Declined [FF2] Nerf Sniper damage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Hi,

I basically see no reason to keep Snipers damage on 450 on a full charge 518 with the machina. Its damage is too much in my opinion and doesnt deserve so much damage by just camping at one spot, basically takes no risk and gets such high reward.
And either way, 450 damage on any range? eh...
My nerf would be 350 on a body shot but 500+ on a headshot, basically more damage on a headshot than a bodyshot.

OR suggested by @Kruphixx damage fall off. The closer the Hale is the more damage will be done, so basically 450 dmg on close range, high risk high reward.

Yeah as I already suggested damage fall off would be the perfect solution imo, would probably satisfy both sides.

Damage fall off is a bad idea because 150 damage is not "high reward" for amount of risk. Why not just play demonight or spy for close range combat, or maybe using bow? It will be much more efficent and reasonable. As for higher headshot damage, its not the worst idea but why to overcomplicate things? A lot of hales dont match their head hitboxes, and i dont think 500+ worth going for headshot. Imo 450 is just fine, Sniper is easy to target and has class limit so it doesnt require change. Its better on some maps, worse on others and its just fine.

Damage fall off is a bad idea because 150 damage is not "high reward" for amount of risk. Why not just play demonight or spy for close range combat, or maybe using bow? It will be much more efficent and reasonable. As for higher headshot damage, its not the worst idea but why to overcomplicate things? A lot of hales dont match their head hitboxes, and i dont think 500+ worth going for headshot. Imo 450 is just fine, Sniper is easy to target and has class limit so it doesnt require change. Its better on some maps, worse on others and its just fine.
450 for a bodyshot isnt reasonable at all, therefor, you can be at any spot and have wall climbs too, Sniper is not easy to target since the Knockback reduction isnt functioning sadly @Kevin and you will basically have 4 Snipers including donators/admins having no class limit and dealing 450 damage by each sniper on a full charge. Snipers end up having 3.5k damage or even more in one single round. Yes, small maps is basically death for Sniper if you use the Rifle.

450 for a bodyshot isnt reasonable at all, therefor, you can be at any spot and have wall climbs too, Sniper is not easy to target since the Knockback reduction isnt functioning sadly @Kevin and you will basically have 4 Snipers including donators/admins having no class limit and dealing 450 damage by each sniper on a full charge. Snipers end up having 3.5k damage or even more in one single round. Yes, small maps is basically death for Sniper if you use the Rifle.
Nvm, the last statement wasn't completely correct. Yeah the sniper needs a change but I feel like it should be knockback if possible. The damage is only unreasonable thanks to the sniper being able to easily knock away the hale. On vsh it's also a problem, but way worse thanks to the hales being way weaker

Vsh as well please

Nvm, the last statement wasn't completely correct. Yeah the sniper needs a change but I feel like it should be knockback if possible. The damage is only unreasonable thanks to the sniper being able to easily knock away the hale. On vsh it's also a problem, but way worse thanks to the hales being way weaker
Did you even read my message, the knockback change doesnt even work thats why the dmg nerf in the first place aswell.

Did you even read my message, the knockback change doesnt even work thats why the dmg nerf in the first place aswell.
Yes I read it bruv... But on ff2 the biggest problem is the knockback, even with the nerfed dmg.

Yes I read it bruv... But on ff2 the biggest problem is the knockback, even with the nerfed dmg.
well yes, but hopefully this will balance thing out at some point

Didn't we had a suggestion about reverting dmg back to 450 and reducing knockback not so long ago and now we want to change it again? So basically the vote we had on the previous suggestion literally doesn't matter. Imo sniper rifle was fine through the entire time this server was up, nobody complained up until now, and if they did they just wanted to set class limit on sniper so there wouldn't be an army of em. Truth is he's a long range damage dealer, nobody in his right mind will try to stay as close to the hale to deal decent damage.

There currently is a more powerful class that should be nerfed because it obliterates bosses in seconds, just saying. All in all am strongly against nerfing sniper

• Wow
Reactions: Chupa
Didn't we had a suggestion about reverting dmg back to 450 and reducing knockback not so long ago and now we want to change it again? So basically the vote we had on the previous suggestion literally doesn't matter. Imo sniper rifle was fine through the entire time this server was up, nobody complained up until now, and if they did they just wanted to set class limit on sniper so there wouldn't be an army of em. Truth is he's a long range damage dealer, nobody in his right mind will try to stay as close to the hale to deal decent damage.

There currently is a more powerful class that should be nerfed because it obliterates bosses in seconds, just saying. All in all am strongly against nerfing sniper
Yes people wanted it reverted but since the knockback change doesnt work, I want to nerf its damage in whatever people vote for, although, im for 350 dmg. Basically high damage and no risk, what a fun class to fight against.
Spy's in the other hand who are far more powerful and deal lot of damage on a backstab are taking risks atleast, still i will see how much damage i can nerf and then make a vote for backstab damage change.

Reactions: Texan
Entire point of the class is to stay behind teammates and deal damage on long distances. Playing sniper is enough of a risk since hale can just focus you and easily kill you. Nerfing sniper to discourage people from picking him just because he's annoying to play against isn't a good idea, or at least I think him being annoying is truly the problem here. One change I would agree upon is to set sniper class limit to 2/3 if possible, instead of 4 like it is now I believe.

• Agree
Reactions: blood3y
Entire point of the class is to stay behind teammates and deal damage on long distances. Playing sniper is enough of a risk since hale can just focus you and easily kill you. Nerfing sniper to discourage people from picking him just because he's annoying to play against isn't a good idea, or at least I think him being annoying is truly the problem here. One change I would agree upon is to set sniper class limit to 2/3 if possible, instead of 4 like it is now I believe.
Indeed its about him being extremely annoying. Yes that's the playstyle sniper has, staying behind ur teammates and being a pain in the ass and dealing so much damage in two shots is just utterly dumb, anyway, i'd be up for a class limit of 2 for Sniper, 4 is too much so is 3.

How about we let the damage how it is at this point but remove the climbing feature. cuz thats the biggest point on saying sniper could be op at this point...
if the sniper couldnt climb on every tree, lamp or something else the damage would be ok since the sniper has to be positioned good to do massive damage. at this point the problem is just that he can sit everywhere and do massive damage thats the problem, not only the damage.

Okay I first voted on damage fall-off but after reading some of the comments I realized it may not be such a good idea, I agree with Texan and Bravo here.

Limiting sniper to 2 or 3 would be a good start. Also doing something to the climbing mechanic would be a good solution too imo, maybe increasing self-damage or adding a delay of some sort.

just do the knockback fix bruh, beside that this class is perfectly fine, gamers on vsh are playing like that since ages with weaker bosses and nobody complaining, ff2 is full of crybabies

• Agree
Reactions: blood3y and Jiji
just do the knockback fix bruh, beside that this class is perfectly fine, gamers on vsh are playing like that since ages with weaker bosses and nobody complaining, ff2 is full of crybabies
No one says anything about it really, but it's part of the reason why 80% of the players /nohale

And thats why they are so bad at the game and start complaining against snipers, cuz they dont even try, they dont train, they dont adapt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread