Completed [FF2] Blightcaller (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Blightcaller was fun at first when i released him, but after a good while people have figured out dirty playstyles for him to delay the rounds to oblivion, some rounds even lasted 12 to 15 minutes, we are talking about that dirty.
So, to fix this issue i will suggest 4 options one of them being to remove him completely and give space for a new boss that doesn't reward you for delaying but rather being aggressive eTC.

Option 1:
Remove his Invisibility on Teleport
Make his Abilities need to deal damage to get used
Give him more speed movement

Option 2:
Remove his Invisibility on Teleport
Remove his Rage Menu
Move Diseased Touch and Telekinesis on rage, remove Green Flames.

Option 3:
Remove him lol

Option 4:
Leave the boss as it is

Straight up remove. No need to keep this awful thing people call a boss.

If the rage-menu & invisibility on teleport gets reworked, that should largely fix him. Removal seems unnecessary at that point.
Perhaps making Green Flames available with rage instead of removing would help him out when it comes to teleporting to places he simply cannot access to begin with. (such as crouch areas)

Reactions: Heavy
Straight up remove. No need to keep this awful thing people call a boss.
I disagree with sniper, more boss diversity is nice. What doctor needs is a nerf/rework. As ourtright removal seems kinda of radical as boss has mechanics which can work, they just need tweaked. Main issue of blightcaller was the invisibility on teleport and the general issues of having timed abilities rather than damage dealt abilities as it encourages camping.

Although it appears too late now, I think simply making his existing abilities of flames, invisibility, diseased touch and invincibility damaged based would have been better whilst keeping doctor's abilities the same but forcing the player to attack. And combining some of the abilities like diseased touch with flames would be better than seperate abilities as diseased touch is just countered my medic's healing/pocketing , but combining flames and diseases touch decreases medic's ability to heal and so it gives both abilities greater utility whilst not making both of them together op as their primary role would be to melt through pockets like a pocketed heavy therefore forcing a medic to play more flexibly rather than sticking to Heavy Weapons Guy, with the ability having little impact against trolldiers and other mobile classes like flare pyro. This promotes medics to play with team more. Though what is abundantly clear is that invisibility and teleport must be seperated and perhaps instead the invisibility for the boss can be changed to enable the boss to go invisible for 6 seconds and be able to attack allowing the boss to be better suited at dealing with camper classes whilst the boss is extremely weak to mobile classes.

(Note: if this is considered perhaps add melee speed decrease to make it that the blightcaller is limited in how many times he can swing in that interful of invisibility forcing boss to be descisive and precise with their hits instead of funny invisibility go yatatatatatata tatatatata do be da da da kaboom! kaboom!)

The way I propose an alternative does have its flaws as it mean that mobile classes like scouts or soldiers can delay the round massively, but all teleport bosses suffer from this and so I think this alternative is a better rework than the bland reworked proposed of just scrapping abilities and making blightcaller a generic rage boss compared to what he was before as it gives the tools to a blightcaller boss to be a hard counter to campers but be rather vulnerable to skilled mobile class players as the rounds now with blightcaller will now either be a quick defeat or quick loss.

I disagree with sniper, more boss diversity is nice. What doctor needs is a nerf/rework. As ourtright removal seems kinda of radical as boss has mechanics which can work, they just need tweaked. Main issue of blightcaller was the invisibility on teleport and the general issues of having timed abilities rather than damage dealt abilities as it encourages camping.

Although it appears too late now, I think simply making his existing abilities of flames, invisibility, diseased touch and invincibility damaged based would have been better whilst keeping doctor's abilities the same but forcing the player to attack. And combining some of the abilities like diseased touch with flames would be better than seperate abilities as diseased touch is just countered my medic's healing/pocketing , but combining flames and diseases touch decreases medic's ability to heal and so it gives both abilities greater utility whilst not making both of them together op as their primary role would be to melt through pockets like a pocketed heavy therefore forcing a medic to play more flexibly rather than sticking to Heavy Weapons Guy, with the ability having little impact against trolldiers and other mobile classes like flare pyro. This promotes medics to play with team more. Though what is abundantly clear is that invisibility and teleport must be seperated and perhaps instead the invisibility for the boss can be changed to enable the boss to go invisible for 6 seconds and be able to attack allowing the boss to be better suited at dealing with camper classes whilst the boss is extremely weak to mobile classes.

(Note: if this is considered perhaps add melee speed decrease to make it that the blightcaller is limited in how many times he can swing in that interful of invisibility forcing boss to be descisive and precise with their hits instead of funny invisibility go yatatatatatata tatatatata do be da da da kaboom! kaboom!)

The way I propose an alternative does have its flaws as it mean that mobile classes like scouts or soldiers can delay the round massively, but all teleport bosses suffer from this and so I think this alternative is a better rework than the bland reworked proposed of just scrapping abilities and making blightcaller a generic rage boss compared to what he was before as it gives the tools to a blightcaller boss to be a hard counter to campers but be rather vulnerable to skilled mobile class players as the rounds now with blightcaller will now either be a quick defeat or quick loss.
Heavy Weapons Guy thinks he should specify invisibility should be it's own ability, and invisibilty should require a lot of damage to have been dealt, whilst diseasesed touch and flame should be the least expensive (but still moderately high) and invincibility in-between.

If the rage-menu & invisibility on teleport gets reworked, that should largely fix him. Removal seems unnecessary at that point.
Perhaps making Green Flames available with rage instead of removing would help him out when it comes to teleporting to places he simply cannot access to begin with. (such as crouch areas)
I agree to this.
Though, i think removing his Teleporter would be for the best as the ability itself is broken, a Super Jump could do.

Removing the hale would be better since it could make way for something more interesting than a hale with a glorified uber, instant small aoe ion cannon with burning tick damage and a prolonged bleed that's honestly not that scary when you understand that health kits are a soft reset for it. despite the melee being already designed to kill most soft health classes, then becoming more boring by becoming another super jump hale.
like wise it would make way for something more interesting, like gambler, no irony.

I agree to this.
Though, i think removing his Teleporter would be for the best as the ability itself is broken, a Super Jump could do.

I do not disagree with this as in terms of gameplay as Super Jump would definitely be more complimentary to the proposed changes to Blightcaller's abilities.
I just was advocating that the teleport ability remain purely out of freak's background, as I admired the fact that the freak was extremely similar to the original concept of Blightcaller, but of course Gameplay should come first.

Though perhaps we can retain the ability to teleport by adding a new ability entirely to blight caller, the ability to teleport to random players directly like how old tele use to work, though instead of being right on top of the person, it could be in a general proximity of a random person. This way Blightcaller can have more mobility, whilst not making the mobility op as it's more so to escape an uber, or other undesirable situation whilst the proximity aspect of it would prevent the boss from being telefragged by Engineer, now of course it could still be cheesed, as Scottish resistance demo comes to mind in a choke hallway, and the boss should be stunned for a few seconds after teleing, but it grants Blightcaller the ability to escape a shit situation, whilst gambling the fact he could end up beside gibus sniper, or mass engie nest while remaining relatively fair for all parties involved.

Removing the hale would be better since it could make way for something more interesting than a hale with a glorified uber, instant small aoe ion cannon with burning tick damage and a prolonged bleed that's honestly not that scary when you understand that health kits are a soft reset for it. despite the melee being already designed to kill most soft health classes, then becoming more boring by becoming another super jump hale.
like wise it would make way for something more interesting, like gambler, no irony.

We can still have Blightcaller whilst adding new more unique hales, and as far as Blightcaller goes, I think it is safe to say he is more unique than most other bosses like Painis Cupcake and Ass Pancakes currently on the server.
But I do agree that adding bosses with more distinctive traits would be desirable, though Heavy does not think that the removal of Blightcaller is necessary to achieve this, as we can still add for example a Quad boss without having to put Blightcaller into the recyling bin.

We can still have Blightcaller whilst adding new more unique hales, and as far as Blightcaller goes, I think it is safe to say he is more unique than most other bosses like Painis Cupcake and Ass Pancakes currently on the server.
But I do agree that adding bosses with more distinctive traits would be desirable, though Heavy does not think that the removal of Blightcaller is necessary to achieve this, as we can still add for example a Quad boss without having to put Blightcaller into the recyling bin.
Well from what I was informed about before was that the ff2 roster was full and wouldn't have any additional hales until removals happened, that and changes for the ff2 server that aren't maps, weapon changes or so on in the same vein are currently in a state of limbo.
There're already pending approvals like small weapon changes and hale replacements but digressing from that, making changes to pre-existing hales to make them more either unique or less tedious to play against/with would breathe flavour into the gameplay since a lot of hales still are:
  • super jump/teleport, uber on rage plus stun and maybe a faster swinging speed or a weapon on rage that's hitscan
  • hales with unique sets are either completely worthless due to the the new rage or subset of abilities being worthless once you understand how the hale works (energineer) if not gimmicky, (major crits jr rocket jumping being tedious to preform consistently due to slow moving rockets, random spread, not a bad hale necessarily but I would prefer just a market gardening hale with a default stated no damage rocket launcher at that point which a server I'd been on before had, but with a lot more knockback force; mcj is completely denied just by having a battalion's backup, slightly less of the degree is a vaccinator or short circuit), people will continue to pick the same hales over and over because everything else is just worse in comparison (since the good rage abilited hales just rage the competent players to stun them)
  • mimicer that'll probably replace blightcaller as the go to delay hale since it has invisibility, and people will use it to delay, because it STILL has a feature that incentivises delaying (cloak), give it 1 or 3 months from now and there'll be a suggestion for removal or a retweaking
the only hales that I think that're fun with their sets is dic soupcan and piss cakehole because they both have lunge, and that's because they're abusable features that give a massive amount of mobility creep once you know to use them correctly, more or so than demopan who I think due to having just shy of a few seconds of super jump difference makes him feel slower.
I complained about blightcaller many months prior saying that the hale was a delay fest hale that could reset and run off whenever due to teleport giving invulnerability during cloak, uber rage (telekinesis) giving invulnerability, then getting another teleport shortly after was fucking stupid, same with people playing mimicer waiting for people to make wrong moves in the most boring manner possible.

back to the topic, reworking the hale to have a super jump and like I said already with the rage changes will make him generic, but will make him actually viable because I remember that a competent dragon's fury pyro would just soft reset the hale every time with an airblast since the hale had no stun on rage, but super jump with weighdown is a means to making the hale better, even with my bias for removal.

Reactions: Heavy
Well from what I was informed about before was that the ff2 roster was full and wouldn't have any additional hales until removals happened, that and changes for the ff2 server that aren't maps, weapon changes or so on in the same vein are currently in a state of limbo.
There're already pending approvals like small weapon changes and hale replacements but digressing from that, making changes to pre-existing hales to make them more either unique or less tedious to play against/with would breathe flavour into the gameplay since a lot of hales still are:
  • super jump/teleport, uber on rage plus stun and maybe a faster swinging speed or a weapon on rage that's hitscan
  • hales with unique sets are either completely worthless due to the the new rage or subset of abilities being worthless once you understand how the hale works (energineer) if not gimmicky, (major crits jr rocket jumping being tedious to preform consistently due to slow moving rockets, random spread, not a bad hale necessarily but I would prefer just a market gardening hale with a default stated no damage rocket launcher at that point which a server I'd been on before had, but with a lot more knockback force; mcj is completely denied just by having a battalion's backup, slightly less of the degree is a vaccinator or short circuit), people will continue to pick the same hales over and over because everything else is just worse in comparison (since the good rage abilited hales just rage the competent players to stun them)
  • mimicer that'll probably replace blightcaller as the go to delay hale since it has invisibility, and people will use it to delay, because it STILL has a feature that incentivises delaying (cloak), give it 1 or 3 months from now and there'll be a suggestion for removal or a retweaking
the only hales that I think that're fun with their sets is dic soupcan and piss cakehole because they both have lunge, and that's because they're abusable features that give a massive amount of mobility creep once you know to use them correctly, more or so than demopan who I think due to having just shy of a few seconds of super jump difference makes him feel slower.
I complained about blightcaller many months prior saying that the hale was a delay fest hale that could reset and run off whenever due to teleport giving invulnerability during cloak, uber rage (telekinesis) giving invulnerability, then getting another teleport shortly after was fucking stupid, same with people playing mimicer waiting for people to make wrong moves in the most boring manner possible.

back to the topic, reworking the hale to have a super jump and like I said already with the rage changes will make him generic, but will make him actually viable because I remember that a competent dragon's fury pyro would just soft reset the hale every time with an airblast since the hale had no stun on rage, but super jump with weighdown is a means to making the hale better, even with my bias for removal.
Heavy agrees with the fact that many freaks are the same. Though if there is a genuine restraint on boss number, and if a work around methods like boss packs is not on the table then I still believe there are better candidates for removal than blightcaller as AssPancakes, mimicer, Fenpyro, human SANDVICH and nightmare medic are more desirable to remove than blightcaller if blightcaller is changed as these are far more basic than blightcaller and or just take abilities from other bosses or are just not as good as other bosses. As blightcaller can work better and be more unique with these positive changes than a boss like human SANDVICH which gimmick is that he has the life loss St Heffe in rage and life loss ability of Gabe Newell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread