Declined [FF2] nerf kunai health cap (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

real >:3

Hello. Playing on a server I realised that spy at its qurrent state is the best damage dealer in ff2 and it's fine because playing as spy is always a risk for a player and requires good amount of skill.
However, with conniver's kunai amount of risk drops dramatically, landing backstabs will overheal spy up to 600 hp(highest health in all of ff2), combined with the dead ringer spy becoming unkillable and not fun to play against.
Other knives is never used by experienced players because of kunai`s existance.
My solution is to reduce max health cap from 600, down to 300. It's a soft nerf that, in my opinion, will bring more fairness to fights.

• Haha
Reactions: Chupa
finding this dumb, considering that one spy could only have 600 health (actually it was around 580) if he does 2-3 backstabs at the around same time, and even with that, it's always risky and pretty hard to do.
I am not seeing that as a solution, and the reason why most of the players are using the kunai, is simply because the other knives can't bring anything more interesting or good, the only okay different knife than the kunai, is the "Big earner", because of its boosted speed per backstab. That's pretty much it, all other knives work just as reskins in FF2, and are useless, so nerfing the kunai because it's "unfair", that's completely untrue in my opinion and I am not sure if anyone else has said it either.

Reactions: Ian
I disagree! Any good spy will be careful with his first and second stab, hiding behind corners, or waiting for medic to uber him. I dont find high dps class with 600 hp, easy escape option and high movement speed something fair. Also i think 600 damage cap is unique for ff2, and not used even on panda's vsh server(Not sure). I also think that if something is hard to do, it doesnt means its fair.

Although the kunai stands out from other spy weapons, I am not to believe it is unbalanced. To be fair I dont play Kunai, but I see blood3y's point, before you get on me for not having playtime, I mostly played before the HL reset prior to January 2020, and used to be a regular there under a different name. Nowadays I just play a specific other server for similar gameplay.

I also think that if something is hard to do, it doesnt means its fair.
Okay but about what Sniper? Easy class, doesnt require much of a skill in FF2 in fact that he only needs to camp at one spot in order to do well cause you better stay hidden but this aint a thread about Sniper so back to topic.
Hell no, I see no reason to nerf it's health cap, as Blood3y mentioned, it needs more than 3 stabs in order to reach that amount of overheal or even more than 3 backstabs.

Yes, 3 backstabs is a lot but as i mentioned, any experienced spy will be careful with getting them. After getting those stabs spy is invincible and still can deal a lot of damage. Im just tired seeing spies that destroy hale every round dealing 10k+ damage, this damage amount cant be reached as sniper without goomba stomps and sniper has much worse escape ability and health. I dont want to balance all spy knives, not at all. Even with reduced health cap kunai will be best option and its ok.

To be honest this should be nerfed.Spies literally become backstabbing heavies and that's kind of annoying.

• Dumb
Reactions: blood3y
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread