Do guards need crits? (1 Viewer)

Do guards need crits

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone was good with Sourcepawn, I would love a plugin that swaps crits with a triple damage boost with falloff. I think Scooty mentioned this before.
Yes this would definitely balance how absurd even shotguns and pistols are at sniping people as a blu. I notice that most reds die BEFORE they can even get guns because it’s so hard to escape when all blus are long range snipers, and this still allows the warden and guards to defend against a small mob of like 3 reds, which would destroy a guard team on non crit servers. (Also nerfing the blu’s long range damage might make warday actually fair for the reds)

Blues with inadequate skills must compete against reds who are restricted to melee weapons, limited to some projectile weapons, as others have stated.

It's not fun to rebel as a low-health class, or when the entire blue team is stacked with snipers that are just beyond broken on certain maps that are just flat open. Blues shouldn't have crits since they have advantages with long-range weapons. In terms of crits, the balance can vary based on the blue team's composition and their skill level.

The argument is that blues must have crits to compete against reds, as well as the ratio; although ranged weapons should balance it out, I find it to be a weak argument since guards should have better positioning, critical thinking skills, and situational awareness when reds rebel.

Reactions: Walfools
I think we once proposed an idea for an LR where crits for BLUs are disabled for one round.

Removing crits would make the warden very vulnerable and makes the blu team suck,but if someone how Scooty said put a damage buff instead of 100% crits it would make jailbreak fair.As someone who only plays red and rebels it can be very aggravating when you get shot for 67 damage all the way from the other side of volcano or hop jb on top of pool to strafe race. And I think that if someone can make it where it’s only a damage buff instead of 100% crits that it would make jailbreak more fun

ngl i hate how most of rebelling has boiled down to melee (aside from spy) because getting ammo while the round is active to rebel is at times too hard to consider. Getting sniped 50ft across a hall by some monitoring BLU pyro with a shotgun after managing to get away from like 8+ blus (servers are very active nowadays) as a sniper isn't fun.
Just don’t peek the sniper and don’t let him see you it’s not that hard to get away with atleast 8 blues to 9

Yes, because it's funnier to kill warden when he has crits. Plus getting a taunt kill knowing you're gonna die is sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread