Completed [DR] Add dr_polish_adventure? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix72001

Greetings to all! As a newbie, I'd like to thank you for joining your community.

The purpose of this post is to share with you my new map for deathrun: dr_polish_adventure. I invite you to evaluate my work and potentially consider adding it to your Deathrun servers. The map has undergone bug fixes from the last game test. However, if the map doesn't meet your preferences or isn't in line with your server's vision, I totally understand. Nevertheless, I feel like experiencing it on official servers.

The map can be downloaded from this link below:

Thank you and have a nice day!

8/10 not enough polish cow.

I did find myself reading the memes more than actually playing the map. The parkour minigames are pretty harsh especially with luck-based breaking platforms and very aggressive teleports if you stray away from the intended path, which is a shame because there're some decent oportunities at making shortcuts with bhop. The simon says 9 square mini overstays it's welcome a little bit, at some point, it caps at a certain speed, and seeing how only runners have to do it, which would basically mean you just need one player with a basic amount of reflexes (yes, those exist here) to jump from square to square until the mini decided it's enough which again imo did too late to not be tedious. Pretty much the same critique on the chance squares with the caveat that there're too many of them and if a player lucks out it basically just turns into wait games for a couple of minutes.

Other than that I found it really cute that you can activate the "translator mode" which makes it so any polish voice lines have now included a text-to-speech translator with them. The layout is pretty simple with occasional twists here and there. The traps themself are well-marked, be it a little bit basic and earrapy but that's probably the point of the humor of the map here.

In conclusion, this map is Wampi approved megusta

8/10 not enough polish cow.

I did find myself reading the memes more than actually playing the map. The parkour minigames are pretty harsh especially with luck-based breaking platforms and very aggressive teleports if you stray away from the intended path, which is a shame because there're some decent oportunities at making shortcuts with bhop. The simon says 9 square mini overstays it's welcome a little bit, at some point, it caps at a certain speed, and seeing how only runners have to do it, which would basically mean you just need one player with a basic amount of reflexes (yes, those exist here) to jump from square to square until the mini decided it's enough which again imo did too late to not be tedious. Pretty much the same critique on the chance squares with the caveat that there're too many of them and if a player lucks out it basically just turns into wait games for a couple of minutes.

Other than that I found it really cute that you can activate the "translator mode" which makes it so any polish voice lines have now included a text-to-speech translator with them. The layout is pretty simple with occasional twists here and there. The traps themself are well-marked, be it a little bit basic and earrapy but that's probably the point of the humor of the map here.

In conclusion, this map is Wampi approved megusta

There is polish cow song hidden in music room ;)

I've added a poll please vote :nekoheart:

@matrix72001
Out of curiosity is your map on any other TF2 deathrun community?

• Friendly
Reactions: matrix72001
+1 i think its fun on panda servers when it has bhop

• Friendly
Reactions: matrix72001
I believe the concerns the team has is that since you are new to mapping there maybe issues once it goes live on our servers, particularly when this is your first possible upload to an official TF2 community

But I'm willing to task this up to be added. May take a while and by then you may have it on other communities by then. Any issues then would be ironed out.

Task #277 Deathrun - Add, remove and update these maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread