Declined False Orders (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphid

Just a little suggestion:

Can we add a rule where wardens are allowed to tell reds that 'giving false orders is KOS' and kill them if they keep giving them? I've noticed recently false orders leading to large numbers of reds being killed in a way they feel is unfair, and a more unsatisfying playing experience for guards and prisoners alike.

Just a suggestion, if people don't agree just ignore. <3

A suggestion you want implemented or do you have to just rant since a particular session especially pissed you off quite badly?

Anyway I personally don't think the idea is all that bad, to prevent reds from recieving dumb deaths which could ruin some experiences.
However people falling for false orders normally almost never happens, since it is quite hard to do an impression of the warden. TaN (I think was his name) TeN is honestly the first and only player ive seen so far being actually persuasive enough to fool reds, which I guess is why you made this post in the first place. Impessive work from him, getting someone to make a semi-suggestion to do something about it (even more if it gets accepted).

I personally wouldn't mind having this accepted, since it is an addition which will be hardly used anyway. But Honestly the Warden can already give enough restrictions as is:
Restrictions I can currently think of:
  1. No Projectiles
  2. Hold out certain weapon (examples)
    1. Spys Sappers out
    2. Medics Mediguns out
    3. All classes melees out
  3. No Healing
  4. No Taunting
  5. No Voice commands (gets almost never used so not sure if it is actually still allowed or not)
  6. No Jumping
  7. No Crouching
  8. No looking into certain direction
Theres probably more than that, but I just want to point out that it would be fair to also let the reds do certain things (almost) unconditionally. After all the warden can still say "All reds off mic for X seconds". And by the time it is up you may or may not be in a minigame already, where tricking reds may be harder.

• Agree
Reactions: _Black and Zee
Yes of course, More restrictions to Reds, As if thats what JB needs.

Honestly if you fall for it, Its kinda on you. Its easy to look at the down right section of your screen to see that the one talking is a red player and this should be a challenge for Warden to control if its that hard on them.

As annoying as it is, it is funny in the right scenarios and isn't much of a hinderance because you can usually tell who's constantly doing it after 3 or 4 false orders.

Reactions: Solo
Yes of course, More restrictions to Reds, As if thats what JB needs.

Honestly if you fall for it, Its kinda on you. Its easy to look at the down right section of your screen to see that the one talking is a red player and this should be a challenge for Warden to control if its that hard on them.

For me, I don't usually fall for it. It's relatively easy to check. But you have to be completely focusing, and so certain types of players - typically veteran JB players - ignore the false orders whereas the newbies who don't know fall for it and die. They nearly always 1. do not understand why they have been killed after following orders like they thought they were supposed to 2. call for freekill 3. get upset or angry over their perceived unfair treatment and subsequent long wait time to bet back in the game.

Yes, it is a restriction on reds. But it is very situational, in the same way as 'no voice commands' is still a rule despite having a very low chance of actually being needed. It is a power for the warden to make the JB experience better and avoid individuals (such as TeN) causing mass killings of new players which ultimately will likely lead to some leaving the JB community overall after their bad experience. I have personally seen this exact situation play out in its entirety. I do believe that this one small change could maintain JB as a gamemode that does not require a level of constant monitoring of who is talking that few players are prepared or able to maintain and avoid the slaughter of new reds that cannot be properly controlled by guards as of current.

Off-mic for 30 seconds will lead to a red giving another false command after 30 seconds, and no warden likes forcing all reds of mic for one red's actions. Collective punishment is just as unsatisfying for blus as it is for reds. People are forgetting in this discussion that the command must be given by warden, so not only can reds still use false orders until warden says not to OR indefinitely if warden refuses to say this command, but indeed reds can choose to take the risk of being KOS to give false orders which at least makes the process of giving a false order less of a cowardly endeavour with no risk to the red in question who is attempting to kill off other reds. Blus are not allowed to give false orders, and can be punished for doing so - it makes little sense to hold reds to absolutely no comparable standards.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I've seen from the poll that this change is unlikely to go anywhere, as with most JB suggestions. It's a shame. But I hope at the least I have voiced my perspective in a way that allows some in the community to see where I am coming from.

All the best :D :D

• Dumb
Reactions: _Black
Couldn't you just tell them to be off mic for 30 seconds? If they're disrupting the round I think you can keep telling them to be off mic. I'm pretty sure you can restrict almost everything to reds as long as its not a kill order (like no jumping in jumprope) or as long as it's listed in the rules as something you can't restrict. Also I have seen wardens already restricting false orders on red and nobody complained about it, so I don't think it even has to be suggested.

But why would you want to restrict it, it's so funny to mass freekill but minus the freekilling part

Question if there was freekillling whose fault would it be the blue or the red?

Question if there was freekillling whose fault would it be the blue or the red?
Either one depending on how it goes. You say Freekilling so obviously the blus fault, altough you may have just worded your sentence badly

Example: The Wardens most recent order is for all reds to go to the Yellow line and to AFK on the spot.
Then a Red gives a false order, telling all Prisoners to go to Obstacle Course, so it should not be followed. The following 2 scenarios could happen

Scenario 1: One Prisoner falls for it and follows the fake order, going to Obstacle Course. In that case it is the Prisoners fault since he was not following the Wardens latest order. No Freekilling present.

Scenario 2: The reds do not follow the fake order, yet get killed by a guard that did not properly listen. The guard is at fault for not paying attention. (Mass) Freekilling present.

I know this poll doesn't close for another day but it is currently so one sided I don't see a point in letting it continue
be49e042e88ab65b596c6e31e962c4ae.png

Declined

Reactions: Gold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread