Accepted Fairy's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Alright, Lets give this a shot
Fairy Admin app.png

Username

Fairy

Steam32 ID

STEAM_0:1:488246333

Your age

due to privacy i'd rather not share my age (i am
above the required age, however i am not 21+)

Current playtime on relevant server(s)

18 days (18d 18:59:26h)

Link to your Sourcebans record

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?

n/a Position for US Jailbreak is currently open

Server you are applying for

US | Jailbreak

]General online times & time zone

(MET, GMT +1), my online times are very varied. I can be online in the morning, evening but also in the night

I have College From Monday-Friday (7AM-6PM on Average)
I also work on Fridays (6PM-11PM on Average)

Do you have a working microphone?
yes,
i am also active in voice chat most of the time

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)

i do not have any kind of Game moderation experience that is major enough to count. However, I do have general (active) moderation experience from a discord community with (as of 5 may 2023) 60104 members.
this obviously does not relate to game moderation but those bring me with experience moderating community's. (I see the panda jailbreak server as its own little community due how much voice activity/interaction there is)

i wont share that server here due to advertising, if you'd want to know it you can contact me

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?

I will be honest that I have zero experience moderating a Game, let alone a tf2 server. So i certainly need a lot of assistance learning all the bells and whistles of moderating a Source game. In game i might be a bit "extra" and "energetic" sometimes which honestly doesn't make me look like i am mature enough for this (don't worry ::/::i act a lot different when i'm not messing around on red team). from my 18 days playing jailbreak here i've definitely had the time to learn all the rules but mostly important, the community. My main motive to apply for Admin is not because i want to enforce the rules very strictly and make sure nobody gets even close to breaking them, i'd want to try and prevent rule breaking by not only enforcing the rules, but also educating (new) player about how Panda Jailbreak Works. Since in the end, its about having fun!

Simply: I am very enthusiastic to learn how to be a Panda Admin

obviously i don't want to favour people by letting them get away with rule breaks but i want to try and prevent them from happening in the first place, everyone makes mistakes. They can always redeem it

Punishments:
(i'm not experienced with game moderation so this is mostly based of what i'd think fits)
Bans-Gags
1st
- 5 hours
2nd - 10 hours
3rd - 1 day
4th - 4 days
5th - 1 week
6th - 1 month
7th - perm

Teamban
1st
(depending on situation) - 130-260 minutes
2nd - 260 minutes
3rd - 390 minutes
4th - 500 minutes
5th - perm
Accidental MFK
(first offense) - 400 minutes

2nd accidental
MFK
depends on situation (this could be from 600minutes to perm)

intentional MFK:

Intentional = perm, no question asked

As you can see, i try to be flexible with my moderation, since every situation is built on a different foundation.

Afterword's Application
I did not originally had to intention to apply for admin this soon, I was planning to do so next year. However when I saw that the applications opened, well I took my shot. I've had loads to fun on Jailbreak US let alone the entire panda community. And I'd be more then happy to return the favour with assisting player with their needs ::D:. If i would get accepted into trial, i have a long road ahead of learning what its like to be a Panda Admin but I am ready to walk that road.

if you have
any feedback for me for this application or your experience with me in-game, Please let me know <3333 with your feedback I can improve myself.

Thank you so much for reading this application, have a sandwich :sandvich:

Howdy Doodle Fairy, I must say this application is a surprise as i did not see you having interest in applying to our servers. I am however, glad to see your interest nonetheless. To break it down i have some feedback for you on what youre doing right and what you might need to work on

Positives
Stellar looking application. Really nice formatting and i love the use of the graphic, it shows that you put a lot of effort into it.
You've made quite a few Calladmins and reports recently

Due to your high number of reports/calladmins it leads me to believe you have an enticing time zone that could be of use to us.
Sessions are good

Negatives
Chatlogs seem Okay. You're certainly not toxic but i don't see much rule enforcement in chat. Do you prefer to warn/inform people of the rules in voice?
2022 was pretty rocky for you, it appears you were reported several times and racked up a couple of teambans and commblocks, i dont see anything in 2023 but i feel like it should be mentioned

So i certainly need a lot of assistance learning all the bells and whistles of moderating a Source game. In game i might be a bit "extra" and "energetic" sometimes which honestly doesn't make me look like i am mature enough for this (don't worry ::/::i act a lot different when i'm not messing around on red team).
Acting silly in a video game is fine, but we need our trials be role models within the community. Absolutely have fun, but remember that you will have a responsibility to act a certain way when you are trusted with perms.

With that feedback out of the way, I would like ask you a few questions to learn more about you and how you'd moderate. Take your time and try to answer the questions to the best of your ability.

My main motive to apply for Admin is not because i want to enforce the rules very strictly and make sure nobody gets even close to breaking them, i'd want to try and prevent rule breaking by not only enforcing the rules, but also educating (new) player about how Panda Jailbreak Works.
Being an admin for a gameserver isnt always black and white. Sometimes you'll have to use discretion in what you should actually pursue as an admin and what you can shrug off or simply warn. Can you give me any examples of how you'd use discretion as an admin? Let me help you out with a few examples.

Say its late night jailbreak, the server population is only 15/32 and its currently freeday. The reds want to play bossfight with the blue team and both teams agree without complaints, how would you handle this situation?

A new player joins the Guard team and appears to be struggling, as he tries to open cells he accidently activates FF, how would you handle this situation?

A player is playing music through their mic during a freeday, many of the players are happy with the music being played but some complain about it being micspam, what would you do in this situation?

I don't have much to say about your ladder, looks fine to me

Closing Thoughts
You've got some potential, but some rough around your edges. Tone down on the immaturity the best you can and try putting more effort warning in chat. Besides that i think youre doing just fine but i'd like to keep an eye on you for a while to see that youre consistently improving. For now im going to slot in my vote as Neutral Leaning towards +1

Best of luck!

Hiya there Cowboy, I greatly appreciate your response and feedback.

Here are my responses to your questions:

but I don't see much rule enforcement in chat. Do you prefer to warn/inform people of the rules in voice?
Most of the time, I tend to use Voice chat to communicate with others due to some people flashing over Text chat and missing messages, since you need to have voice chat on for jailbreak to play it properly that tends to be my go-to.

I also find informing people about rules via voice to be shown more friendly since you can tell a person intention by the tone of their voice.
For example: In text its hard to tell if the player might be mad at your for breaking a rule or if they are trying to assist you instead. And since I do tend to inform a player when they break a rule often I don't want to be seen as somebody who's trying to hunt other peoples mistakes down and farm reports, and so i try to show a friendly tone in voice chat.

2022 was pretty rocky for you, it appears you were reported several times and racked up a couple of teambans and commblocks
Yeah I've definitely had a rocky ride back then, While's non of the reports were intentional "rule breaks" they did get uncomfortably close to breaking the rules. I've also tried to experiment less with Minigames and Other things on the server to prevent this from happening again.

Especially as you mentioned:
Acting silly in a video game is fine, but we need our trials be role models within the community

Furthermore, I've taken the time to look at these situations and these are the conclusions I've made to them:
Say its late night jailbreak, the server population is only 15/32 and its currently freeday. The reds want to play bossfight with the blue team and both teams agree without complaints, how would you handle this situation?
Now, in a normal round i would not allow this, since if this were to be done without an Admin present in the server it would be a rule break and could be reported to the forums. If I were to allow this it would be Favouring everyone currently in the server and create confusement whether its allowed or not. However if it would be a FDFD or a FDFA and EVERYONE agrees, I would allow it

A new player joins the Guard team and appears to be struggling, as he tries to open cells he accidently activates FF, how would you handle this situation?
(i am not aware of the commands that are available in jailbreak so this is assuming i have these capability's)
I would firstly turn off FF, respawn all reds and then assist the Warden on how the menu functions. Then I would mute the entire red team for a minute because voice chat will probably be chaotic after an accidental FF. Then I would explain the menu to the warden and let him try again. if he'd happen to fail for a second time i would force end the round (slay all the reds) and then force warden on somebody else so that the new player can see how they run Warden, if i am not sure if we have a competent blu, I would switch myself and force to show him the basics
A player is playing music through their mic during a freeday, many of the players are happy with the music being played but some complain about it being micspam, what would you do in this situation?
if some people are annoyed by the micspam I would request the micspammer to turn if off, Otherwise it would show that "the admin doesn't mind micspam" and people would micspam more often due to them thinking its fine if the majority likes it.

If you have any question or want more dept into one of my responses let me know! Apologies for the wait, I got home from work around 2am yesterday and did not have the energy left to properly respond to your questions.
Have a Great day, Y'all

Reactions: Ian and Cowboy
As I’m about to go on inactivity I will respond now. I am unable to find you in game at a time I can come on. I know your chat logs and sessions are fine, but I’d like to see you in jailbreak. Since I probably will not be able to see you, I’ll leave you a neutral vote. I’ll contact madact if this changes, and out of courtesy I may reach out to you also.

Reactions: Fairy and Madact
Welp, I've had close to a week and a half to keep an eye on you and give you some updated feedback. For starters, let's go over your responses.

Most of the time, I tend to use Voice chat to communicate with others due to some people flashing over Text chat and missing messages, since you need to have voice chat on for jailbreak to play it properly that tends to be my go-to.

I also find informing people about rules via voice to be shown more friendly since you can tell a person intention by the tone of their voice.
For example: In text its hard to tell if the player might be mad at your for breaking a rule or if they are trying to assist you instead. And since I do tend to inform a player when they break a rule often I don't want to be seen as somebody who's trying to hunt other peoples mistakes down and farm reports, and so i try to show a friendly tone in voice chat.
Using voice can get the job done most of the time, but there will be a few instances where voice chat will be chaotic or you'll need to avoid overtalking warden. Once you become admin you'll have some tools to display messages over players screens to get their attention much more quickly which is why we like to have our applicants warn over text chat to get a good feel for it.

Yeah I've definitely had a rocky ride back then, While's non of the reports were intentional "rule breaks" they did get uncomfortably close to breaking the rules. I've also tried to experiment less with Minigames and Other things on the server to prevent this from happening again.

Especially as you mentioned:
Reasonable answer, some of us in the staff team dont have a squeaky clean past so we don't tend to hold older punishments against applicants, just wanted to make you aware of my findings.

Now, in a normal round i would not allow this, since if this were to be done without an Admin present in the server it would be a rule break and could be reported to the forums. If I were to allow this it would be Favouring everyone currently in the server and create confusement whether its allowed or not. However if it would be a FDFD or a FDFA and EVERYONE agrees, I would allow it
Precisely the answer i was looking for, good use of discretion and critical thinking.

(i am not aware of the commands that are available in jailbreak so this is assuming i have these capability's)
I would firstly turn off FF, respawn all reds and then assist the Warden on how the menu functions. Then I would mute the entire red team for a minute because voice chat will probably be chaotic after an accidental FF. Then I would explain the menu to the warden and let him try again. if he'd happen to fail for a second time i would force end the round (slay all the reds) and then force warden on somebody else so that the new player can see how they run Warden, if i am not sure if we have a competent blu, I would switch myself and force to show him the basics
Another good answer. Admins are usually the main source of information and we are in a position to help new players. The second part is fine, but here is another way you can go about it. You could immediately teamswitch the red who failed (Or teamban if you feel he's being intentional) and turn off FF through admin commands before finally respawning all reds and allowing a new warden to take his place (Or you in this matter.)

Not a slight against you since you mentioned your lack of knowledge of commands, just wanted to relay that to you in order for you to think about it if you make it as a trial in the future.

if some people are annoyed by the micspam I would request the micspammer to turn if off, Otherwise it would show that "the admin doesn't mind micspam" and people would micspam more often due to them thinking its fine if the majority likes it.
Solid answer, not much else to say here.

I've been monitoring your chatlogs and I'm happy to see the immaturity going down. It's been a brief amount of time since my last feedback so I'll be continuing to monitor you but from what I can see you'll be fine.

Also want to highlight your previous response to a report made about you a while ago.

1683995075601.png

Link to Thread

This is exactly the kind of response i want from an admin. You address the situation and explain your reasonings and actions. You used your knowledge of the rules to argue your case and you're ready to take responsibility for your actions in the case you may be wrong. These are the exact characteristics i want from an admin. You need to be able to back up your actions and stand by them, but humble enough to understand where you might've made a mistake and do your best to rectify it.

I feel comfortable changing my vote to a +1

Reactions: Ian
It took me a bit to be able to put out a response, sorry about that, but that's because I wanted to see you more in-game. In the few times I remember playing with you, you were pretty chill and pleasant. In this thread you seem to have a decent understanding of what being an admin is all about, and a good understanding of the rules. I do wish I had slightly more to say, but you seem like a fun person, and I would definitely like to get to know you a bit better. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a +1 , I think you've got good amounts of potential for the team!

Reactions: Ian
Hello, from what I've played with you recently, you appear to be a fairly decent regular I like the warnings you give in chat and the reports you have been making on the forums. I believe you would make a good fit for the team. I can't think of any major dealbreaking issues at the moment but if I do I will let you know. +1

Reactions: Fairy and Ian
The way you answered Cowboys questions was sick.
I like the way that you are a positive influence on the server, with the reports, warnings and a generally fun presence.
Can’t think of a negative.
+1

Reactions: Fairy and Ian
I wish I spent more time with you in-game before I wrote this reply, but I was also impressed by your answers to all the very important questions that Cowboy set up for you, and I have confidence you can fill the role efficiently.
From the times I did play with you, I can agree you are mature and you help increase positivity when your online, which I think is great.

It will be +1 from me :) Good luck!

With denzel inactive, all required feedback is here and now it's time to put this under review!

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

accepted, welcome in the team.
your mentor during your trial phase will be @Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread