Declined Got auto banned due to tag. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byakuran

SourceBans Ban URL : https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=shizuo&Submit=Search
Name of your Banned Steam Account : Shizuo
Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:62557903
Date and Time of the Ban : 03-07-16 17:21
Reason about the Ban : I got auto-banned due to being marked on steamrep by FoG
Admin that Banned you : Console

I got the tagged reduced to caution and would love to keep playing on the servers
Details of the tag https://steamrep.com/search?q=shizuov10

I'd be happy to oblige if more information is needed.

~Shizuo

Personally, having the "Caution" tag might be enough trust to let you play on our gameservers.

But from what I've read I don't think you're quite ready to be unbanned yet, just my opinion though.

Personally, from what I've read, I would not want to see someone like this on our servers. But that's my opinion.

Personally, having the "Caution" tag might be enough trust to let you play on our gameservers.

But from what I've read I don't think you're quite ready to be unbanned yet, just my opinion though.
Personally, from what I've read, I would not want to see someone like this on our servers. But that's my opinion.
May i ask why? I come with no intent to trade,but solely to play.,Also as i've stated already in my other appeals,i think a second chance could be bestowed,considering it was the first,and oh without a doubt the last time i'd ever scam.

I don't see why trade bans have anything to do with sourcemod bans and why being reported on SteamREP would ban you from any server at all.

But, as Aokigahara said, you don't seem like the kind of person we would want on this community. Scamming someone because you lost everything due to being addicted to gambling isn't something anyone with common sense should be doing. You apologized, sure. You gave him back some shit, sure. But you still stole from someone else because of something that was your OWN fault and you only gave it back because you got caught.

Tough, don't gamble next time.

I don't see why trade bans have anything to do with sourcemod bans and why being reported on SteamREP would ban you from any server at all.

But, as Aokigahara said, you don't seem like the kind of person we would want on this community. Scamming someone because you lost everything due to being addicted to gambling isn't something anyone with common sense should be doing. You apologized, sure. You gave him back some shit, sure. But you still stole from someone else because of something that was your OWN fault and you only gave it back because you got caught.

Tough, don't gamble next time.
It's not quite right to judge me as "you only gave it back because you got caught".
To be perfectly honest i felt like shit during the entire two months and me "being caught" didn't quite bother me as much as the fact that i stole.

Learning from mistakes would be the best way to put it as.,Did i make a mistake? without a doubt,a huge one at that too,but it also means that i learnt from it the toughest way,and will not do a mistake like that again.

Well, I've got the same position as Puddin, if this guy scammed ( in this case a lots of money ). Even if he swear that he won't do it again, we can't be sure of that. And as Puddin said, he gave back items because he got caught else he wouldn't have done it. I don't want to see here on the forums someone making a thread about him explaining that he scammed a player. I don't want to be bothered by this and I'm sure you don't want, it's for the good of the community since having scammer wouldn't be a good thing. @Madact

Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh
Well, I've got the same position as Puddin, if this guy scammed ( in this case a lots of money ). Even if he swear that he won't do it again, we can't be sure of that. And as Puddin said, he gave back items because he got caught else he wouldn't have done it. I don't want to see here on the forums someone making a thread about him explaining that he scammed a player. I don't want to be bothered by this and I'm sure you don't want, it's for the good of the community since having scammer wouldn't be a good thing. @Madact
Is it a thing to ignore the appealer? You seem so confident saying that I wouldn't have given it back without being caught even though I stated that was the least of my concerns.,passing me off as a liar for good is quite annoying. Further what you're stating here is the exact reason why I got my tag reduced to caution,and didn't get it removed,in the first place no one would trust someone with a caution tag in any risky trade (I know I wouldn't) and so if the biggest unusual trading servers have unbanned me I don't see a reason to not get unbanned on more of a gameserver community,which in the first place catches less trading opprotunities let alone high tier ones.

Is it a thing to ignore the appealer?
We're not ignoring you, we read what you said, both here and on the f-o-g forums.
You seem so confident saying that I wouldn't have given it back
Because you wouldn't have. If you didn't get caught, you would've kept gambling away the other person's items and then when you hit rock bottom once more, you'd have just scammed some other sap.
I stated that was the least of my concerns.
People never lie on the internet for personal gain, do they?
passing me off as a liar for good is quite annoying
Isn't a scammer a liar, though? I'm pretty sure this is the case.
Further what you're stating here is the exact reason why I got my tag reduced to caution,and didn't get it removed,in the first place no one would trust someone with a caution tag in any risky trade (I know I wouldn't) and so if the biggest unusual trading servers have unbanned me I don't see a reason to not get unbanned on more of a gameserver community,which in the first place catches less trading opprotunities let alone high tier ones.
You don't seem to understand that the reason we're saying you shouldn't join the community isn't because of trades. Hell, I could care less about trades. If I want something, I buy it. I digress. The reason why we don't want you to join our community is because of trust. The ability to be able to trust someone and not worry every 2 seconds about what they're doing is very important. You broke that trust when you decided to, lol let's scam because I'm broke hahaha, and that trust doesn't come back just because you apologized.

• Winner
Reactions: Aokigahara
We're not ignoring you, we read what you said, both here and on the f-o-g forums.

Because you wouldn't have. If you didn't get caught, you would've kept gambling away the other person's items and then when you hit rock bottom once more, you'd have just scammed some other sap.

People never lie on the internet for personal gain, do they?

Isn't a scammer a liar, though? I'm pretty sure this is the case.

You don't seem to understand that the reason we're saying you shouldn't join the community isn't because of trades. Hell, I could care less about trades. If I want something, I buy it. I digress. The reason why we don't want you to join our community is because of trust. The ability to be able to trust someone and not worry every 2 seconds about what they're doing is very important. You broke that trust when you decided to, lol let's scam because I'm broke hahaha, and that trust doesn't come back just because you apologized.
That's like saying that someone should be sentenced for life after him stealing something,should someone that stole be trusted? No.,but he can still have the shot to function as a normal person in the society.

That's like saying that someone should be sentenced for life after him stealing something,should someone that stole be trusted? No.,but he can still have the shot to function as a normal person in the society.

I don't understand, are you looking for sympathy? Empathy?

That's great, did you feel any of those when you scammed the other guy? When you decided that your personal gains were more important that someone else's?

That's a pretty good analogy you've got there. Except for the little thing that happens when a little thief steals a little valuable little thing. They go to jail. And I'm pretty sure they don't get to say sorry afterwards. Hell, maybe they do. Does that apology matter? No.

Neither does yours.

So looking at several things here concerning the ban and reasoning from several sides here. Personally I do no believe someone should be unbanned if they've done something severe which @Byakuran has done to someone. Not only have you scammed someone (which you did repay) out of a large amount.

Regardless the reason of why you scammed someone is not important to me, especially with a plea of "I was feeling lost after losing everything", does not mean we will be more than willing to welcome you in this community as you are pegged as a thief. Thieves are a hindrance and detrimental to this community as not only do you promote a bad atmosphere for game play but as @Puddin stated "The ability to be able to trust someone and not worry every 2 seconds about what they're doing is very important. ". If you are unbanned then we will have to keep a constant eye on you to make sure not only you are following the rules as dictated but others when it comes to harassment towards you due to the nature of your ban.

@Byakuran I am how ever glad you repaid your debt to help your case and that shows a sign of maturity but the fact remains you did something despicable to another person just because YOU, not anyone else, chose to gamble and lost big time. I'm solely against an unban off of that pure fact that this can happen again as gambling is a very bad and addictive habit. What happens say a few months from now if you get unbanned and continue your habitual gambling and lose big again? What chaos control will we have to implement to combat people following you for your actions just so there is no disturbance to our fellow Pandas?

I say your caution needs to be removed from FoG prior to us allowing you back within our community that way not only do you have time to think on what you did, which is a premeditated assault on another being due to your life style mistake, but to grow trust within other communities and SteamRep prior to coming back to us.

• Agree
Reactions: Tsumiki and :OP: D
I don't understand, are you looking for sympathy? Empathy?

That's great, did you feel any of those when you scammed the other guy? When you decided that your personal gains were more important that someone else's?

That's a pretty good analogy you've got there. Except for the little thing that happens when a little thief steals a little valuable little thing. They go to jail. And I'm pretty sure they don't get to say sorry afterwards. Hell, maybe they do. Does that apology matter? No.

Neither does yours.
Empathy? Sympathy? What implied I'm ever looking for that? My analogy stands,as I'd argue that a tag is practically jail,I've been tagged for two months and got freed prematurely due to several reasons. Not giving second chances seem unreasonable to me. Once again I state that I did feel empathy and sympathy towards the guy,and that's the main reason I gave the items back.,can you mindlessly claim that I'm lying for self gain? Of course! That can be said about anything,however it can't stand on this professional platform as a solid arguement against my appeal.

Reactions: Viking34
So looking at several things here concerning the ban and reasoning from several sides here. Personally I do no believe someone should be unbanned if they've done something severe which @Byakuran has done to someone. Not only have you scammed someone (which you did repay) out of a large amount.

Regardless the reason of why you scammed someone is not important to me, especially with a plea of "I was feeling lost after losing everything", does not mean we will be more than willing to welcome you in this community as you are pegged as a thief. Thieves are a hindrance and detrimental to this community as not only do you promote a bad atmosphere for game play but as @Puddin stated "The ability to be able to trust someone and not worry every 2 seconds about what they're doing is very important. ". If you are unbanned then we will have to keep a constant eye on you to make sure not only you are following the rules as dictated but others when it comes to harassment towards you due to the nature of your ban.

@Byakuran I am how ever glad you repaid your debt to help your case and that shows a sign of maturity but the fact remains you did something despicable to another person just because YOU, not anyone else, chose to gamble and lost big time. I'm solely against an unban off of that pure fact that this can happen again as gambling is a very bad and addictive habit. What happens say a few months from now if you get unbanned and continue your habitual gambling and lose big again? What chaos control will we have to implement to combat people following you for your actions just so there is no disturbance to our fellow Pandas?

I say your caution needs to be removed from FoG prior to us allowing you back within our community that way not only do you have time to think on what you did, which is a premeditated assault on another being due to your life style mistake, but to grow trust within other communities and SteamRep prior to coming back to us.
*Pardon the double post,having trouble with my phone
This seems semi fair,while I could suggest something along the lines of getting a mute and gag until I appeal the caution as means of protecting the community from me to "harm" the atmosphere and/or the community.

I just wanted to remind you guys that you can't say he is lying about his feelings. Unless, of course, you can proof it. No matter how unlikely it is.

Regardless of that, I don't see the reason to unban you. You have scammed someone, you might have given some of the stuff back but that doesn't make your crime vanish. The reduction of the tag to caution is in my opinion not enough.

I just wanted to remind you guys that you can't say he is lying about his feelings. Unless, of course, you can proof it. No matter how unlikely it is.

Regardless of that, I don't see the reason to unban you. You have scammed someone, you might have given some of the stuff back but that doesn't make your crime vanish. The reduction of the tag to caution is in my opinion not enough.
Pardon,I didn't give some of his stuff back,I've fully refunded him with better unusuals,I've given back roughly 100 keys more than what scammed as compensation as well,regardless to that the caution tag was made to warn you of people that may or may not do something harmful,not as means of saying that this guy will without a doubt do something harmful,.there is no need to completely shut me out. May I ask what do you think of the idea I stated in my previous comment,as "may or may not" is likely not enough to trust me

Like the guy with the weird orange name said, in 10 months, apply to get your tag fully removed, get accepted and then re-do your unban appeal here. I'm sure the admins here would be glad to further discuss your case.

If you still care enough, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread