Declined Ban appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=butters&advType=name
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Butters
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:184900790
Date and Time of the Ban: 10-15018 03:50
Reason about the Ban: being a lil cunt
Admin that Banned you: Prick
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: Well. When i was banned i was in a darker time in my life. Now i know that is no reason to act the way i did and iv had alot of time to think on it all i can really say at this point is that i am sorry. I was acting childish and really mucked up the relationships i made on panda. I havent really given a reason to unban me other then its been some time and iv grown a bit but i really dont know what else to say. Im sorry you guys and i hope that i would be given the chance to show you.

~butters

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/now-let-me-start-off-with-this.18191/#post-92441

I have very little interest in taking this appeal seriously, you went out of your way to tarnish your reputation with this community. You especially went out of your way to piss me off, and this wasn't just done in a single night. You and Matthew both spent almost an entire week trying your best to get yourself banned. Stealing, blocking, teamkilling, chat / voice spam, almost everything in the book.

I'll let some people know this appeal exists, to see what they have to say.
But it's fat -1 for me.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/now-let-me-start-off-with-this.18191/#post-92441

I have very little interest in taking this appeal seriously, you went out of your way to tarnish your reputation with this community. You especially went out of your way to piss me off, and this wasn't just done in a single night. You and Matthew both spent almost an entire week trying your best to get yourself banned. Stealing, blocking, teamkilling, chat / voice spam, almost everything in the book.

I'll let some people know this appeal exists, to see what they have to say.
But it's fat -1 for me.

I get that and i really don't exspect you to just say" oh its ok you can come back" if anything i made this just to say sorry to you and squall i know i was an asshole and really let you two down i made a ass of myself and sadly iv never felt worst then i did when i did that. but thats enough rambleing i just wanna say sorry prick. i really hope you have a good life man.

-butters

• Bad Spelling
Reactions: krown
Ya know Nate, like Squall, I genuinely was your friend, even outside of TF2.
You had every opportunity to speak with me instead of throwing your tantrum party with Matthew.

Speaking of whom, last I encountered him, he screeched at me in Discord until I left, so I have much less respect for him than you at this point.
I would also wager that if not for his toxicity, your actions may have varied, I honestly just see him as the catalyst to the whole ordeal.

I do believe you regret your actions, but apologies and ownership are not going to rectify your behavior.
You can claim that ~six months is enough to grow up or change, but in my personal experience those words are a falsehood leading to greater disappointment.

I don't even fully understand your logic behind everything.

You spread your own rumor about quitting, then acted bewildered when your application got pulled...
I understand this only fueled the fire to your frustration.

You said you were addicted to dodgeball and you needed to stop, but getting banned was your only resolution?

The only wounds here are all self inflicted my dude, and I don't intend to come off as being mean, but you're an idiot.

As much as I would love to have the good old Butters on the server, it's not going to be the same.
You threw away thirty days worth of your life over some dumb shit, and I have no sympathy.

Awaiting further feedback from staff / witnesses.

• Informative
Reactions: fanthom
Ya know Nate, like Squall, I genuinely was your friend, even outside of TF2.
You had every opportunity to speak with me instead of throwing your tantrum party with Matthew.

Speaking of whom, last I encountered him, he screeched at me in Discord until I left, so I have much less respect for him than you at this point.
I would also wager that if not for his toxicity, your actions may have varied, I honestly just see him as the catalyst to the whole ordeal.

I do believe you regret your actions, but apologies and ownership are not going to rectify your behavior.
You can claim that ~six months is enough to grow up or change, but in my personal experience those words are a falsehood leading to greater disappointment.

I don't even fully understand your logic behind everything.

You spread your own rumor about quitting, then acted bewildered when your application got pulled...
I understand this only fueled the fire to your frustration.

You said you were addicted to dodgeball and you needed to stop, but getting banned was your only resolution?

The only wounds here are all self inflicted my dude, and I don't intend to come off as being mean, but you're an idiot.

As much as I would love to have the good old Butters on the server, it's not going to be the same.
You threw away thirty days worth of your life over some dumb shit, and I have no sympathy.

Awaiting further feedback from staff / witnesses.

Hey man i get that it takes more time then that to grow up i agree im just trying to say that i regret my actions and i want to make it up to you guys some how. If your willing to add me back on steam even if i dont get unbanned and acutualy talk id be down but i dont feel like you want anything to do with me after i fucked up as hard as i did. and your right i am an idiot but hey thats what im known for lol when have you ever heard anything about me that wasent like this "that guy is cool hes just stupid" :p anyway i hope the best for you dude and everyone here if i dont get unbanned i just want them all to know they were the best.

-booters

You gave a big finger to the community by forcing admins in a position by falsely advertising that you were hacking whilst doing everything within your power to get banned, blatantly ignoring every plea from your friends (including mine) to receive a ban, disrespecting the admins that were on that you claimed were friends at one point and expect us not to feel betrayed?

Think about it Butters... at this point it's personal outside the ban. You disregarded ALL of your friends that didn't just like, but genuinely cared about you for who you are. The same friends that would drop what they were doing to talk you out of making a bad decision. But here you are, doing it your way. Do you honestly believe getting what you want from this is going to change your decision making? It's just enabling people as well as you, to go as far as what you did to get yourself banned and get unbanned again. I don't expect an apology, I expect change and I haven't seen/heard from you in a while. You could be doing this as impulsively as you left. Trying to apologise for your mistakes to get back in, not getting exactly what you were wanting and shit on everyone again. (Which tends to be the case, more often than not) I can't vote up or down, but I'm neutral on this matter anyways.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/squalls-resignation-for-us-24-7-tx-dodgeball.12362/

^ I'll leave this here to remind you, but if you had any uncertainty of who I believed that were my people were, I didn't hide it. Glad to know you're still alive. (no sarcasm intended)

• Informative
Reactions: fanthom
You gave a big finger to the community by forcing admins in a position by falsely advertising that you were hacking whilst doing everything within your power to get banned, blatantly ignoring every plea from your friends (including mine) to receive a ban, disrespecting the admins that were on that you claimed were friends at one point and expect us not to feel betrayed?

Think about it Butters... at this point it's personal outside the ban. You disregarded ALL of your friends that didn't just like, but genuinely cared about you for who you are. The same friends that would drop what they were doing to talk you out of making a bad decision. But here you are, doing it your way. Do you honestly believe getting what you want from this is going to change your decision making? It's just enabling people as well as you, to go as far as what you did to get yourself banned and get unbanned again. I don't expect an apology, I expect change and I haven't seen/heard from you in a while. You could be doing this as impulsively as you left. Trying to apologise for your mistakes to get back in, not getting exactly what you were wanting and shit on everyone again. (Which tends to be the case, more often than not) I can't vote up or down, but I'm neutral on this matter anyways.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/squalls-resignation-for-us-24-7-tx-dodgeball.12362/

^ I'll leave this here to remind you, but if you had any uncertainty of who I believed that were my people were, I didn't hide it. Glad to know you're still alive. (no sarcasm intended)

look man i cant tell you how bad i feel about what i did. The only reason i wanted to make this appeal to say sorry to you a prick. you two were amazing friends and what i did cant be forgiven i think we all know that. i wanted to show you guys that im not afraid to say that i did wrong and im willing to do whatever it takes to prove it to you even if it is comeing back to the place that i made a fool of my self. I miss you guys and sometimes ill look back at all that happen in the short amount of time i was there. all the friendly faces that wanted nothing but to help. and i threw it all away because i dident get what i wanted. i feel like a child when i look back at how i handled that. all i can do anymore is say sorry. i really am sorry for the stupid shit i pulled, and squall.... thank you for everything man even if i was a total asshole to you. You were always someone i looked up to and always will have respect for you no matter what happens.

-one mad butters

Time heals all wounds, it's just the matter of how long you're willing to wait for your decisions to be forgave. I took what you did personal, but I know what it's like to be depressed and make rash decisions. I just personally think there was more collateral damage done in the process of what you're trying to accomplish. If an apology was all you were searching for, you could've reached us individually before making an unban appeal and your chances may have been more promising. Good luck with your appeal.

• Agree
Reactions: trash
Welcome back. It's been a while since you've been on. And personally, I'm glad that you're well.

Let me give all y'all some insight from me to the event where I actually had to ban Butters and with Prich changing that ban to Permanent. I didn't happen to join on him in the week before or the week during, so I had no idea what was going on until this event occurred.

I believe Prich was on before I was when I received a report from the TX dodgeball server. I hopped on to the server to find that Butters was angry about something unclear to me, and Prich attempting to convince Butters otherwise. Prich left frustrated, being unable to convince Butters. And here comes me. First things I noticed was that Butters played abnormally from his usual self. He then spoke to me saying that everyone ruined him. That they were against him. I asked what was happening and he said that he was upset that the administrative team believes that he was actually resigning from his short, powerless trial phase.

I began asking questions to why such a thing would happen. Butters tells me that a simple joke cucked him. He apparently made a joke that he was "quitting being an administrator", and someone took it up as if he was being serious. The rumor spreads around and he claims that Prich picked up on this rumor. Prich then proceeds to tell Luigi of the possibility that Butters might be quitting. Luigi then tells Kevin, and at this point I believe Butters received news that players were spreading rumors of his false resignation of administration. He eventually also finds out that the rumor reached to Prich and most likely reached to Luigi and Kevin.

He concluded that everyone was mostly likely against him due to the fact that other players brought word of his joke of quitting without definite and legitimate proof. Possibly the other players assumed that the rumor was true because Butters was still powerless and they believed he got impatient and decided to quit. This was, of course, false.

He rambled on for a while that the community had cucked him. He then pauses and asks me to just ban him. To take him away from this community and the pain that resided with it. I refused to ban him. The game goes on for quite some time afterwords, with me attempting to persuade him to change his mind and him declining and continuing to ramble on. He decided he had enough. Figuring that he should just steal a couple times to get banned. He stole, multiple times. I told him to please stop and reconsider his options and decisions, but I gave in after he personally messages me on steam pleading me to just ban me. And I did.

Butters messaged me further on Steam prior to the ban, however, I'm not allowed to disclose out a player's detailed personal information. All I can say was that he had a few emotionally catastrophic events occur.

I believe in the situation you were in could have been handled more professionally and appropriately, however, I feel like he wasn't himself and was being affected by the emotional events that caused him to suddenly burst out. His time away hopefully had helped him regain his senses, and return back to the good old Butters we know and appreciate. Despite how terrible this situation was, I still would like to see him around the community. Therefore, I agree to give Butters a second chance. Giving Butters my +1 on accepting his appeal.

• Informative
Reactions: trash and fanthom
I'm quite late on this post, mainly for two reasons: First being, I've been completely swamped with school work and just trying to keep myself on pace, almost done with this semester so that's nice. Second, I didn't exactly know in which direction I wanted to voice my opinion. Prich and Squall have already said a lot, so there isn't much to add. However, I will say this: Nate, you and I have known each other for almost 3 years now, and although we don't talk as often as I would like anymore, you're still like a brother to me, and I still care about you. We both went through some rough stuff back in 2016 and 2017, but we always had each other's backs, and I appreciate that. That being said, what you did on the server? What you did to get yourself banned, and falsely advertising cheats to me, an admin, but more important one of YOUR best friends? Unacceptable. Our relationship is better than that, and I will enforce this again as Prich and Squall have, but you blatantly disrespected your friends with those actions, and your inability to not heed our advice. Had you listened, things might be different today, and we wouldn't even be having this discussion. With that being said, I've forgiven you for your actions, but I don't think you'll be getting this ban removal as of now, it's a -1 for me.

I spoke to Dio about this over PM, I was going to wait for her to make her own post... While she was not directly involved with the events that took place, in short her consensus was not to accept the appeal. (-1)

Due to the feedback presented I will be declining and closing this appeal.
You may appeal again in the future, but I would sit on it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread