Awaiting Feedback [DR] Map cooldown extend (1 Viewer)

Solar

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
So im pretty sure we all know that the map cooldown is way to low on deathrun and we see the same 5 maps being rotated on the server daily and it makes playing on the server rather boring so i wanted to suggest maybe extend the cooldown from 5 to maybe 10 or so but il have to wait on @Kevin so that he can see what the max limit can be set on that.
This would give maps that get less a chance to be played and see the light of day once more and we can get some variaty back on the server.
What limit would you guys set on the map cooldown if you could choose? :thinking:

If my math isn’t off, the cooldown rn (assuming no maps get rtv’d) is like 3-4 hours before a map can be picked again, right?

I don’t know how many maps until the cooldown ends that would be exactly (I think 10-15?), but I think it would be fine if the map cooldown took about 8-12 hours (assuming another map doesn’t get rtv’d). That way, maps should at most show up thrice a day, which I think would be okay and allows for a good bit of variety, especially if new maps get added.

• Agree
Reactions: Solar
lazytown, office and most maps that currently full under the heavy nostalgia picked maps get nominated and are heavily voted depending on what player sphere is around (casually the maps already mentioned get picked and people who're more capable will always lean towards picking neonoir, forgotten_origin or anything that may have a slight relation to something difficult be it the minigames/parkour).
I remember when playstation was the go to thing and people wanting to shred the bud card dare it got into anyone's hands, despite the fact that most people got filtered on the boxes because they couldn't do a simple jump crouch check, which is now remedying with people saying it's a bad map because they continue to die to the cardboard boxes section.

my honest recommendation would be 12 to 16 hours to prevent people from picking the same maps all of the time, 16 might sound like a lot but map times are 45 minutes each which means 22 different maps without having people shoehorn their favourite map again after 6 map rotations, which may breathe life back into unpicked maps.

even if this is unnecessary bumping
@Kevin would you be fine moving the nominate cooldown time from 4 to 12 hours and the rtv % from (what I presume it is) 55%? to 75% since people would potentially abuse this fact to vote off unfavourable maps, I.E any map with a slight bit of platforming; maps currently, given who's on but regardless, are the same handful of maps: office, bank, playstation, berlin, cocainum, lazytown, chipper and scooby, arguments could be made for things like cybertower being overplayed, despite the fact that it only happens when a select amount of individuals are on, for if not then never.

I really would prefer seeing a better rotation selection but that's not going to happen when people constantly nominate the same maps and then nominate them again after 4 hours, then also again after 4 hours.
"don't you nominate the same maps over and over?"
yes I do, so with that in mind, could @Kevin please put up a poll for this change or the changes suggested in this thread like with the suggested increase to 8, 10 or 12 hours before a map is nominatable again and a 2nd choice of whether the rtv % should be bumped up as a result or not.

Users who are viewing this thread