Accepted I got perma muted and gagged for "mic spam" and "CAPS". (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeathN'Power

SourceBans Ban URL: STEAM_0:0:542085573
Ben Shapiro Stan
2020-12-16 06:47:49 / 2020-12-16 06:09:18
Caps / Micspam
ZeroPC
Reason:

I vaguely remember what happened that day but I still don't understand why the offense was large enough to warrant such a harsh penalty. I rarely mic spam now days and mostly just play seriously because I've gotten good at the game. It would still help if I could communicate with my team and talk too the enemy gamers. Communication is part of what makes multiplayer games to fun! The fun gets ruined when you can't even use chat to say shit.

No offense to ZeroPC but this was petty on his part, I can understand a gag for a few days but a permanent one seems a bit harsh right? What was so bad about typing in caps lock anyway? I can't understand how it's any different than typing normally. Maybe it's a bit annoying but to seriously mute someone for that is far to big of a punishment. That was also likely an accident as I have my crouch key bound to "left shift". Oh course I might accidentally press cap lock as it is right next to shift and forget to turn it off. As for the mic spam, it was likely a mistake. I might have been doing a bit that dragged on for too long and ZeroPC thought it was an intentional act of annoyance which it wasn't.

I believe he had a personally vendetta against me. Why else would he act so harshly? Clearly I may have done something to him that he took massive amounts of offense too but that just proves that he acted unfairly and out of spite, even if I was mic spamming the event was a year ago, I'm not the same person back then and I refuse to be punished for something this petty. Please ungag and unmute me!

@ZeroPC

It warrants such a harsh penalty not because what you did for that offence is a serious offence, but because you have accumulated 6 offences in 3 months. On your 6th its always a permanent because you have had so many chances.

Reactions: Mark! and Hedgehog
I would argue that most of the offenses were exaggerations and false. Also considering that I have mentioned how I no longer use the mic and chat as much I think I have matured enough to be ungagged and unmuted.

1. The actual name of your banned account is "MLG gaming".
2. None of those mutes or gags were false. With @thebishcrazy as another admin that has punished you before (and with me as a witness to some of those punishments), I can guarantee you they were justified. Not only did you constantly overuse caps, scream, and micspam various sounds when we asked you to stop, you also constantly insulted us staff members as well as other players. Whether they were jokes or not, nobody seemed to play along with you and some even came to me complaining about your behavior. Your jokes were simply taken too far and hard to consider banter.
3. I asked you to stop multiple times, and you call those punishments harsh? Also:
That was also likely an accident as I have my crouch key bound to "left shift". Oh course I might accidentally press cap lock as it is right next to shift and forget to turn it off. As for the mic spam, it was likely a mistake.
If they were mistakes, you would have told us or apologized immediately or near-immiediately since you should have noticed our multiple warnings, but no. You continued on like you knew what you were doing and didn't care about our warnings.
4. We have a stacking method for communication blocks we follow here. We don't choose the times based on what we feel like, we follow a consistent and increasing stacking method for punishment times, no matter what you've done wrong. If you've been gagged/muted before, it'll only get longer from there.
Clearly I may have done something to him that he took massive amounts of offense
No, you didn't. I'm just doing my job.

It's been 7 months since your punishments so I guess I'm okay with undoing your gag for now seeing as how the majority of your chat consisted of just caps and spam. Your mute however will stay put as most of your insults and spamming was done via mic. Do not be ignorant towards any warnings you may receive. Your next mute/gag will be permanant. You'll be under heavy surveillance.

• Friendly
Reactions: Magglet and Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread