Pending Blue Teleporters got to go but I have an alternative... (2 Viewers)

[JB] Should we replace teleporters with EngiPads and if so what kind of EngiPads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotCalassic

Donator
As the title suggests, blue teleporters need to go. Every time I have played and seen a teleporter, it always leads to a "troll-tele" and gets the person killed and that person ends up getting away with it unless someone bothers to record and make a whole report. Teleporters are never used for any good for the blue team. I've seen them used as a means for teleporting w/ the Eureka effect, but that still doesn't benefit the team as a whole.

Here's an option: we replace them with speed-pads, jump-pads (or both!)
Capture.PNG

With this plugin ( https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2569121 ) , these 'Engipads' can help the blue team with mobility and create new and innovative ways of progressing the round to ensure it is fun for everyone involved.

There is one catch, when we implement the plugin we are given the choice only to allow speed, only allow jump, or allow both.

They all have their benefits and drawbacks but I believe semi put it the best.
Capture.PNG

I am not opposed to jump boost whatsoever, as I would think it would be fun as well, but I can see how there could be some issues that could arise perhaps on some maps, but I do not believe this should completely hinder this as an option!

Now if we do decide to pick both, how do we swap between the two?

Capture.PNG

As Semi has said, only a simple rotation can change how the "EngiPad" is used.

Now what do you guys think?

Honestly. It's jb. I see engi pads having their uses be just as niche as The regular teleporter. The main use would mainly be sometimes supporting a slow class like heavy get around larger maps as warden. Aside from that it doesn't have too much use cases. Anyways. It's still better than base teleporters. I'll be voting in favour of just speed pads.

jump pad could make it easier for blus to leave the warday spot at 6 🧐

• Wow
Reactions: baby
speed pad would be nice catching up to warden :clueless:

but i vote for both

Just for clarification this plugin does not outright replace teleporters, it simply gives you the option to use the speedpads/jumppads. You can look at panda vsh/ff2 for an example of how it works.

Video Example:

• Surprised
Reactions: scootyman
I always tend to use teleporters in combination with the eureka effect when hunting rebellers, however it does tend to be less used for that and more for trolling fellow blues/getting them killed

I do think jumpads will be overpowered since crouch jumping on them (from FF2 experience) will launch you extremely high, speedpads would be fine in my eyes

Just for clarification this plugin does not outright replace teleporters, it simply gives you the option to use the speedpads/jumppads. You can look at panda vsh/ff2 for an example of how it works.
Yeah , I misinterpreted the forum post and what semi initially told me, but hey , I don't see why we still cant keep the suggestion up and going!

• Haha
Reactions: scootyman
I always tend to use teleporters in combination with the eureka effect when hunting rebellers, however it does tend to be less used for that and more for trolling fellow blues/getting them killed

I do think jumpads will be overpowered since crouch jumping on them (from FF2 experience) will launch you extremely high, speedpads would be fine in my eyes
Jump heights (among other settings) can be adjusted to better suit jb, in fact there appears to be a setting for managing crouch jumping.

1711816432558.png

Reactions: Fairy
Did a test with some jb players, would personally recommend setting the jumppad cvars to what I have below. People seemed to be happy with it and it no longer launches you across xmf's entire cell area.

pads_jump_speed 350
pads_jump_height 550

Can you still eureka effect into the pads?

DO THEY TELEPORT!?!?

Are Reds able to use them aswell? If no, they should. Or give red engis the option to build some aswell once they rebell (get ammo).

Otherwise A speedboosted jumping heavy with crits with a mere handfull of braincells will kill any odds of rebelling.

No, but I assume it wouldn't be too hard to just delete the code that checks for the team.
If this is possible im down for it, requiring for engis to place them wisely otherwise reds can use them to Their advantage

Also, if you were to have 5 engis with both jmp and speedpads, would this cause any issues with the server?

Honestly this just seems fun. I'm down

Also, if you were to have 5 engis with both jmp and speedpads, would this cause any issues with the server?
i assume it's just a Mannpower powerup that spawns, plus the regular teleporter model, so my guess would be around 4-6 extra edicts per teleporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread