Extra new Jailbreak rules suggestion - ~Wolf! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

Hello everybody welcome to my thread of some new suggestions for our Jailbreak server.
I was thinking about these for quite some time and after some rounds with @
"S♣A"_LeMo_"S♣A" ^ Pink ^ and @Bebel I came to the conclusion to finally make this thread.
After several rounds with these two players I had this awful feeling of guilt towards the players/prisoners and my friends who didn't want to play anymore because of these kind of players.

1st suggestion:
Wardens are not allowed to give the order Cellwars* to the prisoners if he has 3 guards(or more) on his team.
--
The BLU team with crits should be able to maintain any situation at hand, atleast the start of the round that is.
This rule will also give more space for RED players to rebel later on in the game which is a big part of the game.

2nd suggestion:
Shoot or don't Shoot should be forbidden, atleast if there are more then 3 RED players.
--
After 4 rounds with @Bebel collecting kills with his sniper riffle with the Shoot or don't shoot minigame made think about this minigame in a diffrent way.
There are enough minigames on the map and having this particular minigames doesn't feel right because the prisoners don't even have the chance to rebel. (even with the half of the prisoners gone thanks to cellwars)

Edit: First reaction last reaction and Simon says are basicly the same thing with BLU being able to kill the entire team in the cell area

3rd suggestion: limitation to certain minigames who are not located on the map.
Making it so that games like hide and seek, hunger games and Pokemon won't come up several times in a row.
There need to be atleast some few normal rounds between those wonky rounds with games who are located on the map like Crush game and Sweeper.
--
I feel that the minigames on the map offers a garantee or a chance to earn a last request for the prisoners.
Also, thanks to the fact the minigames are located elsewhere on the map then "just" the cell area makes the game more fun for players who would like to rebel.

Most complains from my friends and myself (several players as wel) is actually the bad quality of their voices/microphone.
I can't be on the guards team with Lemo or Bebel playing because I can't follow the squeeky orders they give out and fear ending up killing players on the RED team.
This is not a suggestion of mine because my follow ex-admin and mentor @Matt-ers? already made a thread about this specific issue. Just wanted to point this out because it's a shame seeing people leave because of this/hoping if there is anything I could do against this.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/age-limit-to-voice-chat.3727/
Here's the thread for people who are intrested.

Please share your thoughds on these rules on the comment section and hopefully we can come to a conclusion what most people might like!

Last edited:
I will agree with the first and second suggestion but i dont think removing some of the minigames will be good thats my oppinion tho

I believe the 1st one needs a small expansion. I quite recently got killed for not killing my teammate after Cellwars. Ofc, the guy who was with me in the same cell was killed too. I believe this shouldn't be allowed either. Besides that, everything else seems like a good idea. ::):

Reactions: Wolf
Most complains from my friends and myself (several players as wel) is actually the bad quality of their voices/microphone.
I can't be on the guards team with Lemo or Bebel playing because I can't follow the squeeky orders they give out and fear ending up killing players on the RED team.
This is not a suggestion of mine because my follow ex-admin and mentor 621.jpg?1440776097@Matt-ers? already made a thread about this specific issue. Just wanted to point this out because it's a shame seeing people leave because of this/hoping if there is anything I could do against this.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/age-limit-to-voice-chat.3727/
Here's the thread for people who are intrested.
That rule is actually a thing, you can mute if you judge that the voice is disturbing the game. Especially on jailbreak this should be easy to do, if the mic/voice is not good enough to be understandable or is a major annoyance for toher players you can mute the player (and guardban him ofc).

About the other suggestions:
1-Yes
2-Yes
3-I would expand that to every minigame involving REDs fighting each other as it gets really boring really fast and you'll end up having only medics on the RED team.

Shoot or Don't shoot is already a rule itself. So there is no need to adding one.

Edit: I edited the rules thread to include this :p

Last edited:
I agree with the first suggestion (Cell Wars) - I've seen far to many rounds that have involved 4-5 guards and 9 prisoners and a cell wars order is given. It occurs so often in a sequence that it's become frowned upon heavily by most regulars. Some have even taken to conditioning new wardens to not do this.
--

The second suggestion is a bit of a hit-and-miss for me, some wardens do it very well and keep it completely random by spinning their character around rapidly until the selected player decides to shoot or not shoot.
For the most part however, this "custom" mini-game is a bit of a disappointment as most wardens just hold the gun behind the player they've targeted and it just ends up with the last person at the end of a line winning as he/she is the last pick.

I'm neutral to the second suggestion as different wardens handle it differently, however if I was forced to make a choice, I would have to agree that this mini-game isn't exactly a good choice.
I do agree with @Wolf that this prevents rebelling as the players don't even get the chance to leave the yellow line without getting a shotgun to their back or a sniper bead on their heads, and it makes it harder to rebel as a result of this mini-game.
--

The third suggestion I am completely neutral to, however I am quite opposed to repeated hunger games, especially when the round starts as this: Cell wars -> Yellow line closest to cells, afk freeze -> Group into medic/a cell/an enclosed mini-game -> Hunger Games*.

I do feel that repeated "custom" mini-games does tend to drag on after multiple attempts, however if there is a rebellion and the round fails and the warden would like to attempt the mini-game again, they shouldn't be impeded.

*I would mention Pokémon but only the.... Younger population of the server want to do that, and most regulars will never allow this mini-game to run as normal, whether they are a warden or a prisoner.

I believe the 1st one needs a small expansion. I quite recently got killed for not killing my teammate after Cellwars. Ofc, the guy who was with me in the same cell was killed too. I believe this shouldn't be allowed either. Besides that, everything else seems like a good idea. ::):

That was actually one thoughd of mine as wel.
Something like Cellwars is optional but you don't have to kill your cellmate if you don't want to.
Cellwars never seemed like a fitting thing for a prison in the first place.

What prison out there has a warden demanding their prisoners to kill each other? One who should be in prison himself I would say!

Reactions: Fennie
Are the new players supposed to read all these specific rules, including to remember them?

Are the new players supposed to read all these specific rules, including to remember them?
I suppose it would be good if there was a week-long reminder on Jailbreak about these new rules if they would be a thing actually.

if the warden precised that prisoners had to be one per cell, well in my eyes it is fine but if no, then there is a freekill.

and as for the rules i think 1 and 2 should be accepted. For the 3 i think the actual situation is fine.

Admins will go easy on new players ofcourse, those detailed rules will come out as a warning to our new players of the server.
Just like the Warday rule, A admin will just inform players that it is forbidden.
Players who already know the rules/have heard of them will be punished in the other hand.

I feel a poll may be a good idea for this, but there will be multiple variable choices unless it's a multiple choice poll.

I don't remember farming kills with my sniper in shoot or don't shoot and also OUCH that hurt..

Okay so,

I agree with the first one, since I have also made a thread about this in the past.

Two... I don't really know. Well, I agree with the shoot or don't shoot since it is based on favortism (Example: The warden could just keep aiming at the person he doesn't like). But with simon says and first reaction last reaction you just need to listen.

Three. Nah. As long as the guards don't suck at the game you got an almost 100% chance rate of getting LR, I admit that it might be harder when the prisoners can walk around freely but if you are strict enough you should be able to manage it.

And in the end, most people like these minigames. For example, when the warden asks what minigame people want to do they mostly awnser: Hungergames, Hide and seek or Pokémon.

But I also understand your arguments since most guards are not capable of keeping the reds under control ESPECIALLY while playing these minigames. But this is just my opinion.

EDIT: About the voice-chat part. I totally disagree with you.

These are examples:

1. Lemo and Bebel do both have a decent mic. I understand that Lemo might be a little bit hard to understand but that's because of his accent. I mean, are you guys really gonna ban people for having an accent? Also if you just listen carefully you can understand him fine.

2. Restricting people from using a mic because they have "a squeaky voice" is just ridiculous. I could say that I don't like low voices and just restrict everyone from using his mic. There are enough people who are mature with a squeaky voice and if you don't like it that's too bad. An example: Madact, she kind of has a squeaky voice which might not be pleasant for your ears but no one is complaining about her voice (nothing personal, luv u bb). Oh and please don't come with the argument: "But she is a girl". It's about the voice not about the gender.

3. This community (who am I kidding... The whole gaming community) is way too harsh on people with a squeaky voice. I know that there are kids who are annoying as fuck BUT for example: Bebel. I think that many people dislike him because he has a squeaky voice (me too at first), which I kind of understand because getting ordered around by a 10-15 year old might be kind of annoying. But if you give him a chance you can see that he is a nice and mature guy.

Last edited:
Just had another idea, hat day shouldn't be allowed as long as there's only one guy in BLU as he basically get's to decide who dies and who doesn't, unless he's asking the REDs.

1. Lemo and Bebel do both have a decent mic. I understand that Lemo might be a little bit hard to understand but that's because of his accent. I mean, are you guys really gonna ban people for having an accent? Also if you just listen carefully you can understand him fine.

2. Restricting people from using a mic because they have "a squeaky voice" is just ridiculous. I could say that I don't like low voices and just restrict everyone from using his mic. There are enough people who are mature with a squeaky voice and if you don't like it that's too bad. An example: Madact, she kind of has a squeaky voice which might not be pleasant for your ears but no one is complaining about her voice (nothing personal, luv u bb). Oh and please don't come with the argument: "But she is a girl". It's about the voice not about the gender.

3. This community (who am I kidding... The whole gaming community) is way too harsh on people with a squeaky voice. I know that there are kids who are annoying as fuck BUT for example: Bebel. I think that many people dislike him because he has a squeaky voice (me too at first), which I kind of understand because getting ordered around by a 10-15 year old might be kind of annoying. But if you give him a chance you can see that he is a nice and mature guy.

--

This is something personal I wanted to point out.
It may sounds harsh to act on those players and I totally agree with you myself.

...But there are so many people who are leaving the servers just because of this reason it's insane.
I am a big supporter for having the Panda community as a open community for everyone to enjoy but after several complains from close friends and people on the server made me kinda down.

I know that little kids would like to play this game as wel and shouldn't be left out but the fact that were losing decent people because of this troubles me, and others.
Also Bebel is 12, wasn't there a age restriction to actually play TF2 in the first place?

I would appreciate if others will reply to this thread if this "young" players joining the BLU team bothers you + preventing you from acting normally on Jailbreak (like Joining BLU etc)

Most games have an age restriction that people just brush to the side, children are seen everywhere (see Call of Duty aka Childrens Online Daycare).

Young players joining the server isn't a major issues despite the harder learning curve for them.. And the massive "crying" about anything that is negative towards them.

Perhaps a playtime requirement (2-3 hours maybe) could be placed on jailbreak to prevent new players directly joining BLU and failing, it will cause frustration at first but will allow them to learn through watching and playing as a RED.

This also prevents mass freekilling directly. If it's only new players on the server, then there will be no warden to give orders*.

*Huge flaw in my suggestion, draft autosave screwed me.

Perhaps a playtime requirement (2-3 hours maybe) could be placed on jailbreak to prevent new players directly joining BLU and failing, it will cause frustration at first but will allow them to learn through watching and playing as a RED.

This also prevents mass freekilling directly. If it's only new players on the server, then there will be no warden to give orders.

If this was a possibility, that would be very helpfull.
Most freekillers are new players and leave after 3 rounds or so (if there isn't any admin around)
This would help quite a bit.

know that little kids would like to play this game as wel and shouldn't be left out but the fact that were losing decent people because of this troubles me, and others.
Also Bebel is 12, wasn't there a age restriction to actually play TF2 in the first place?
if they are not open minded enough to accept youngest poeple well, they maybe aren't so decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread