Completed Enabling Fixed Weapon Spread on Jailbreak Servers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhuman

Hello, many of you may not know me as I'm a fairly new member of the community. I've been playing Jailbreak for as long as I've been playing TF2 which has spanned across 7 years. (I know, it's a long time)

I'm here to propose a new suggestion that could bring a Quality of Life improvement to the server, and that is:

Fixed Weapon Spread

Fixed weapon spread is always used in Competitive environments in TF2. It's a pretty simple concept that makes the spread of Shotguns and Scatterguns shoot in a fixed pattern that is much easier to control then the random bullet spread of normal servers.

I have attatched an visual example of fixed bullet spread, and a definition of fixed bullet spread derived from here.

This is a low priority suggestion, meaning it really has a small factor in the overall gameplay of Jailbreak (This is my opinion).

Now, the one small upside to this other than what I already mentioned is that Blues will less likely freehit reds on accident, because the pattern of the bullets will be consistent.

That is all I have to say, I hope this gets good appraisal from the community. Free free to state what you feel towards this suggestion.

tf_use_fixedweaponspreads

Attachments

• 20200329_221215.jpg
    20200329_221215.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 312
  • Fixed_weapon_spread.png
    Fixed_weapon_spread.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 213
I like it, definitely annoying to accidentally shoot the wrong reds when everyone is piled up. A fixed pattern sounds pretty alright with me with little to no downside. Just hope we can add it without any issues.

It feels a bit unnecessary, but i'm going to add a poll anyways just to make sure this sounds good with everyone else.

If I understand this correctly, the spread of shotguns etc. will not be wide?

Which takes me to the part where you don’t find any downsides with it:

Basically ruins a lot for rebellers who hides in the crowd of players who’s not KOS. Being able to know when to shot the rebeller and when to not pull the trigger is a part of the gamemode, and I feel this straight up ruins a lot for those whom rebell a lot. Everyone hides in the crowd for this specific reason, they know the guards have to be careful so they don't kill the wrong player.

I guess the need for less freekills and hits are higher than saving the few advantages the rebeller might have.

No, its still a shotgun. The examples posted very well show this.

Which takes me to the part where you don’t find any downsides with it:

Basically ruins a lot for rebellers who hides in the crowd of players who’s not KOS. Being able to know when to shot the rebeller and when to not pull the trigger is a part of the gamemode, and I feel this straight up ruins a lot for those whom rebell a lot. Everyone hides in the crowd for this specific reason, they know the guards have to be careful so they don't kill the wrong player.
When I said I see little to no downside, I stand by that. This is not a downside at all and I'm not sure about your logic behind this is. You are making it sound like scatter guns and shotguns are now turned into sniper rifles which is completely ridiculous. There is still high risk for firing a shotgun next to a crowd of reds, this does not change that at all. Saying its "part of the gamemode" is a terrible argument when you consider people getting freekilled/freehit by unlucky spread then guard banned for those actions.A fixed shot pattern won't solve the underling problem of simply bad guards though either.

I guess the need for less freekills and hits are higher than saving the few advantages the rebeller might have.
Having this will not give rebellers any bigger of a disadvantage. If you are under the assumption that the majority of guards on the server are eagle eyes and competitive knights, you are truly mistaken.

Normally whenever we have this thread I think the both sides. The pros and the cons. I'll try my best to do the pro and cons of both teams.

So let's start with the Blue team.
Pros
Can get rebelers easier
Reduce the amount of freekills that happen
(That's all of the pros that I can see coming)

Cons
Can accidental freehit
Can miss their target and letting rebellers just go since they wouldn't be able to hit them (If I'm wrong then I'm sorry)

That's all I can think of for the blues. Feel free to add on to the list.

Now for the reds/rebellers.
Pros
When the have ammo, reds also have a fix weapon fire spread. (Which IMO buff the rebellers)
When someone just hits a blue and hides in someone else, the blues would be too susceptible to freehitting since how wide the spread it.

Easier to rebel ( I say this because from what I'm assuming with the images that there would be multiple gaps where reds can squeeze through to not get hit. I could be wrong on this since I have never actually tested this out. Feel free to correct me)

Cons
Getting sniped by a heavy's minigun from across the map. Idk about you but that's a little too OP

Hopefully, I resolved any issues or questions. Feel free to change anything or comment on anything I have said in this comment. I'm still going to be in favor of this as I think it will be a good thing for both teams.

So to clarify on the way fixed spread works, I linked a YouTube video on the last part of my thread, or you can click here to watch it. As you can see, the results of not having fixed spread and having fixed spread are overall the same. So in reality, the actual "spread" of the guns will also be the same. The distance of the weapon will determine how wide the pattern is.

The image attached here shows three examples of this "fixed spread" The numbers followed by a "u" (i.e. 128u) is actually a measurement of distance in TF2, know as hammer units. The farther away (meaning the more hammer units), the wider the spread is.

Hope this covered it for you all.

Attachments

• Fixed_weapon_spread.png
    Fixed_weapon_spread.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 170
If this is getting added to JB, I believe other gamemodes can benefit with it being added aswell e.g. VSH and FF2 because arguably the players there are more competitive and can take advantage of this command aswell

I support reducing pellet spread, considering the fact that I can't tell you how many times I've seen people accidentally freekill with a shotgun while firing into a crowd.

Just wish this could apply to miniguns. :kappa:

Reactions: iamhuman
Alright, votes seem pretty clear here. Ill go ahead and task this up. @haze Feel free to suggest this for the vsh/ff2 servers respectively. This will however be for jailbreak only.

Task #172 enable fixed weapon spread for the jailbreak servers.

is this an addon or an already implemented cvar? doesnt seem to be recognized from what i can see.

is this an addon or an already implemented cvar? doesnt seem to be recognized from what i can see.
tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1 is the console command I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread