Declined Feintha's admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feintha

Username
Feintha (vui feintha as of writing this)

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:525730825

Your age
18y

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
4d 01:26:26h

Link to your Sourcebans record
Bans, Comms

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
None applicable.

Server you are applying for
US Jailbreak

General online times & time zone
PST (UTC/GMT -8)

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
Various Minecraft Servers, but otherwise not on TF2

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

I often play Jailbreak for 5-6h (or more) daily, and often admins are too late to help if something happens, for example MFK or teamkill. Having an admin that stays on often and for multiple hours would likely help prevent things that upset Jailbreak players. I understand the Jailbreak rules well, and often have to resort to minimodding, which isn't great. I can join Jailbreak from 9AM-11PM, and often am on for most of that time.

If there is anything missing in this application, let me know!

Additional info on how I would punish players (Requested by member in discord)
Depending on infraction, I would copy what I find.
Mass freekill - perm GB & ban
Freekill (when not commonly done by same user) - warn
Freekill (when done often) - temp GB
Micspam x1 - Warn
Micspam (3 warns) - temp-mute
Micspam (2 warns, after muted already) - perm mute
Teamkill on BLU (when not accidental) - temp GB

Obviously, punishments would increase in length depending on repeat offenses and severity of infractions

• Disagree
Reactions: AWP merchant
Hey, thanks for applying.

I don't remember too terribly much of you in-game, but that may be because of your rather low playtime, since you seem to have only started playing around the beginning of September.

Your chatlogs are okay saved for a heated discussion about religion yesterday. You also have clean ban and comm record which is nice.

However, for punishments, 3 warns for micspam is too much (coming from someone who likes to give 1 warning).

Overall, I will remain Neutral for now.

Reactions: Feintha
Hey, thanks for applying.

I don't remember too terribly much of you in-game, but that may be because of your rather low playtime, since you seem to have only started playing around the beginning of September.

Your chatlogs are okay saved for a heated discussion about religion yesterday. You also have clean ban and comm record which is nice.

However, for punishments, 3 warns for micspam is too much (coming from someone who likes to give 1 warning).

Overall, I will remain Neutral for now.
I don't remember micspamming, though my microphone sometimes does mess up and turns into static, so that may be the reason. Won't happen in the future though!

• Angry
Reactions: AWP merchant
I don't remember micspamming, though my microphone sometimes does mess up and turns into static, so that may be the reason. Won't happen in the future though!
I was referring to you giving out warnings for micspamming if you were to be admin, not YOU micspamming. Good to know though.

Hello Feintha, before I give my vote or any further feedback I just want to get an idea of how you would personally handle some situations.

In the spoiler below are three videos from some old reports, simply tell me how you would handle each situation if you were an admin on the server at the time.

Some things to think about are

• When to take action?
  • Who to take action against?
  • What would be the appropriate action(s) to take?
In case it helps with your decisions assume that all players have had no prior offenses. Also keep in mind when these clips were made when afk included afm, other than that rule use the modern jailbreak ruleset to make decisions.

I am also aware you can look up the results of the old reports I stole these clips from, I do not care about their outcomes I only care about how you would personally handle these situations if you were an admin on the server while these events took place.

Hey Feintha, thanks for applying.

I really don't see much effort in this application. Your section detailing why you'd like to become an admin is incredibly short and doesn't really give us much of why we should choose you as one of our own. With our team being at the capacity as it is, we are looking for a candidate that can set themselves apart from the usual aspects."I am active when admins are not on" really doesnt do enough for me in regards to convincing me that you would be a suitable admin

Your punishments are a little wonky too, Its pretty clear you havent looked at previously accepted applications to see how a ladder is usually presented. I wouldve taken a look at those before posting your app and it gives me the idea that this application was incredibly rushed.

Now lets talk about these chatlogs
feintha (2).PNG
Feintha (3).PNG
Feintha (1).PNG

Feintha (4).PNG

These types of chatlogs are completely unacceptable, end of story. If we cant trust you to keep your cool when something doesn't go your way then we cannot trust you with admin perms.

For these reasons stated above, its going to be a -1 for me. Please continue to enjoy the servers and helping us out by pointing out rulebreakers but its just not your time yet.

Hello Feintha, before I give my vote or any further feedback I just want to get an idea of how you would personally handle some situations.

In the spoiler below are three videos from some old reports, simply tell me how you would handle each situation if you were an admin on the server at the time.

Some things to think about are

• When to take action?
  • Who to take action against?
  • What would be the appropriate action(s) to take?
In case it helps with your decisions assume that all players have had no prior offenses. Also keep in mind when these clips were made when afk included afm, other than that rule use the modern jailbreak ruleset to make decisions.

I am also aware you can look up the results of the old reports I stole these clips from, I do not care about their outcomes I only care about how you would personally handle these situations if you were an admin on the server while these events took place.
Clip 1:
- As it seems it's intentional freekill, and since he freehit others previously, I'd say a temporary guardban, I'm not sure what the exact duration should be, but I'd say a temp GB for 12 ingame hours. The report was on "Lil Pump." Other things to note in the clip is the FF toggle, it may have been unintentional but I'd still keep note of it. Also, a red was giving false orders, but from what I know that isn't punishable.
Clip 2:
- As the red said, the warden ("Sgt Borger") didn't say the reds would die. It also wasn't mentioned that the knife-pit would be a minigame, though this clip overall seems like an oversight on the warden's behalf. I personally wouldn't punish by this clip alone.
Clip 3:
- Player "Kuddar" is intentionally griefing the freeday, but other than that it doesn't seem like they should be punished, unless they do it repeatedly on different rounds. Will give a warning beforehand. If repeated, then a temporary guardban for 6h

Regarding the chatlogs by Cowboy, most of those were directed at people micspamming, or having a loud mic. Will fix that issue, and I agree with cowboy's decision

Heya there Feintha, First of all Thank you for Applying :nekoheart: i'll try to keep it short

Now lets Begin with​

I have seen you in a few sessions i've been in and well.. i've not been too happy with your behaviour. If i can recall i've had to verbally warn you multiple times for Rude behaviour to others. I've seen that Cowboy has already mentioned this so i wont go too deep in that. For me Simply one of the most important things i would want in a Admin is that they bring Joy/a good vibe when they join the server, and with Chatlogs like that well you dont reach that level for me (an Admin shoud try to be a good example to others) even if you dont like a certain person of they annoy you, you should be the bigger man/woman and dont bite back, (as you mentioned this was because of micspammers) as an admin you need to be able to deal with this calmly.

Your application is very basic/short and i'd love to see more personality/effort in it.
Your punishments are "eh?" it seems you understand the basic ways of how moderations functions but like cowboy mentioned: "Its pretty clear you havent looked at previously accepted applications to see how a ladder is usually presented."

I'm going to have to leave it to an -1 the few times i've played with you its really been an hit or miss, sometimes you brought a good vibe, other times you really didn't
i do want to thank you for hanging out on jailbreak and wanting to help us moderate, and i hope to see more good vibes from you in the future 😄

i apologize for such an short response, your application is very short which means i dont have much to work with

I’m not comfortable giving you a +1. I feel that I have had no exemplary experiences with you, and no horrible experiences. I don’t exactly see you as a role model, and based on chatlogs you don’t appear to be a neutral voice of reason, this leads me to believe you will face more resistance from players, and potentially confuse people. I’m going to -1 please take the feedback others have given.

Going to go ahead and forfeit the application, since I need to work on the things you all mentioned, and I feel I'm not fit for this role at this point

• Friendly
Reactions: Ian and Fairy
Applicant has retracted their application.

You may reapply in one month - 4th of November 2023 so long as US jailbreak is open or you have permission to by a jailbreak gameserver staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread