during vacation) be a better idea than 5?

• Dislike
Reactions: Matth
Hi Ori,

I'll start off by apologising for not being able to handle your calls - however I'm pretty sure I must be offline at the time you make them because I can't recall seeing more than 1 call from you recently (we only receive them if we're online). I guess the reason for this is I have recently just started a new full time job in a bar which means a lot of later shifts. Although, I'm a bit taken back by the inactivity accusation...

It41kNd.jpg

I guess we just don't play at the same time & the general trend for me is playing at least every other day.

Onto you as an applicant:

Your application is very clean and well written (aside from the wrong SteamID which meh.. does it matter?) Personally, I think we get on well, you have definitely shared some great ideas you've had for the server, including a lot of suggestions for boss, plugin and other fixes which I agree with. Generally you are a little quiet in-game, at times enforcing rules well - I know we all like to play incognito from time to time but it would be nice to see a little more community interaction and helping newer players to the game mode.

However, as mentioned by Beamer above, your chatlogs are littered with insults and toxicity. Along with this, there have been a fair few complaints against you for toxic behaviour - and that's not just because you can time your airblasts impeccably as Pyro. I've noticed sometimes when things don't go your way you lash out which is reflected in your chat logs. Unfortunately I don't believe administration is really suited for you with your current attitude...

I figured I'd apply now against my own wish

But I guess neither do you?

• Agree
Reactions: Matth and Hellboy
Okei I know I resigned, but I have to throw my opinion in here because it is Ori. Not sure if you were un-happy with me as admin aswell? I belive you liked me, and sorry for resigning:p

First off, I truly belive you would fit as admin on VSH, but you ruined your chances IMO with this comment «I figured I’d apply now against my own wish». You have good grammar, I know you know the rules well, but that comment is no-go. I kinda wish you never wrote that.

2nd, after I resigned I noticed all the calls by you and others because I did not loose my powers before 1 week later. I am not gonna throw out names now, but I saw someone in the staff play other games and TF2, without responding. This is IMO, not okei. When you apply for admin on Panda, you better do your job and respect the responbility by being a trusted admin. If it is that hard or boring to respond calls, then resign. I know the pain by playing something like NYJB and getting a call, but as VSH admin you simply join your server, handle it, and then you can leave again. You sacrefise 3 minutes of your life, but you applied for admin, so deal with it.

I muted you in-game once for toxic behavior. I remember it was because of comments you did over a good period of time. Like weeks.

The current staff does not support you, but I do. I can’t vote, but I knew you the most out of all VSH staff. I wanna quote Alperrt on Magglet’s app:
«You may have done stupid things in the past, but people change. With good mentor and training, I belive you will fit. Is not that what the trial period is all about?».
It’s not 100% what he said, but close to it.

So Ori, please think about how you express yourself in chat and voice, stop with the «they does not fit as admins so I apply» attitude. For the current staff, you know what to do aswell;)

I support Ori if he do what I told here. Without voting of course!

And for god sake, don’t start with drama because of my reply. I never mentioned name of admins.

Reactions: fanthom
Thanks for the application. Funny you mentioned 1 to 2 weeks ago exactly when I went on holiday and still am until Saturday.

My current experience of you unfortunately is one that is extremely toxic. You seem to make a lot of incredibly inappropriate jokes. You are rude, lack respect or integrity. You don’t seem to understand what is and isn’t acceptable in public chat.

You have been rude directly to me countless times, however putting your general personal aside.

You have exceptional knowledge of the rules. You are active on panda and seem to actually care about the server.

You need to improve your chat and general behaviour, so I will be giving a -1 for now. But if I see an improvement in the coming months this can be changed.

Good day.

Okei I know I resigned, but I have to throw my opinion in here because it is Ori. Not sure if you were un-happy with me as admin aswell? I belive you liked me, and sorry for resigning:p

First off, I truly belive you would fit as admin on VSH, but you ruined your chances IMO with this comment «I figured I’d apply now against my own wish». You have good grammar, I know you know the rules well, but that comment is no-go. I kinda wish you never wrote that.

2nd, after I resigned I noticed all the calls by you and others because I did not loose my powers before 1 week later. I am not gonna throw out names now, but I saw someone in the staff play other games and TF2, without responding. This is IMO, not okei. When you apply for admin on Panda, you better do your job and respect the responbility by being a trusted admin. If it is that hard or boring to respond calls, then resign. I know the pain by playing something like NYJB and getting a call, but as VSH admin you simply join your server, handle it, and then you can leave again. You sacrefise 3 minutes of your life, but you applied for admin, so deal with it.

I muted you in-game once for toxic behavior. I remember it was because of comments you did over a good period of time. Like weeks.

The current staff does not support you, but I do. I can’t vote, but I knew you the most out of all VSH staff. I wanna quote Alperrt on Magglet’s app:
«You may have done stupid things in the past, but people change. With good mentor and training, I belive you will fit. Is not that what the trial period is all about?».
It’s not 100% what he said, but close to it.

So Ori, please think about how you express yourself in chat and voice, stop with the «they does not fit as admins so I apply» attitude. For the current staff, you know what to do aswell;)

I support Ori if he do what I told here. Without voting of course!

And for god sake, don’t start with drama because of my reply. I never mentioned name of admins.

Thanks for the vote of confidence pal, but I already achieved what I set out to do.
Pootis was online two days in a row now instead of once in a blue moon and I raised awareness for an issue with the VSH server that has been unadressed for a little longer than 2 weeks to a month now.

I don't need to be an admin anymore if things remain the way they are. I also believe the application itself got a lot more attention than a normal VSH thread would have gotten.

I'm aware that "against my will" was a bad thing to say the moment I wrote it, but I've already explained my intentions and got what I planned out of it. I'd say that's a win-win situation, since I more or less coerced some of the less reliable staff to show efforts.

Safe to say this application won't go anywhere. No admins has shown support, despite this being up for over a week. This application, as Madact so nicely put it in the shoutbox, is more of a complaint rather than an admin application.
The "applicants" only real purpose here on this thread was to shine light on an issue - us VSH admins being inactive during the summer. And well what a surprise, we are, because we have a real life to attend to. Because during summer people do shit instead of just sitting indoors 24 hours a day.

This application should be shoved aside as nothing more than a complaint and a declined admin application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread