Accepted Ban Appeal from Arena Server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martii²

SourceBans Ban URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/in...rch=STEAM_0:0:15398154&advType=steamid&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Martii²
Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:0:15398154
Date and Time of the Ban: 2013-10-02 22:37:19
Reason about the Ban: At the time Marked as Banned on SteamRep because of a Spycrab scam I did, which I regret doing because I can't enjoy the game because of this anymore.
Admin that Banned you: Automatic plug-in
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:
I have tried to revert the ban tag on SteamRep because I truly regret what I have done (I ran away from a Spycrab bet, but I did pay back the victim after I regretted it, sadly that was not enough which I understand), sadly at the time (last year) there was not enough evidence to help me because it happened on UTC which is not up anymore, so the best SteamRep could do for me was give me a "Legacy Ban", more info about that can be found here: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197991062036

Seems like I already tried appealing here 2 years ago, and after that I went to SteamRep, they then changed my status to Legacy Ban instead of Banned.

So, is there anything you can do with a legacy ban?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Just to be clear to the admin that handles this, legacy bans are equivilant to the regular steam bans except that the original community on which the player was banned on no longer exists. Therefore the original report from the server cannot be tracked however there has been no change to the ban status of the user he has not appealed the ban.

personally i dont see any difference between legacy or normal ones.
ban is valid either way in my opinion - why dont you appeal to steamrep?

Reactions: Mark!
I'll go back to SteamRep and see if they can help me. Last time they told me a Leggacy Ban was the best they could do for me because of lack of evidence.

If an appeal through this system concludes that evidence is gone, which will be the case for most defunct communities' tags, then the reputation will be converted to a "Legacy" ban. Legacy bans are permanent, and cannot be appealed. If no action is taken by the person tagged, a regular BANNED tag will by default be kept as is until such time they submit an appeal.

Exactly as @Racer911-1 pointed out above, that happened when I tried to appeal my Banned status 2 years ago.

They gave me the Legacy Ban status because of lack of evidence, and acording to this page, communities are free to interpret this how they want.

/Edit: I would also like to add, that I've been honest to SteamRep, and the PandaCommunity about what happened almost 10 years ago, and that I regret it, lack of evidence or not, I know I had to face the concequenses that I've been facing for almost 10 years. /Edit

What does this mean?
If you see a profile with this reputation status, it means they were reported, investigated, and marked as a scammer by one of SteamRep's partner communities, but that community has disappeared so evidence may no longer exist. As of September 2016, SteamRep began a new streamlined appeal process just for tags issued by dead communities, in which a case will be quickly reviewed to determine if a tag needs to be discarded (no information about why tag was issued to begin with) or kept intact permanently (very solid evidence person is a scammer, continued risk to community). If an appeal through this system concludes that evidence is gone, which will be the case for most defunct communities' tags, then the reputation will be converted to a "Legacy" ban. Legacy bans are permanent, and cannot be appealed. If no action is taken by the person tagged, a regular BANNED tag will by default be kept as is until such time they submit an appeal.
How are LEGACY tags treated as opposed to BANNED or CAUTION tags?
LEGACY is a different status from BANNED or CAUTION, and will be differentiated in future versions of the SteamRep API or plugin. Older versions without functionality to recognize LEGACY status will treat this as a CAUTION. This means any website or server which does not explicitly code in functionality to ban for LEGACY tags, in addition to other tags, will no longer automatically ban on sight.

As @Kevin mentioned, they don't see a difference between Legacy and Banned tags (thats the way they interpret it), so thats their choice, nothing I can further do, but, thanks for looking into it nonetheless.

• Friendly
Reactions: Racer911-1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread