GentleSpy rework? (1 Viewer)

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Alright so, as im the one who balances the Hales out, doing some updates on them or even weapons if necessary and other stuff in FF2, i would like to know if you guys would like to see a rework for GentleSpy, he will be a bit different, by that i mean Ability wise.
No more Rage Teleport, A Gun on Rage and a odd normal Teleport he has after every 40 secs

What i want to change is:
Give him a Point Teleporter that is reuseable after every 12 seconds with a low range, obviously a 3-4 seconds attack delay to prevent unfair experiences.
Give him a STRONG Knife that deals 270+ damage or more BUT when he succesfully hit someone, he gets a Ambassador with 3 Clips and minicrits for X seconds. (To know if hes holding the Strong Knife: The Knife will have the Burning Flames effect)

Why i want to do this is
1. To prevent delaying rounds as Snipers can Climb and can escape Teleportation Hales too easy
2. Hes pretty boring and not special in any way of

Not doing a poll yet as we maybe want to discuss the changes i want to make
I only want the Regulars in FF2 to comment as they have experienced how GentleSpy is

Seems good to me, current version of GentleSpy is a bit boring so a rework would be interesting.

Honestly i don't think reworking him entirely is necessary but he definitely needs some changes.

The most op thing about him is that he can use his rage too frequently and is able to wipe out half of the team with it, plus he's ubered for far too long after he rages. Point teleport would be good to see since his movement is limited and snipers can climb walls now.

My take on this:
- reduce the rate at which he gains rage so he doesn't spam E
- lower the time of his uber to 1 / 2 seconds or disable it entirely
- give him a point tp like you suggested

weapon on kill hit seems too overpowered to me, but maybe i'm wrong.

Honestly i don't think reworking him entirely is necessary but he definitely needs some changes.

The most op thing about him is that he can use his rage too frequently and is able to wipe out half of the team with it, plus he's ubered for far too long after he rages. Point teleport would be good to see since his movement is limited and snipers can climb walls now.

My take on this:
- reduce the rate at which he gains rage so he doesn't spam E
- lower the time of his uber to 1 / 2 seconds or disable it entirely
- give him a point tp like you suggested

weapon on kill hit seems too overpowered to me, but maybe i'm wrong.
the knife disappears on hit no matter what

• Informative
Reactions: Texan
Okay so i think some ppl might not understand what i meant with the Ambassador and strong knife
GentleSpy gets a knife on rage that gives him a Ambassador when he hits someone, the knife disappears after hitting someone and will get replaced with his Main knife

• Informative
Reactions: Texan
i dont think the strong knife is necessary just regular ambassador on rage is fine, but the point and click tele and lower uber time is a good idea. The stronger knife just doesn't fit the theme of 'gentlespy' at all
If you want to make him unique though, you could make his knife do less damage (like 190) but slows on hit, give it a more unique feel compared to the rest of the ff2 crew.

i dont think the strong knife is necessary just regular ambassador on rage is fine, but the point and click tele and lower uber time is a good idea. The stronger knife just doesn't fit the theme of 'gentlespy' at all
If you want to make him unique though, you could make his knife do less damage (like 190) but slows on hit, give it a more unique feel compared to the rest of the ff2 crew.
How is it unique when he does 190 dmg? His damage atm is 166+ or smthing and rage means death most likely, so i want to implent the Knife that also rewards the Hale with minicrits for a few seconds and a Ambassador with some Clips and slowness on hit isnt a good idea either

the unique is the slow, havent seen others do that on hit. and again, the knife makes zero sense on him, just name him something along the lines like "overkill spy" at that point if you are wanting to add that so badly lol. honestly saw no real issues when I played exclusively ff2, see real no need to overhaul him this much and just adding the point and click tele should be sufficient

the unique is the slow, havent seen others do that on hit. and again, the knife makes zero sense on him, just name him something along the lines like "overkill spy" at that point if you are wanting to add that so badly lol. honestly saw no real issues when I played exclusively ff2, see real no need to overhaul him this much and just adding the point and click tele should be sufficient
Its about the Gameplay, and the current gameplay u see from the GentleSpy is boring as hell and not special in any way, I could not add the knife but hes supposed to be a deadly hale but not too op and just giving him a gun on Rage is dumb ngl, u dont have to do anything to get that, i preferably let the hale do smthing to get his reward than just on a rage

Its about the Gameplay, and the current gameplay u see from the GentleSpy is boring as hell and not special in any way,

i preferably let the hale do smthing to get his reward than just on a rage
for the 2 points:
yes his gameplay is not that unique but it works and works well, but if you are wanting to change him maybe make it something involving his name then? you got a lot of options with a name like gentle :^)

and for the other part, i dont think any current hale on the server gets something new without raging? correct me if i'm wrong on this

for the 2 points:
yes his gameplay is not that unique but it works and works well, but if you are wanting to change him maybe make it something involving his name then? you got a lot of options with a name like gentle :^)

and for the other part, i dont think any current hale on the server gets something new without raging? correct me if i'm wrong on this
Yep no hale gets something new without Raging and thats already gameplay changing and makes him more unique than the most hales that get a gun on rage and thats why i want to do it badly and aswell to see how it will go, i will probably do it once enough regulars have told their opinions on this if they like it or not

Yep no hale gets something new without Raging and thats already gameplay changing and makes him more unique than the most hales that get a gun on rage and thats why i want to do it badly and aswell to see how it will go, i will probably do it once enough regulars have told their opinions on this if they like it or not
can you possibly code where if he gets a backstab he gets the ambassador with like 3 shots? that could be a good adjustment I would be happy with

can you possibly code where if he gets a backstab he gets the ambassador with like 3 shots? that could be a good one I would be happy with
I can do that, maybe i change his rage into this:
Since a backstab counts as a Crit hit, his stronger knife will do a crit hit instead of 270 straight up, which will give him ammo for his Ambassador
A Passive thing: When he backstabs someone, he gets minicrits for 3 seconds and ammo for his Ambassador

i can see something already conflicting though, wont the rage knife just keep giving him ammo every time he kills someone then? dont think we want a repeat of spyper with infinite ammo just sniping people across the map. you can add something to the rage for sure since i dont think people will be that good getting backstabs (atleast 3-6 rounds) but if you want to give him a stronger knife on rage, make it only last like 10-15 seconds. (or make him just receive minicrits on rage so his damage his around 270) dont think he needs minicrits too on backstab, just seems overkill and unneeded

i can see something already conflicting though, wont the rage knife just keep giving him ammo every time he kills someone then? you can add something to the rage for sure since i dont think people will be that good getting backstabs (atleast 3-6 rounds) but if you want to give him a stronger knife on rage, make it only last like 10-15 seconds. (or make him just receive minicrits on rage so his damage his around 270) dont think he needs minicrits too on backstab, just seems overkill and unneeded
The KNIFE disappears on hit as i said before, its only for once on each rage

Oh and the knife will only last for 8 secs not permanently so its gone if he didnt hit anyone

that would be fine, maybe make it have more knockback as well? if you make it the normal damage and considered a crit/minicrit, it wouldnt be a bad idea either since battalions backups soldiers would be able to live the hit then but the knockback could have a chance to kill them due to fall damage, idk if the knockback is needed but could be funny

Its about the Gameplay, and the current gameplay u see from the GentleSpy is boring as hell and not special in any way, I could not add the knife but hes supposed to be a deadly hale but not too op and just giving him a gun on Rage is dumb ngl, u dont have to do anything to get that, i preferably let the hale do smthing to get his reward than just on a rage
He's boring if you played him for 300th time already (which you and me probably did after after playing ff2 for god knows how long), but for new players hes more than perfect to get a handle of. I still think that adding more convoluted abilities to the already well established bosses like gentle will only overwhelm new players than do any good.

• Agree
Reactions: Spam Goose

Users who are viewing this thread