Declined DrJano's admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJano

⭐ Your name and/or nickname
Name: Jano (In english Evan)
Nickname: Jano

⭐ Your age
Currently I'm 19 (I apologize my profile says 29)

⭐ Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available Positions" thread)
Since I'm 19, I don't need a permission.

⭐ Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it;simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_0:0:73184503

⭐ Your general online times and your timezone
UTC/GMD +2 hours Bratislava, Slovakia
Well sometimes i work at the morning at 5am to 3pm then i have to do some computer work to 3pm
Then sometimes i work at night at 9pm to 7am and then some computer works too to 9am
So im usually online at 4pm to 10pm or 8/9am to 3pm.

⭐ Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to applt for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I usually play on FF2 EU server and i wish to apply for it.
I would visit the server in case of a report

⭐ Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for JailBreak admins)
Yes i do have a microphone but i don't use is so much.

⭐ Your Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
Well, I was a admin on a friend's server about a month ago but it disbanded. I also was a admin on minecraft and gmod but these are different games sooo it will maybe not count.

⭐Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Yes, I do know the most basic and the most needed ones.

⭐ Why should we choose you to be a part of our team?
Well, I have been a member of this community a pretty long time and i go to the FF2 EU server almost every single day. I take the rules very seriously, i like to help new people or other players, i'm friendly and

⭐ Finally,please briefly explain how you would do your job,e.g. a general overwiew of your policies and punishments.
Spamming in chat or voice chat : 3 warnings then 3 hours gag
Insults : 3 warnings then 30 minutes mute if not then 3 hours gag
Fake call admin : ban for 6 hours ban
Not doing damage or camping as RED or BLU : 3 warnings then slay
Exploiting : 1 warning then 3 hours ban
Talking foreign language : In chat 3 warnings then gag
In voive chat 3 warnings then mute

⭐ Why should we choose you to be a part of our team?
Well, I have been a member of this community a pretty long time and i go to the FF2 EU server almost every single day. I take the rules very seriously, i like to help new people or other players, i'm friendly and

And what..?
Continuation?
That is an unfinished sentence.

(Sorry for interrupting the admin's again)

Reactions: Madact

Seems to be something missing here. Anyhow mister Stylish pink

Jano is a friendly and known face on the community. I do see him play alot more now then a few months ago wich is a good thing, I haven't seem him warn people about rules but that couldof just been me missing it. ( Apologizes if so)
i do think he would be a good addition to the team, never seen him making trouble or anything.

One thing i would like to add to your punishments is cut down the warnings to 1 or 2 because if you are going to warn everyone 3 times before punishing you are going to have a rather difficult/hard time.

So in a nutshell i would like to say goodluck and have my +1

Seems to be something missing here. Anyhow mister Stylish pink

Jano is a friendly and known face on the community. I do see him play alot more now then a few months ago wich is a good thing, I haven't seem him warn people about rules but that couldof just been me missing it. ( Apologizes if so)
i do think he would be a good addition to the team, never seen him making trouble or anything.

One thing i would like to add to your punishments is cut down the warnings to 1 or 2 because if you are going to warn everyone 3 times before punishing you are going to have a rather difficult/hard time.

So in a nutshell i would like to say goodluck and have my +1
Thanks for your feedback Zush, very appreciate that

And i ment to do that so the player would maybe learn about what he/she had done

• Friendly
Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh
Here We Go!

I have played with DrJano with a lot of time on Panda's EU FF2 Server and i can say he is really friendly with everyone and enforces the rules everytime.Never seen him breaking any of the rules and he always warns players to enforce them even if there is/are admins online.

For that,I'm giving you a +1 and wish you good luck.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: DrJano
I need feedback from you guys, either on the application or in private form. Your choice. Please do within one week or I be a angry panda. ::>:(::
I find it kinda weird that there's this sudden level of urgency on this app yet admins weren't confined to a certain specific time period before on other apps lol. Maybe it's to jump start efficiency on these things?

I've seen DrJano from time to time, he's been a prominent player on this community. By what I've seen he seems to come and go often in short bursts sometimes, but he consistently shows his interest in the community. I've seen his observance on the forums as well, and some of his comments are pretty funny (@Uncodex you understand what I mean). However what seems a bit off to me is how the app seems to be a bit rushed, it could've used a bit more work as it just feels like there's something missing. There's also the obvious cut off in the sentence that Uncodex pointed out which backs up my point that the application seems like it has a gap in it. This application honestly to me seems to give off a "just for the fun of it" vibe, especially with the stylish pink color to it to add to my suspicion (don't get me wrong, the pink is very nice and I see no problem with it to spice up the app for some vibrance). I see it being problematic if Jano was to go overkill with the "playful" side of the admin commands like slaps and such "just for the fun of it" and it might get out of hand sometimes.

I can say that it will be lovely if he becomes admin
Generally it's not supposed to be "lovely" to give a person such incredible responsibility to run an entire server full of vastly different people with differing opinions that can suddenly turn the situation upside down, it's supposed to be a strong positive addition to the administrative team that can support the foundation of this community. Personally Tekkit I think your comments overall on Jano lack critical viewpoints, regardless if you feel they should be positive or not. Keep your feedback the same if you want to, it's not my decision, but I recommend you elaborate a bit more on what you think makes Jano a positive addition, for the sake of a more transparent outlook on him to review.

Overall, I'm going to remain Neutral on this one. I may change my opinion later, I just need to see more of the applicant on the server and observe how he works with or without an admin present in order to make an informed final decision.

"I think the biggest reason you want to be admin is because of Puppy and Stomper's (etc. Kah expained everything else).
You've told me you wanted be admin for months, but suddenly wanted to apply after Puppy and Stomper's got admin.
That got me suspicious, because why apply right now after they got accepted?"
I've taken this part without quoting it because I'm on phone, but anyway. Those phrases were in the sentence posted by @PandaASDF on Petri's application. The thing I would to point out, is that I'm feeling this kind of behaviour, the one of applying after some of the people you know applied and got accepted. Sostituting the subjects there, the situation is: me, Tekkit, Zushi and Spenneth applied a while ago, we got all accepted and now that the ff2 admin team is enough full, you come with the second app to reach your admin position as well. I'm not saying now I'm against your application, but... I can't give you a +1.
Sometimes I've seen, even if you're a respectful person in front the rules, a.. "reverse of the discussion", maybe I'm silly, don't take me wrong, but I've experienced the view of sentences in-game where Jano reversed the insult on the insulting guy, phrases like: Guy1: "you're idiot", DrJano: "and you're not?".
Over this, nothing more to show, sorry for my "time-wasted opinion". Neutral over there.

There's also the obvious cut off in the sentence that Uncodex pointed out which backs up my point that the application seems like it has a gap in it.
Like i said, I don't know how the "and" got there
This application honestly to me seems to give off a "just for the fun of it" vibe, especially with the stylish pink color to it to add to my suspicion (don't get me wrong, the pink is very nice and I see no problem with it to spice up the app for some vibrance).
You cloud explain more with "just for fun". Honestly why would you thing something like that ?
I see it being problematic if Jano was to go overkill with the "playful" side of the admin commands like slaps and such "just for the fun of it" and it might get out of hand sometimes.
Uhh ok ? Don't know why would you think that about me again. You cloud explain that too. And I would ONLY use it if a player is AFK or not doing damage like a warning. I would definitely not slap or freeze everybody 500 times like @Patmosphere did.
Thanks anyway.

"I think the biggest reason you want to be admin is because of Puppy and Stomper's (etc. Kah expained everything else).
Uuuh k ? Why would i apply because of Stomper or Puppy ? Doesn't make sense to me. And I didn't even known that they were accepted.

You've told me you wanted be admin for months, but suddenly wanted to apply after Puppy and Stomper's got admin.
"And i didn't even knew that they were accepted"
Yeah, you also told me if I'm sure to write a admin app, that got me thinking that you're maybe right. Now I know that I'm ready for it.
That got me suspicious, because why apply right now after they got accepted?"
Oh sorry, would it be ok for you if i would post my app another day ?

Maybe I'm silly, don't take me wrong, but I've experienced the view of sentences in-game where Jano reversed the insult on the insulting guy, phrases like: Guy1: "you're idiot", DrJano: "and you're not?".
Yeah sure ... You cloud give me a proof of that because i don't remember to say something like that.

Uuuh k ? Why would i apply because of Stomper or Puppy ? Doesn't make sense to me. And I didn't even known that they were accepted.

Yeah, you also told me if I'm sure to write a admin app, that got me thinking that you're maybe right. Now I know that I'm ready for it.

FYI, Pat was just quoting a similar situation that unfolded in a different application.
Those phrases were in the sentence posted by @PandaASDF on Petri's application.

You cloud explain more with "just for fun". Honestly why would you thing something like that ?
Because in the past people have done things "just for fun" and have ruined experiences for many people because of their "fun". This was only noted as a precaution. The fact that you're so defensive about it doesn't fare well in getting me to believe that you wouldn't go down that route in an administrative position.

Yeah sure ... You cloud give me a proof of that because i don't remember to say something like that.
Some obvious hard defensive sass there. There's no need to get so defensive, you know. This is just feedback for an important position. It gets critical sometimes.

Because in the past people have done things "just for fun" and have ruined experiences for many people because of their "fun". This was only noted as a precaution. The fact that you're so defensive about it doesn't fare well in getting me to believe that you wouldn't go down that route in an administrative position
Look i have been in this community and on that server a long time, you would honestly think that i would do this app just for fun ? Please.

I would definitely not slap or freeze everybody 500 times like @Patmosphere did.
You should know that this is clearly provoking. You are trying to cause some kind of fight I'm guessing. This is not the behaviour any admin should have.
FYI I used to do that too and that got my application declined.
Try not to do something like that in the future. Also, they're just posting their opinion, no need to go all out on them. Take the criticism like a normal admin should. I'm sure (if you get accepted) you'll find yourself in a situation where some guy is telling you his opinion on you being admin, which can really be provocative. It's not good if you then go all out on said guy.

And like @Speneth said, you're being surprisingly defensive. Can you explain why? I'm sure there is a reason.
Sorry for posting on here but I just felt like I have to.

Sometimes I've seen, even if you're a respectful person in front the rules, a.. "reverse of the discussion", maybe I'm silly, don't take me wrong, but I've experienced the view of sentences in-game where Jano reversed the insult on the insulting guy, phrases like: Guy1: "you're idiot", DrJano: "and you're not?".
Checked better his chat, such an isolated case, my aplogies.

Changing my vote to -1. Applicant has consistently throughout the app process shown disrespectful responses to administrative opinions, all while being extremely defensive, which seems to show how easy the applicant can be angered, which could spiral a situation out of control if the applicant had administrative rights. @Deep pointed out his provocative claim against @Patmosphere without evidence backing it up, so this empty accusation seems a tad bit immature if you ask me. Cryptic also brought in that chat history (good find btw) and these comments do not look like administrative material, and very immature. I had @Uncodex do some investigating and now I have reason to believe that DrJano doesn't even join the server unless there is an admin online and present. It seems to be that he only is online when there is an admin online just so he can try and persuade admins to give him their support through his "positive" actions like calling out rulebreakers and such. This is backed up by when I noticed on one of his sessions his point ratio was very low, with a 2 hour session only getting him 18 points.
https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/sessions/1463436
To me this looks like he cared more about getting attention from the higher-ups than actually playing on the server.

I advise @Zushikikato Wolfeh and @TekkitFappit to re-evaluate their positions on this matter, especially in light of this new evidence. If you want to keep your opinions the same however, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread