Completed FF2 - Sniper balance suggestion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

real >:3

Hello.
After the previous FF2 update the damage of all sniper rifles was reduced by 33%.

It seems like this change was too much, because now players either don't play sniper at all, or use huntsman or fortified compound.

Possible solutions:

- Return damage to normal numbers (150-450).

- Reduce knockback given to hale by a hit from rifle.

I would really like these changes to be implemented, sniper rifles are pretty much almost useless after the update. Most snipers I see play with either Huntsman or Fortified Compound now, and those who play with normal snipers rifles barely get any damage.

I added a poll that will close in 2 weeks, please vote within that time.

Tagging some FF2 regulars that could be interested in this: @Darky @Aces @UberMedicFully @BreadandYeast @Texan @Chupa @BrAvO @blood3y @Blue Flame @a tomato

Im against reverting the change, it was nerfed in the first place because sniper was so busted. I played Sniper enough in the new update and im doing a good amount of damage around to 2.5k.
Sniper Rifles are not even close to be useless, just because you are not doing like 450 damage on a bodyshot. If you crit hit, you will get a 450 damage, bodyshot is 350 full charged however.
No scopes are 150.

• Agree
Reactions: BreadandYeast
Sniper still does alot of dmg for little risk.

I know you two hate playing against snipers and that's partially the reason why you're against those buffs, but we can't ignore the fact that i can deal more damage playing as spy w/stock revolver only than sniper in its current state. Every other active FF2/VSH server i know of has and always had normal 150-450 damage range for sniper, but for whatever reason this FF2 server is the exception?

Sniper still does alot of dmg for little risk.
I mean he is the sniper, he shouldn't be getting in risky positions to get hits in lol, but totally agree with Texan, this is the only server I've seen that's reduced the damage, and sounds like it isn't working for the majority already

Reactions: Texan
we can't ignore the fact that i can deal more damage playing as spy w/stock revolver only than sniper in its current state.
Have you considered that your not good with sniper then if that is true and not hyperbole? I also don't get whats wrong with being the only server that has lowered sniper damage but ok.

I'll play some normal sniper to see for myself just to see how terrible this -100 damage nerf was, even though the maths can be done in your head. Average 10 charged shots per round went from 4500 damage to 3500 damage, omg my favowite cwass wuined :((((

• Agree
Reactions: UberMedicFully
Thanks, Kruphixx, for still counting me as a regular, even though I took small break from video games.
My opinion on this situation is, to return back the normal damage per single hit, and also to reduce the knockback.

I see that everyone has different decision on this topic, but I'll explain myself why do I think like that.
I think the majority will agree with me that, the thing which makes one sniper player annoying, is more likely the big knockback, instead of the damage. Since the damage was nerfed, personally I (and other people as well) don't feel satisfied playing as sniper with sniper rifles, because as expected, the damage is nerfed, and it might not sound that bad going from 450 to 350 on full shot and from 150 to 100 on quick shot, but the point of Freak Fortress is about doing damage and having fun, as well as helping your team at the same time by dealing damage, that's how you beat those hales and win the rounds, that's the main goal.
The sniper class, in general, is a hard class (except if they are playing on big maps, but even if they are playing on those maps, they can be easily targeted, and killed with the help of teleportation, super jump and etc.), and thanks to the new feature, with which if you hit with melee, you can do a big jump with sniper, it's still not guaranteed that you'll escape but it definitely helps with the movement part of the character. However, I would say it's better the OG damage to come back with decreased knockback, and with that everyone will be more satisfied with the sniper rifles, people won't complain about how broken this class is, when there isn't a big knockback, and the sniper class will be more played again.

A thing to point is that people play sniper most likely, when they are on a big map (example: vsh_dustshowdown_panda), but on medium - small maps, there are barely any snipers with sniper rifles, which means if the knockback is reduced, but the damage is back, it won't cause that much problem for the hales on any map, because at least they will move better on both the sky and the ground, instead of flying in different dimensions around the map.

Am fine with the dialectic route of reverting the damage but reducing the knockback, the sniper is rewarded for hitting his charged shots and the hale is punished less for existing in a sniper sightline during a skirmish, seems fair.

Playing sniper right now, I deal an average of 3K damage per round.

Have you considered that your not good with sniper then if that is true and not hyperbole?

Never considered myself a good sniper to begin with, i play the game casually like many other people here. I just want to have fun playing as sniper even if i'm a total noob. Currently "have fun" part is not possible

I also don't get whats wrong with being the only server that has lowered sniper damage but ok.

No other ACTIVE FF2/VSH server has this type of balance change implemented because it just doesn't work.

I'll play some normal sniper to see for myself just to see how terrible this -100 damage nerf was, even though the maths can be done in your head. Average 10 charged shots per round went from 4500 damage to 3500 damage, omg my favowite cwass wuined :((((

You call these type of balance changes "good" but your server is/was empty all the time? Perhaps this is a part of the problem? Maybe a skilled breado like you will do it, but your average sniper player won't do 10 charged shots in one round unless it's dustshowdown, just saying.

Never considered myself a good sniper to begin with, i play the game casually like many other people here. I just want to have fun playing as sniper even if i'm a total noob. Currently "have fun" part is not possible

Well I dont know how adding 100 extra damage will help you 'enjoy' sniper if you cant hit any shots to begin with :I

No other ACTIVE FF2/VSH server has this type of balance change implemented because it just doesn't work.
So the 3 active european servers who only have minor changes once every 3 years and are directly managed by owners who have 3 minutes of playtime on FF2 and VSH.

You call these type of balance changes "good" but your server is/was empty all the time? Perhaps this is a part of the problem? Maybe a skilled breado like you will do it, but your average sniper player won't do 10 charged shots in one round unless it's dustshowdown, just saying.
My server was an experiment out of spare time, I did not use commercial hosting services or paid any third-party to set it up, I configured and created it as my own FF2 sandbox to play around with it and maybe have some folks over to play in it. I only hosted it when I made an announcement or was testing something, not once was it on true 24/7, I didn't even change sniper damage values in it so it cant even brought up as an example, unless you are trying to dispute my personal judgement? I also know not everyone is Quake Pro but hitting bodyshots as sniper is the most basic FPS skill possible outside of movement, if you cant hit shots then you need to keep playing and improve or play something more 'casual', not go on the forums and ask for an aimbot.

Well I dont know how adding 100 extra damage will help you 'enjoy' sniper if you cant hit any shots to begin with :I
It will :D
So the 3 active european servers who only have minor changes once every 3 years
Good, because they don't need any changes imo.
My server was an experiment out of spare time, I did not use commercial hosting services or paid any third-party to set it up, I configured and created it as my own FF2 sandbox to play around with it and maybe have some folks over to play in it. I only hosted it when I made an announcement or was testing something, not once was it on true 24/7, I didn't even change sniper damage values in it so it cant even brought up as an example, unless you are trying to dispute my personal judgement? I also know not everyone is Quake Pro but hitting bodyshots as sniper is the most basic FPS skill possible outside of movement, if you cant hit shots then you need to keep playing and improve or play something more 'casual', not go on the forums and ask for an aimbot.
Sorry, since you seem very eager to keep those sniper damage values i just assumed that you had those on your server, seems like it isn't the case, pardon me man.
I thought tf2 is a casual game by design? :thinking:

And who's asking for an aimbot? did i missed something?

20220419181025_1.jpg

Majority is in favor of implementing both suggested changes (increased sniper damage + reduced knockback)

Task #232 - Changes to Sniper on FF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread