Declined [FF2] New Weighdown needs To Go On Some Bosses (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

As of now, the new weighdown on hales has a delay for some reason. While the change is good for some of the hales, others are straight up nerfed (all the instant weighdown bosses). The change is alright on bosses that didn't have a working weighdown, but bosses that had the weighdown working instantly are unplayable now. My experience with ass pancakes through all of my time playing was that weighdown carried that hale similarily to other bosses, but now that it's changed, the bosses got nerfed.

Change: Remove the delay of weighdown on : Ass pancakes, Human Sentry Buster, Hatsune Miku, Handsome Jack, Administrator and keep the delayed weighdown on the rest.

My point is that Ass Pancakes, Jack and others relied on the weighdown so much that it was the main part of their playstyles (if you haven't played any of insta weighdown bosses for an extended period of time, you don't really have a point against this).

I cannot agree on giving any boss a insta weighdown, it's too powerful and had lack of reaction timing for many players.
Doesnt matter what boss it is, it shouldn't be a thing and never will be, I rather buff the bosses than to rely on a insta weighdown.

I cannot agree on giving any boss a insta weighdown, it's too powerful and had lack of reaction timing for many players.
Doesnt matter what boss it is, it shouldn't be a thing and never will be, I rather buff the bosses than to rely on a insta weighdown.
That's the thing. They relied on the instant weighdown, because they lack any power outside of that. Most notably ass pancakes

That's the thing. They relied on the instant weighdown, because they lack any power outside of that.
Any of those bosses have their own strength that shouldn't be relying on a insta weighdown.
Goomba stomping is a thing btw and is a Instakill which many liked to abuse.
Insta Weighdowns basically gave you a free win in the most cases when the boss was used right.

Right, there's only one possible boss that could use the instant weightdown - The Administrator. But even then that simply cuts off the direct hit combos and lets her stay out of the air for a second longer, while she still keeps the gun, the mercs and the point teleport, I think she can live. I suppose.
Now then with the other bosses:

Ass Pancakes, your main - You really see the 1 second delay a dealbreaker when he deal a good 180-200 per pretty fast swing, speedswing uber and super jump while having about 1.1k hp per person? I find it rather odd that removing the easier way to instakill anyone non ubered is what makes call the boss bad.

Hatsune Miku - This one might also be intended for instant weightdown, judging from the third ability - infinite double jumps. But that ability uses almost all the stocked rage while she still makes people dance defenselessly like the raptor and daft punk as well a ranged option of the cleaver, rewarding predicted aiming, as well as dealing the classic 202 dmg. The "anime" girl can handle it, even if she's generally weak.

Handsome jack - Ah yes, the guy that can cloak and get randomized guns and buffs needs his weightdown to be instant so that people can't react fast enough even more. Sure sentries stay cool if pyros catch him, but once that falls, so will the engies from his 202 dmg strikes.

The Human Sentry Buster doesn't strike me as a leap frog, but a... thing... that goes kaboom. Sure the lack of stun lets others escape the big blast most of the time, but don't forget that this creature blows up through walls, and most of the time, people can't expect that, as well as his 60 dmg explosion with the base damage he has with his caber-in-the-mouth attack

Oh let's not forget the one boss that had instant weightdown you didn't mention - Female Pyro. It's rare of course, cuss people just didn't think she'd need to be a leap frog. I only know one guy that used that move with malicious glee... Probably. But she's still a 202 dmg boss with a ranged option and stun. So I can see why you didn't count her for this list.
Overall, the bosses won't become unplayable without this gimmick, that I can assure you.

• Agree
Reactions: UberMedicFully
Any of those bosses have their own strength that shouldn't be relying on a insta weighdown.
Goomba stomping is a thing btw and is a Instakill which many liked to abuse.
Insta Weighdowns basically gave you a free win in the most cases when the boss was used right.
When you have a boss like ass pancakes and remove the weighdown, it's now just painis cupcake but with a double jump because of how similar they are.
Jack has his ablilities, Admin has her rage, Human SB has his rage aswell but Ass Pancakes doesn't have anything special about him outside of the weighdown he used to have.

When you have a boss like ass pancakes and remove the weighdown, it's now just painis cupcake but with a double jump because of how similar they are.
Jack has his ablilities, Admin has her rage, Human SB has his rage aswell but Ass Pancakes doesn't have anything special about him outside of the weighdown he used to have.
I have ideas how to make him more unique tho it's gonna be delayed because i have a few other things to do.
I won't bring Insta Weighdowns back for very good reasons.

Right, there's only one possible boss that could use the instant weightdown - The Administrator. But even then that simply cuts off the direct hit combos and lets her stay out of the air for a second longer, while she still keeps the gun, the mercs and the point teleport, I think she can live. I suppose.
Now then with the other bosses:

Ass Pancakes, your main - You really see the 1 second delay a dealbreaker when he deal a good 180-200 per pretty fast swing, speedswing uber and super jump while having about 1.1k hp per person? I find it rather odd that removing the easier way to instakill anyone non ubered is what makes call the boss bad.

Hatsune Miku - This one might also be intended for instant weightdown, judging from the third ability - infinite double jumps. But that ability uses almost all the stocked rage while she still makes people dance defenselessly like the raptor and daft punk as well a ranged option of the cleaver, rewarding predicted aiming, as well as dealing the classic 202 dmg. The "anime" girl can handle it, even if she's generally weak.

Handsome jack - Ah yes, the guy that can cloak and get randomized guns and buffs needs his weightdown to be instant so that people can't react fast enough even more. Sure sentries stay cool if pyros catch him, but once that falls, so will the engies from his 202 dmg strikes.

The Human Sentry Buster doesn't strike me as a leap frog, but a... thing... that goes kaboom. Sure the lack of stun lets others escape the big blast most of the time, but don't forget that this creature blows up through walls, and most of the time, people can't expect that, as well as his 60 dmg explosion with the base damage he has with his caber-in-the-mouth attack

Oh let's not forget the one boss that had instant weightdown you didn't mention - Female Pyro. It's rare of course, cuss people just didn't think she'd need to be a leap frog. I only know one guy that used that move with malicious glee... Probably. But she's still a 202 dmg boss with a ranged option and stun. So I can see why you didn't count her for this list.
Overall, the bosses won't become unplayable without this gimmick, that I can assure you.
The only one i'll argue about is Ass Pancakes, yes the faster swing is there but when you would kill anything else with 1 hit as another hale, it doesn't matter with Ass Pancakes actually dealing around 160~ damage per hit and the hitreg being jank with the swing speed, The uber swing speed makes him deal VERY little damage and being practically a downgrade to his normal melee. The weighdown on him is the most controversial thing, so that's something i won't talk about except that he has a hard time dealing consistent damage so he got value out of instakills more than any other boss.

I'm quite mixed on the topic at hand, however, the insta-weightdown as said by Uber is sadly too unreactable to the point where deaths happen in a very unfair manner.

The very simple solution (to the suggestion) is to buff all said hales to some degree in other departments.
Health, Damage, etc. (Suppose whatever arrangement comes out of this)

No reason to get all emotional about the uniqueness of certain Hales!

I think the concerns about balance over instant weighdown are a bit overstated frankly.
Instant weighdown has been part of many of these bosses for over a decade. In that time, I don't recall many complaints about weighdown because the bosses are balanced around this powerful ability.
Times change and we do have more complicated hales with fairer mechanics but the affected bosses should have been rebalanced before any change to a core mechanic.
Ass pancakes, Piss cakehole & miku to a lesser extent have all been hit very hard by this change. I do agree with handsome jack though, he has enough strength.

Were these changes polled?
This server already has an issue where Reds win 80% of the time and most newer players just don't bother playing hale as they will get stomped instantly, so I really don't think this is warranted without serious changes to the bosses it nerfs.

Screenshot 2023-02-17 141256.png

Declined due to poll results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread