Completed ba_mlcastle_refurbished (beta update) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakariasan2

Hi everyone,
I'm the creator of mlcastle and I've been working on a new version that completely changes the map. It gives each minigame a unique theme, more/edited minigames, edited secrets, custom models and textures, restylized areas etc. My goal for this refurbish is to update the map since its original release and make it not look like a 2010 Minecraft map. I've made it beta because I want to make sure everything is working before I send it off into the world.
If this gets added or you have play tested it, you can leave a comment below so I can see the feedback towards any changes I might do to the map.
Thanks and hope you guys enjoy my hard work :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ynEMFZ1ovBPlHv6k0ZJrm0hymWUWChKV/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• 20220101214839_1.jpg
    20220101214839_1.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 20220101215031_1.jpg
    20220101215031_1.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 20220101215006_1.jpg
    20220101215006_1.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 20220101214930_1.jpg
    20220101214930_1.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 20220101214909_1.jpg
    20220101214909_1.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 20220101214842_1.jpg
    20220101214842_1.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 151
i remember i saw the screenshots leak of this version of mlcastle. you don't understand how hyped i was.

mlcastle definitely has to be the most solid jailbreak map of all of them. good minigames, very small amount of bugs, (none that are gamebreaking), and good layout.

i playtested as much of the map as i can and i would like to share some feedback and bugs with you before its full release (see document).

Please not that I did not decompile the map, all of these findings are from playing the map in-game only.

Haven't had the chance to check out the minigames but I'll try and do that here soon. The updated textures gives a refreshing look, they look great.

If everything functions accordingly, this map will certainly be on the current rotation of maps. Let us know when you've finished so we can task this up to be added to the servers.

i remember i saw the screenshots leak of this version of mlcastle. you don't understand how hyped i was.

mlcastle definitely has to be the most solid jailbreak map of all of them. good minigames, very small amount of bugs, (none that are gamebreaking), and good layout.

i playtested as much of the map as i can and i would like to share some feedback and bugs with you before its full release (see document).

Please not that I did not decompile the map, all of these findings are from playing the map in-game only.
Thanks for giving me feedback on the map. I've taken some ideas you pointed out and implemented in the map. Some things I want to comment are:
- In the arena, the fog only works for the players in the pit. This minigame can only be activated if there is a player either in the room and/or in the pit. When players leave, it deactivates. The reason for this is to avoid having it left on when no one is there and a red player could come in and use those buffs to their advantage.
- The little holes in the wall in stairway to heaven is a little hint to a secret. Kinda like a wall about to be broken down.
- I made every torch have no collisions so classes can't stand on them e.g. soilder and scout, while others try to get them but can't reach. Made sure to have every area reachable.
- Sweeper can only be turned on unless there is someone in the sweeper area and can only be activated by blue. I've got asked by a couple of people to revert it back which I will do.

Thanks for giving me feedback on the map. I've taken some ideas you pointed out and implemented in the map. Some things I want to comment are:
- In the arena, the fog only works for the players in the pit. This minigame can only be activated if there is a player either in the room and/or in the pit. When players leave, it deactivates. The reason for this is to avoid having it left on when no one is there and a red player could come in and use those buffs to their advantage.
- The little holes in the wall in stairway to heaven is a little hint to a secret. Kinda like a wall about to be broken down.
- I made every torch have no collisions so classes can't stand on them e.g. soilder and scout, while others try to get them but can't reach. Made sure to have every area reachable.
- Sweeper can only be turned on unless there is someone in the sweeper area and can only be activated by blue. I've got asked by a couple of people to revert it back which I will do.
thanks for responding, these are some good design choices that i overlooked, i hope to see a finished version soon and of course i'll update you if i ever find anything else about the map.

Hello! just got some minor things human didn't point out.

Not sure if these are even visible from in game but some textures are misaligned
20220102071738_1.jpg

The two spots below have some obvious prop fade

20220102070830_1.jpg

20220102070833_1.jpg

20220102070754_1.jpg

20220102070226_1.jpg

20220102070927_1.jpg

I also feel like the sweeper cage button should also be blue since it acts similarly to this button

Don't load mlcastle_v10 after refurbished or vice-versa
20220102072746_1.jpg
20220102073130_1.jpg

Map's looking great can't wait to try it out on the servers

Don't load mlcastle_v10 after refurbished or vice-versa
20220102072746_1.jpg
20220102073130_1.jpg
this same thing happens when going from famous_final to famous 2.
i dont use hammer but i assume it happens when textures are different in both maps but keep the same name therfore not updating the texture as it has already been loaded in-game

I have like one problem and the rest nitpicks but this is probably coming from my end.
This is all totally subjective and my opinion so if I come across as being unreasonable and dumb I am sorry.

Screenshot (603).png
I personally think the cell area is a bit visually noisy? It's kind of distracting but maybe it's a me problem, coming from a different version of the map and whatever, this also might be a problem for people with sensitivity issues or can't see colors properly, but I don't really know too much about that.

Screenshot (604).png
In stairway as well, it just feels weird but since I am not a mapper I can't really articulate it well, maybe to do with how the textures are mixed with each other?

Screenshot (601).pngScreenshot (605).png
In stage chaos, while I love the redesign the entrance for blues feels kind of small? Most people are gonna be standing on the control platform right, it feels kind of a waste for the chairs to occupy that much space. (Also the bug of using a minigun to hit two buttons at once is still prevalent, kind of a big deal)

Screenshot (606).pngScreenshot (607).png
There's some pop in here

Screenshot (608).png
The pillars here kind of make the room feel smaller and would probably just get in the way, doesn't really feel necessary to have.

Also for disco, the stage chaos bug works here, and it kind of bugs out a little, but not really a big deal.(there's a discord notification in the video)

You should totally ignore this part because I am going to be a little BITCH but, I really wish you added more songs to showcase more of Marios history. I love how you added Luigi's Mansion music, but what about the other spin-offs? Or some of the recent 3D games like Odyssey? There are so many remixed BANGERS online.
Are all like really cool and they would work great here, surely there's space on the platform?
Screenshot (617).png

Regardless of all this bitching, this does look fantastic, thank you for your hard work.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Buns
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. You guys are better playtesters than me and my other testers ?. I'm releasing an update soon that fixes the majority of bugs that will make the map more playable. In terms of the floor tiling, I'll wait till other people have played it to see what they think of. I have a couple of ideas to fix it e.g. making the dark squares less obscure or replacing the texture entirely.

@zakariasan2 the map won't download when i download it i can't put the file into my maps how can i fix this

d590f083f427174e65403e3b53a2bce0.png

Remove the (2) from the map name in your files

Changelog For Beta2
- Fixed Big Bob-Omb Blast buttons
- Fixed Stage Chaos Buttons (Both thanks to Berke)
- Fixed textures and props (clipping and disproportion issues)
- Fixed DK barrels.
- Edited pictures in cells.
- Edited Soccer
- Edited Fireballs in Obby (sound will only play if there are players near it)
- Made Sweeper be able to be activated at any time by any team (like the old version).
- Made arena buttons work. No need for anyone to be in the arena for them to work (will see how this goes).
- Added Steady Pace startup music (very own theme).

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qGtgivLLqucN4ITRlNayUy5GQzvJlhuK/view?usp=sharing

Reactions: iamhuman
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. You guys are better playtesters than me and my other testers ?. I'm releasing an update soon that fixes the majority of bugs that will make the map more playable. In terms of the floor tiling, I'll wait till other people have played it to see what they think of. I have a couple of ideas to fix it e.g. making the dark squares less obscure or replacing the texture entirely.
we play jailbreak everyday. and i love to analyze maps and take advantages of as many bugs or exploits as possible. im glad you are giving us this ability to playtest, its a great map.

Reactions: Bananawastaken
I'm a bit late to the party it seems, but I made some feedback aswell. Maybe not as thorough and mostly pointless things that can be ignored, but definetly some things in there that need changing.

I'm a bit late to the party it seems, but I made some feedback aswell. Maybe not as thorough and mostly pointless things that can be ignored, but definetly some things in there that need changing.
Hi Racer, thanks for the feedback.
The soccer ball will only work when phys_pushscale is entered in console with a number of 100 or higher. This is done with dodgeball as well. Servers usually have this enabled.
Star pit doesn't need friendlyfire as it uses has a kill boundary around the player who got the star, which will disappear after a while when they powerdown.
The vote is there for servers who have vote commands (don't know if they still exist).
Otherwise, thanks for the feedback! Will look into some of those :). Will integrate some of those changes in a later update. Probably won't update for a while unless there is a breaking bug or minigames not working.

• Informative
Reactions: Racer911-1
Changelog For Beta4
- Fixed Star Pit
- Fixed music button for hexagon heat.
- Fixed grammar/wording on some minigames (I know how to english).
- Fixed some jail spawns not working.
- Edited Fall Game to play faster.
- Edited Arena river so that players can easily jump out of it.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yk-gEOwyC5CNId7W6sr6CjtXHLzjSkii/view?usp=sharing

Fixing a lot of minor things to make the map run more smoothly.

Reactions: Cyveray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread