Completed Ban "Soccer Trivia" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark!

On jailbreak, there is a blu created minigame called "Soccer Trivia". The minigame usually goes like this: Reds arrive on soccer field and warden tells them to afk freeze. Than warden asks questions (Like in trivia). The first person to answer the question (usually in chat) gets to hit the ball leading to the ball killing reds.

Now I have a problem with this minigame. It's basically like First reaction, last reaction and it can be very unfair for people with high ping (such as myself). It can also sometimes cause arguments amongst blus who answered the question first, because of some problem with the chat that I cannot explain (This shows that even the chat cant be a reliable way to know who was first).

Also it's just not fun in my personal opinion (and I know there are other people who think this) since one person who can type fast and has good ping can absolutely dominate the minigame

This has been talked on the panda discord server before (Link here ty @Kazzy ) if you wanna check that out, and also there was a thread on forums about this that I cannot find.

That's pretty much it, poll will close in 7 days

I think its a pretty creative game myself and I enjoy playing it a lot ^w^ but it does take awhile to play when theres a lot of reds :<.

Personally I love it when guards get creative and make up games like this, it really slices through the average games of jb :3.

I think its a pretty creative game myself and I enjoy playing it a lot ^w^ but it does take awhile to play when theres a lot of reds :<.

Personally I love it when guards get creative and make up games like this, it really slices through the average games of jb :3.
I agree that it's cool when guards are creative. But this minigame is on the borders of being against the rules (imo)

• Informative
Reactions: Ian
Ngl its usually played by blus who are dogshit at keeping stuff clean like someone says answer in voicechat and someone might have said it earlier in chat but they pay 0 attention and so on and on.
Overall i hate it and will never play it we have soccer and trivia stop merging stuff together its cringe. (9Crush best minigame out of all tho)

• Agree
Also one thing I forgot to mention, it usually creates spam waves of people saying the answer, so sometimes the chat is just filled with answers like "4" or "yes" or something like that. Which can be a problem for players and admin warning people.

• Indifferent
Previous thread

Not exactly my favorite game and often leads itself to a lot of squabbling amongst blues despite chat being the clearest indicator. It isn't FRLR, unless you feel like banning trivia in general, as FRLR is based on the premise of confusing reds (and subsequently blues) by changing whether they are to do something as the first or last reaction. Trivia, and by extension soccer trivia, is clearly just who gets it first, no trickery involved and use chat as the final say in the matter. There is nothing in the rules about this game being illegal and the only reason it would be banned is because you don't like it. Most likely it goes the way of color chaser where it is popular for a week or so then goes into obscurity only for an OG to bring it back and confuse the living daylights out of everyone (I know what my next lr is going to be now ::>:D::). So why don't we just let it age itself out and play epic games like 9crush instead (@_Black I've been on this bandwagon longer than you have, you don't get to steal my thunder).

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: Ian and _Black
Also one thing I forgot to mention, it usually creates spam waves of people saying the answer, so sometimes the chat is just filled with answers like "4" or "yes" or something like that. Which can be a problem for players and admin warning people.

So long as the same user is not repeating the answer more than once it's fine. We understand the nature of the game is not to spam chat intentionally by a group of players.
I'd rather clear that up now. No one is in trouble for answering a question in this 'soccer trivia'.

Me Warden 3rd Time > Me Play Soccer Trivia > Me Kill Wrong Person > Guard Go Ballistic

• Clever
  • Creative
Reactions: Ian and Madact
Previous thread

Not exactly my favorite game and often leads itself to a lot of squabbling amongst blues despite chat being the clearest indicator. It isn't FRLR, unless you feel like banning trivia in general, as FRLR is based on the premise of confusing reds (and subsequently blues) by changing whether they are to do something as the first or last reaction. Trivia, and by extension soccer trivia, is clearly just who gets it first, no trickery involved and use chat as the final say in the matter. There is nothing in the rules about this game being illegal and the only reason it would be banned is because you don't like it. Most likely it goes the way of color chaser where it is popular for a week or so then goes into obscurity only for an OG to bring it back and confuse the living daylights out of everyone (I know what my next lr is going to be now ::>:D::). So why don't we just let it age itself out and play epic games like 9crush instead (@_Black I've been on this bandwagon longer than you have, you don't get to steal my thunder).
So I want to ask... By that logic we could play only "First Reaction" without last reaction? Or the other way around? (I don't mean this to be toxic in anyway, I'm sorry if it sounds like it)

• Haha
So I want to ask... By that logic we could play only "First Reaction" without last reaction? Or the other way around? (I don't mean this to be toxic in anyway, I'm sorry if it sounds like it)
No "First Reaction Last Reaction, is a Minigame which brings a lot of confusion with Guards and debatable discussions on who was first or last. Many players say this is also a good way to just avoid doing the actual minigames and getting kills fast so that is why Panda forbids this Minigame." That's the exact statement of the rules and it would still bleed into the avoiding doing the minigame part, imo.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Ian and Mark!
On jailbreak, there is a blu created minigame called "Soccer Trivia". The minigame usually goes like this: Reds arrive on soccer field and warden tells them to afk freeze. Than warden asks questions (Like in trivia). The first person to answer the question (usually in chat) gets to hit the ball leading to the ball killing reds.

Now I have a problem with this minigame. It's basically like First reaction, last reaction and it can be very unfair for people with high ping (such as myself). It can also sometimes cause arguments amongst blus who answered the question first, because of some problem with the chat that I cannot explain (This shows that even the chat cant be a reliable way to know who was first).

Also it's just not fun in my personal opinion (and I know there are other people who think this) since one person who can type fast and has good ping can absolutely dominate the minigame

This has been talked on the panda discord server before (Link here ty @Kazzy ) if you wanna check that out, and also there was a thread on forums about this that I cannot find.

That's pretty much it, poll will close in 7 days
I think it's fine as long as blus only restrict it to be chat-only, also FRLR is a trick order, soccer trivia is pretty straightforward and having worse ping always gives you a disadvantage both in jb and in-game so you can't do anything about that

• Indifferent
Its funny, i dont want it gone.

• Optimistic
Its funny, i dont want it gone.
it sure is fun but till now i´ve rarely seen it go as supposed to. Mostly done by inexperienced wardens who cant keep things clean and get confused or simply cant pay attention to chat and once someone thinks he was faster its just starting to snowball out of control and then everyone just arguing on mic and usually its a mess

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread