Awaiting Feedback [FF2] Remove or nerf Fat Scout & Bison/Escape Plan strats (1 Viewer)

What to do?

• Nerf the Family Business (Comment below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nerf the Bison (Comment below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jiji

There are currently two incredibly annoying strats on the server that I think need to be handled in some way. You can guess what Fat Scout is, if you have a Family Business equipped you gain faster movement speed the fire rate is also a bit faster.
Bison/Escape plan strat is similiar in a way, the Bison grants faster movement speed and also has a faster fire rate.

The bison strat goes like this - you hurt yourself until you have 10hp or less, and that's it. Thanks to the Escape Plan you can now move around the map at super speed, occasionally stopping to fire at the boss with the Bison.

The Fat Scout - Already mentioned what the Family Business does above, but combined with the KGB you can also tank several hits, and you get healed a bit every time you hit the boss.

What's the problem? Most of the time, this strat is just used to stall the round. With both of those strats you don't deal that much damage too, so rounds can sometimes last a while, with the boss constantly chasing the last player alive. I can't be the only one who thinks it's incredibly annoying.

Both of these strats weren't in any way voted on on the forums, I think there was some kind of thread in the FF2 subforum but there still wasn't any poll on it.

Just my take on this. I suggest either a removal or some kind of nerf. Most FF2 regulars probably won't agree with me on this but it's worth trying.

I've talked about my dislike for the mobility creep before with the family business kgb combo, bison escape plan isn't near enough as a problem in comparison since certain hales can bypass this with rages that're not just stuns but a hale that doesn't have a stun on rage usually isn't gravitated towards due to certain classes being made harder to kill just alone from not having a stun, due to strong mobility options (rocket jumping, loose cannon jumping, quickiebomb launcher booties combo).
people will probably refuse the changes for family business because it's "fun" and people seem to like strong defensive capabilities despite the really low damage output of the kgb fatscout build to that of an amped brass beast heavy or the bison being incredibly unreliable (direct hit used to be better when backup was busted or iirc values allowing for easier juggling but god knows if memory is serving me well). (this wasn't a issue on a server I used to play on, for kgb heavies damage output was higher and had a slight movement speed bonus, no secondary bullshit other than the sandvich being a medium health kit on demand) besides that, mobility creeping any class makes playing hale annoying since a majority of the hales don't have secondary on demand mobility abilities (piss cakehole, dic) which makes chasing these subclasses a chore since their damage output is laughable.
still I've yet to see people suggest nerfing scottish resistance fat stacking.

• Agree
Reactions: Jiji

Users who are viewing this thread