Awaiting Feedback Double Jump on Red in JB (1 Viewer)

add red scout double jump back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cc-5869

Hey Panda Community,
I have an idea, as when looking through some of the older JB petitions for changing of criticals (https://www.panda-community.com/threads/crits-in-jb.20088), and I saw the cool opportunity to add in red double jump, not so people can run and double jump into the distance as much, as reds making clever use of the map to jump away, or jump to certain spots to get to another area to dodge the blues, obviously this would be quite annoying for blues, but I feel that since there are some popular ideas to nerf blues, I feel like this is a small nerf, and a boost of creativity towards reds.

CC

Gold

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
Donator
would like a poll

Reactions: Madact

Cc-5869

That is better; rebellers getting double jump. So you have to go in or go home, so you have to be kos if you are to be able to escape, like hit a blue, then run.

Bambi

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
Donator
Definitely like the idea of buffing reds over nerfing blues. Scout overall feels weak to play red or rebel with, especially if actual competent guards are on to pay attention to scouts running and hiding. The double jump could really help him parkour/juke better and make him a great class to play minigames with. But warden should have the right to say "scouts no double jumping," at any point in the round.

Would make rebelling even easier for the scouts in jb, maybe they could get access to double jump once they have ammo?
I'm pretty sure nothing like this currently exists. So coding that would take way more time than its worth in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cc-5869 and vinny

TheWalkingCake

The majority of people did not vote because they have not seen this suggestion, I suggest to increase the poll length and see if it changes.

• Agree
Reactions: Cc-5869

Husky

Mapper
Frankly it depends how its added back in, if you get double jump when you get ammo that will be good, but if you always have it it will make rebelling much easier which I like but then it will give a massive advantage when it comes to minigames
It is a class feature so it is annoying that it's disabled and reds are weak as is

Can we add a "idrc" option please thanks <3

Husky

Mapper
So I dug for about 3 minutes, found some JB CVARs and I found this which I think would be pretty nifty
sm_tf2jail_freeday_removeonlastguard - 1 - Remove Freedays on Last Guard: (1 = enable, 0 = disable), I don't know if its enabled or not, I asked Kevin.

Also I found out that Wonderland has it so that when red scouts rebel they can in fact double jump, so credit to a member who told me about it when I went looking. I've tried to get in contact with xypher but he isn't active right now so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
so yes,
if you get double jump when you get ammo that will be good,
this is possible

Semicolon Backslash

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
that mindset killed the server in the past.
we just gonna ignore how almost all jb server except wonderbland died during the fall aswell? no ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)