Declined FF2 Mimicer and Spyper ability fix (1 Viewer)

Should these changes be added.

• Yes - Both Bosses

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Yes - Only Mimicer

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Yes - Only Spyper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Neither bosses

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loli Police

Donator
After the fork changed and some of the boss's abilities were balanced, some of the tx ff2 players and myself have noticed that the Mimicer and Spypers abilities haven't been touched despite being generally unfair given their abilities are used by other bosses that are much fairer. To combat Mimicer's and Spyper's abilities I suggest these changes:

Mimicer:
1. Reduce time slow down on life loss to the level of the ninja spy.
2. Remove blind and increase stun range slightly while reducing stun time by 1 second.

Spyper:
1. Remove the ability to pick up ammo.

2. Reduce ammo count to 5.
3. Change damage of sniper to be that of the revolver when unscoped and the regular sniper when scoped, this will require them to attack while fully charged to be effective.
4. Reduce cloak time to prevent constant hiding.
5. Add a second point teleport.

And we need someone to do these changes. Please source someone to do this otherwise it'll get rejected
@Loli Police

Reactions: LUKE.
After the fork changed and some of the boss's abilities were balanced, some of the tx ff2 players and myself have noticed that the Mimicer and Spypers abilities haven't been touched despite being generally unfair given their abilities are used by other bosses that are much fairer. To combat Mimicer's and Spyper's abilities I suggest these changes:

Mimicer:
2. Remove blind and increase stun range slightly while reducing stun time by 1 second.

Spyper:

3. Change damage of sniper to be that of the revolver when unscoped and the regular sniper when scoped, this will require them to attack while fully charged to be effective.

I don't know how well the 3rd one is gonna work for spyper, I know that you can scale down or up his damage percentage for his AWPer, but Idk about the damage when out of scope, like, I think it has to do something with ff2 (since snipers deal 150 damage when unscoped so it applies for the boss aswell, correct me if i'm wrong tho)
But I think a general nerf is needed for his AWPer, make him deal less damage so that it'll encourage players who play as spyper to HEADSHOT rather than spam bodyshots.

(Couldn't edit my post so)

Following the correct ID attribute effects, limiting cloak duration & ammo is managable. Not sure if those exact changes are OK, if he's gonna be able to pick up ammo, then 5 sounds harsh. But then again, it all boils down to the exact situation the hale is stuck in.

Stocking up more teleports at his disposal would be neat, and will allow him to escape in a situation where all the team is literally ganging on him with little to no ammo to use... (Talking about spyper, saying just incase)

I'll add one more thing.

Imo, mimicer should be the only to recieve a nerf.

The only changes spyper should receive are
  1. Increase cloak drain rate
  2. Limit bullets to 7-10 without being able to pick up any more.

Touching his damage on the AWPer is a major change and would allow players with a few medics to counter him easily.

As far as I know sharptips has volunteered to fix the bosses, so any feedback Sharptips is giving should be met with feedback from the FF2 admin team, otherwise I'll just take what sharptips is doing is what everyone wants.

As far as I know sharptips has volunteered to fix the bosses, so any feedback Sharptips is giving should be met with feedback from the FF2 admin team, otherwise I'll just take what sharptips is doing is what everyone wants.
fair enough
i'll even add a changelog, featuring exactly what was changed so you could compare the two files for yourself (incase I get permission that is, yes.)

Last edited:
since we are already discussing bout fixing bosses, could we fix/nerf handsome jack?
thers pretty much everything wrong with him, ngl. But whats most annoying and op/broken AF is that he can kill youo whilebeehing invis.
his cloaking/declocking takes so long he can literally kill you while beehing invisible

@SharpTips Any update? Was you requesting something or?
I thought we were waiting for the staff to drop their thoughts on me, but *assuming* I can work
then it's simple:
I would simply need the boss's CFGs files, no other files are needed but their configs, the rest of their files are just sounds/materials/models which does not matter.
and only if possible (It's just optional), a server to test spyper's new gun, make sure he can't pick up ammo, etc (assuming I did all the changes as mentioned by OP)
Same goes for Mimicer, it's just a safety measure, I always test my bosses even when changing the slightest value since it sometimes cause other abillities not to work properly and such.
it'll most likely be that I will keep re-editing the boss's configs until they are just about right and working, unless that I get it all done on the first go, so I'll need some way to keep the server adjusting any changes I make to the config files.

I used FileZilla to test MY bosses on Transit Venus's server, I had permission to access his server's files to edit the boss configs every time I needed to make a change, and then restart the server, BUT, if it's too much to ask, then I could just keep re-sending kevin the CFG file that I editted, and he'll have to upload it to his server's files again and restart the server every time I do to make sure the server can receive the newest file that I updated

but i'll need to know what is accepted by the kevin and the ff2 admins to change, make sure they agree to these changes specifically

If you have a changelog go ahead and send it so we can review it I guess.

• Dumb
Reactions: SharpTips and Roar
If you have a changelog go ahead and send it so we can review it I guess.
Pretty sure you add a changelog *after* you change it, and basically release them together, (both update and changelog)
I can't even show you what i'm changing if I don't have the CFG infront of me, so I can't quote anything from the CFG to show exactly what I changed.
Besides, I don't know even know what you want me to change exactly...

Mimicer:

Spyper:

Do I follow this ^? I want to make sure it's agreed.
And again, if me changing the file DIRECTLY to the test server not acceptable, i'll just transfer it to
Me > Kevin/Any FF2 Admin who can access the test server files > Server itself

I don't know if Kevin is willing to share the .ctg files, but it's worth the tag.

@Kevin
Any chance on this happening? Sharptips is more than willing to at least just edit the config files and give them back, no need for ftp access. We can test what he's editted later, but he needs files.
If not, this will have to end up being declined. No one can pull the files other than Kevin

A better solution would be for me to tell kevin what to edit without me having the cfg. Since the CFGs are a no brainer, that means they are easy to edit. But you'd want to test the bosses eitherway

If that's possible that's better for us, Kevin can edit it so long as it's shown what is needed to be changed.
Yup, that is completely fine
But it's still optional to test the bosses on a server, if anyone can do that, that would be great.

I believe we'll have to wait on Kevin for that. Once we have a lot of them, he'll probably do it in one big bulk.
I'll message you when that happens, probably along with Loli police as hes done some changes too.

• Agree
Reactions: SharpTips
I believe we'll have to wait on Kevin for that. Once we have a lot of them, he'll probably do it in one big bulk.
I'll message you when that happens, probably along with Loli police as hes done some changes too.
Alright, good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread