Declined change new way VSH#5 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Eggman

Donator
Hello Community Panda :)

Because it looks unfair pyro continue airblast no limits and it is more boring.

My suggestion: Pyro whose airblast for 5 seconds cooldown again airblast 5 seconds.

If you agree on the discussions
Like / Dislike / Something.

My bad english very sorry :(

• Agree
Reactions: Matth
It's not the playing against them that's the problem, it's playing with them, suitable nerfs should just be a class limits, increased rage from airblast, better alternatives to airblasting (aka phlog or secondary based gameplay. Cooldown on airblasts will ruin pyro since it'll encourage the same shenanigans we get from mantread soldiers, pyros jumping 24/7

A couple of questions I want to ask here for regulars and admins, since I ended up playing hale once and pyros are sneaky buggers!

How much rage does an air blast build on hale? None at all? Does this vary from different types of hales?
How wide of a radius is hale's rage? If a pyro airblast just at the right time, will they be able to avoid the radius completely? Does this vary from different types of hales?

As for the suggestion above, we have put up a limit for the class. I do apologize nothing is happening on that, but we have done as much as the full admin management side can do.

• Friendly
Reactions: Heather
How much rage does an air blast build on hale? None at all? Does this vary from different types of hales?

Airblast gives about 20% rage, not sure exact how much, but it’s in that area. Also, this is the same for all hales.

How wide of a radius is hale's rage? If a pyro airblast just at the right time, will they be able to avoid the radius completely? Does this vary from different types of hales?

Hard to explain the range of the rage, however, the rage is different between the hales. As for the CBS, the rage radius is small, but he will get arrows. Vagineer gets ubered, HHH can teleport and then rage right after. Normal hale has the biggest radius.
The pyro can avoid the rages by simply flarejump away. I think it’s smart to give this thread a context as me and @Teddi played pingpong with Thanos, without him being able to rage us. As he tried to solorage one of us, the other pyro just flarejumps and saves the raged player. This is a good strategy, however a really cancer one to play against.

I belive either remove flareguns or put a cooldown on airblast will solve it. Tbh, should be done, but will remove a lot of fun.

• Agree
Reactions: Teddi
@Madact
Rage radius scales depending on boss with Christian Brutal having the lowest radius of basically melee range but of course getting arrows as a tradeoff, airblast gives the hale 4% rage per airblast.
when timed correctly, you can bait rage and be out of the range of Saxton's radius (largest range of all the hales) making it even easier with the other hales.

Another thing to note, the radius of rage's are not as high as they are wide, meaning the height of rage is less hammerunits than the width (honestly don't know why that's the case with the game) which makes it easier for pyro's to flare jump over hale and still dodge rages with ease

The biggest issue I see people having with pyros is when they're on your team and either delaying, teamkilling or just spamming airblast to feed rage

Reactions: Bab and Roar
PYROS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Seriously though, we don't need another thread on Pyros. The class limit has been on the to-do list for a while and I guess it's a matter of time before it's implemented. The general consensus from the VSH community was to add a limit instead of editing or removing weapons. Let me just state that this thread was magically created very shortly after ONE round of the OP playing as Hale on Military while some players were actively playing Pyro just to jump and push the Hale around. It's getting a bit tedious having new threads created just because a player blames Pyros for dying on a map so hilariously overpowered for the red team. I don't think anything extra is needed to be changed for pyros other than the class limit already on the to-do list.

Reactions: PNN
Saxton Hale and HHH rage: 20 meters
Vagineer and Easter Bunny rage: 10 meters
CBS range: 5 meters

Rage always gives a 33% damage resistance buff and a very high crit resistance. People with scary bullets cannot stun Hale while they're raged.
While the Vagineer is ubered, he gains a considerable amount of uber time when he is airblasted. Usually this still doesn't make up for well positioned airblasts (near high up sentry nests e.g.) but it definitely helps against clueless pyros who are programmed to airblast every 2 seconds.

As for avoiding Hale's rage, it's easy for CBS and possible to do for Vagineer and easter bunny but afaik on flat ground you can't escape Hale's or HHH's rage when they're close to you pre-airblast.

Oh and @Trixie I think removing certain weapons completely isn't a very smart idea. It would make pyro very slow and I dont even want to imagine all the angry pyro mains. Also shotgun is pretty trash, ever seen how much damage a scout does without goomba stomps? Not a lot. And you're basically a scout but slower with that shotgun.
As Heather said It'd be better to just add weapons that encourage different playstyles and slightly nerf the knockback to self on the super flare gun

How many threads, people complaining and ragequits does it take for someone to take action on this? I mean like legitimately, there is a troll culture, making memes and fun of people raging about pyros, but how many people has to say something before someone actually realizes this is a game ruining problem for a lot of people?

Like all jokes aside.

And also, "it takes time to happen" no it doesn't lol. If Kevin wanted he could implement this within a week, tops. This legitimately shouldn't take more than max a day to implement, but I understand Kevin has a lot of other responsibilities, than just focusing on people raging about a single class.

is this pyro limitation thing just necessary on specific maps or in general?

is this pyro limitation thing just necessary on specific maps or in general?

Map-specific certainly. The only time this is a real issue is on maps with a large number of HP kits because 90% of pyros either die from fall dmg because they don't know where health packs are on maps that aren't military, or simply aren't experienced enough to time airblasts properly and they get killed anyway. This is not a general server issue at all.

It might be worth mentioning we haven't had any real complaints since this one about pyros and people have definitely adapted their gameplay to counter pyros - even some of the biggest complainers use the class now so meh.

• Agree
Reactions: Teddi
so close this or what?

Ok ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread